Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2014, 07:54 PM   #15

So you're buying a Ventana, and your posting a dealer's list of features for the Dutchstar-on the Entegra forum. I would probably get the same reception if I posted a dealer list of Anthem features on the Newmar forum after I just bought an Aspire rather than a Ventana. Interesting, but I'm glad you like your Ventana choice.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2014, 07:57 PM   #16

One of the neat things about this RV lifestyle ( for us old-timers) is that there are always new folks entering the ranks, and it's exciting to see their exuberance, and while they may not know it, their excitement has a lot more to do with the things that they're seeing and the lifestyle that they're living than it does to do with their particular coach MFG choice. Entegra vs Newmar competition only exists because Monaco, Country Coach, Alfa, etc are gone, and many of these new buyers don't know what it was like back in those days.

One of your most prolific Entegra posters flamed out on here the other day, apparently over brand loyalty.

We all see the same USA through whatever windshield we own.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:59 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by nforus View Post
One of the neat things about this RV lifestyle ( for us old-timers) is that there are always new folks entering the ranks, and it's exciting to see their exuberance, and while they may not know it, their excitement has a lot more to do with the things that they're seeing and the lifestyle that they're living than it does to do with their particular coach MFG choice. Entegra vs Newmar competition only exists because Monaco, Country Coach, Alfa, etc are gone, and many of these new buyers don't know what it was like back in those days.

One of your most prolific Entegra posters flamed out on here the other day, apparently over brand loyalty.

We all see the same USA through whatever windshield we own.
Well said
Old 09-04-2014, 08:20 PM   #18

Sorry if I seem overly skeptical but wouldn't someone who has details of the Ventana and Dutch Star know that the name of the company is Newmar, not New Mar. Just saying that something doesn't really register right. I'm not saying that out of brand loyalty to the Entegra as we are wrestling with the choice between the Anthem and the Dutch Star also, but I've never known a dealer who let's a potential customer take a 30 mile test drive in anything, let alone a $400,000 motor home.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:38 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
Sorry if I seem overly skeptical but wouldn't someone who has details of the Ventana and Dutch Star know that the name of the company is Newmar, not New Mar. Just saying that something doesn't really register right. I'm not saying that out of brand loyalty to the Entegra as we are wrestling with the choice between the Anthem and the Dutch Star also, but I've never known a dealer who let's a potential customer take a 30 mile test drive in anything, let alone a $400,000 motor home.

When I bought my Anthem I drove at least 30 miles as they were more than helpful. I guess it depends on the dealer but in my experience its not that uncommon.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:45 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2013 View Post
they didn't mind time wise, I wanted to put them thu some quick lane changes swerves etc., they were cool, just waited for brakes in traffic and told them what I was doing ahead of time.

For a short pop to 75mpg in each, worked the jake brakes in both speed.

One the NewMar I went off the shoulder, wanted to see if it was going to catch an edge, it didn't.

Hey it's a demo.

A very close friend owners a Newmar King Air. The company has made them want to sell their one year old unit mainly because the factory support is very bad. The coach is about $900,000. And they will be looking at the Cornerstore because it is 90% of their current Newmar cost and Entegra won't give them the runaround when they bring it in for repairs. The list of unsatisfied repairs would choke a team of horses for their Newmar. After living with their disappointments I wouldn't consider a Newmar if it was half price.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:51 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swenster View Post
A very close friend owners a Newmar King Air. The company has made them want to sell their one year old unit mainly because the factory support is very bad. The coach is about $900,000. And they will be looking at the Cornerstore because it is 90% of their current Newmar cost and Entegra won't give them the runaround when they bring it in for repairs. The list of unsatisfied repairs would choke a team of horses for their Newmar. After living with their disappointments I wouldn't consider a Newmar if it was half price.

Clarification.....the cornerstone has about 90% of the goodies at half the price. Look at Cruisers evaluation of the comfort drive and it shouldn't be a big part of your evaluation process.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:52 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
I just spent some time on the Newmar site. I like to learn from anyone I can. Lots of happy owners over there.

I just wonder though. Why aren't the Entegra owners going over there to post why our coaches are better or why we bought an Entegra. I personally don't feel the need to claim mine is better than yours, I don't feel the need to try to explain why I have an Entegra vs. a Newmar.

It seems to me that the established kid on the bock apparently feels threatened because someone likes another choice? We talked to a person who is looking and he found that the Newmar dealer was talking about how bad the Enegra's are. I would run from a dealer who does that. When we talked to LD hey had nothing but good to say about Newmar even though they don't sell them.

I like both coaches and I like it when we help each other. I've learned from owners of both and other brands as well.

Not so much when we debate whose choice is better.

Let's deal with issues and not the integrity of people's thought processes and choices.

<<Getting down off my soapbox>>
Old 09-04-2014, 09:18 PM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
Sorry if I seem overly skeptical but wouldn't someone who has details of the Ventana and Dutch Star know that the name of the company is Newmar, not New Mar. ......
I've never known a dealer who let's a potential customer take a 30 mile test drive in anything, let alone a $400,000 motor home.
So a typo is something to point out

Maybe you don't know how to ask for demo before you get there and explain how you would like to do it!

Quote:
Come on I just read here where entegra were at the factory for two months on an issue and it left unfixed.

Sometimes it's how you handle handle things with the service dept. As for a list unsatisfied owners, do you have that list? probably not, Moreover, how many do they have on the road happy as a clam?

Look at the Pallazo problems with slides, but they are finally fixed.

Entegra don't have a many on the ground as Newmar (did I spell it right ) all these coaches will need warranty work at one time or another, I think both companies with get them resolved, they are both good support wise.

Quote:
Clarification.....the cornerstone has about 90% of the goodies at half the price. Look at Cruisers evaluation of the comfort drive and it shouldn't be a big part of your evaluation process.
Could not care less what anyone thinks in the negative about comfort drive, it fantastic and should be a part of the decision process.

This was the second time I drove one, lat year I did a 38 with 25-40 MPH direct crosswinds, it was train on trac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltydog44 View Post
Why aren't the Entegra owners going over there to post why our coaches are better or why we bought an Entegra. I personally don't feel the need to claim mine is better than yours, I don't feel the need to try to explain why I have an Entegra vs. a Newmar.
It's your prerogative as it is mine, isn't it?

Quote:
the Newmar dealer was talking about how bad the Enegra's are. I would run from a dealer who does that. When we talked to LD hey had nothing but good to say about Newmar even though they don't sell them.
Agree!
Old 09-04-2014, 09:20 PM   #24

I recently made the move from Newmar to Entegra. Was very close on going up to a London Aire, but liked the features of the Cornerstone a little better. I'd say they are both fine and have much more in common than different. I don't think I'd compare an Aspire to a Dutch Star though.
Old 09-04-2014, 10:02 PM   #25

This is going nowhere fast. They are both great companies with great products. Entegra, a lot cheaper and a lot longer warranty. Newmar a lot more customizing opportunities and a lot more floor plans. Entegra has the Spartan chassis on the entire line, Newmar only on the higher end coaches. Do your homework, choose what is important to you and make your brand selection. Then get out on the road and enjoy the coach you have chosen, it will likely treat you very good and be a great coach for years to come. All JMHO
Old 09-05-2014, 12:05 AM   #26

GVWR: Aspire 47660, Ventana 44000, Dutch Star 44600
GCWR: Aspire 62660, Ventana 54000, Dutch Star 54600

Aspire Aqua Hot is 65600 BTU, not 50000.

Generator: Aspire 10000kw, Ventana and Dutch Star 8000kw
AC: Aspire 3 15k BTU units, Ventana and Dutch Star 2 13.5k units

There's a zillion ways to slice and dice the specs. You buy what you want and like.

dg

Quote:
The Entegra just doesn't drive handle as well, sorry if I disagree with those that think its better than sliced bread.

Drove about 20 miles on Sunday in a '15 Aspire, today about 30 miles in a Ventana 4037, it was simply a little better, the comfort drive is a great feature.

I would say the Aspire was tad quieter.

The steering wheel adjustment was MUCH better on Newmar, I also can get a few options that are not standard.

All for 35K less, believe me if it was sliced bread IU would have spent the difference.

---------------------

I also found this list at one of the dealers.

The Dutch Star Tag Axle advantages include but are not limited to:

Comfort Drive n/a on Entegra products

Integrated Awnings w/ Girard G2000 Patio vs Non Integrated A & E awnings

Optional 2nd Patio Girard Awning vs N/A on Aspire

17,000lbs front IFS (14,600 IFS on non tag & 40’ TAGS) vs 15,600 lbs
I Beam Axle Freightliner XCR Chassis vs Spartan Mountain Master
1” Taller Chassis Rails for Strength and Storage

60 degree wheel cut vs 52 degree

200 amp alternator vs 170 on Aspire

Michelin 315 tires all around vs Goodyear 295 on front & 275 on rear of the Entegra

105/65/45 fresh/grey/black tanks vs 80/50/50 tanks

150 gallons fuel on tag axle units vs 100 gallons on Aspire

c-channel 16” o.c. construction vs tubular 16”o.c, construction

50,000btu Oasis hydronic heat w/2 110 heat elements vs 50,000btu Aqua Hot 400 w/ single 110 element w/ infloor water based heat

2 -37’ - 2-40’ & 9-43’ floorplans vs 1-40’, 3-42’ & 2 -44’

7-optional full wall slide floorplans vs Entegra does not build any full wall slides ( I think they do now?)

Master Piece Paint Finish w/ graphics continuing on sides of slides vs outside source paint w/o graphics on slide sides

40” Exterior tv on swing arm and Sound Bar vs stationary 32” tv
Sony products throughout vs Samsung

Optional 48” drop down tv behind sofa and fireplace on some floorplans vs stationary 46” tv’s

38” x 40” Residential Showers in most Floorplans vs 36” Radius Shower w/ Sliding Doors in All

Life Cycle change exterior and interior new for 2013 vs 7 year old exterior caps, patio lights, design

Old 09-05-2014, 05:17 AM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
come'on Curt, U have an Entegra, don't need a demo in a New Mar

Jimbo,

I will be upgrading to something next year about this time and I will explore ALL my options.

Curt

Sent from my iPhone
Old 09-05-2014, 05:22 AM   #28
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Folks, some posts are starting to get personal and that's not permitted by our rules.

Also some posts are getting into a bit of brand wars, which is not permitted by our rules either.

Thanks.

Closed Thread

Tags
newmar