Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-21-2020, 10:57 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by garysfb View Post
As in most things RV, not one size fits all. We all have different income/wealth numbers, different ages, retired and not retired. In our case we retired in mid 2017, sold our lake house to buy a new RV. We fully intend to drive it until we can't. So we don't give a darn what resale value is, nor do we care what new and fancy bells and whistles come along. We're entirely happy with our purchase especially now that we're almost three years into it and have smoothed out all (most) of the wrinkles. If we want to add or remodel it will be way less expensive, and time consuming, than buying a new RV.

So far we've spent about 1/3 of our time in the RV and still have a lot of places and people to see on our list. So here's to the good life!
X2. We really like our coach. DW asked if I won the lottery, would I want a new coach. I can honestly say "no". I have what I want and even though I can't travel until Covid is over, it'll keep me happy until I can't RV any more.
GeezerViz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-22-2020, 06:32 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
I never thought it was directed at me. Again just commenting on the way you started your post.
I think most people just ignore his posts. Probably getting crotchety in his old age.
Old 12-22-2020, 07:10 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinantholt View Post
Dave, your Coach has a Low of $158,300 and a high of $190,750 (NADA) so 125K would be a steal for the buyer.
It's not as bad as you think. Plus it's a Sellers Market this year for RV's. Especially used because the product isn't as available as much as the previous years because of Covid.
It would have been a steel for the dealer

We've talked about selling it ourselves, but again I'm not convinced of the need and the reward.

Thanks
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 02:59 PM   #32

Entegra Owners Club
We'll just keep ours

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
I'm keeping my 2015 Anthem for as long as I'm "motorhoming". And ... I am actually "full time" now (well, will be as soon as the house in NOLA sells). Drove it to the AIM Fredericksburg rally two weeks ago after the coach had sat almost a year while Dan wasn't doing well. The only problem I had was the steps quit on me. E-Trailer order and a fellow Entegra owner got my steps fixed. Just drove to my stopover tonight on my way to St. Augustine for Christmas and the coach did great. It might not have all the great stuff that Entegra and their suppliers have put in the coaches ... but as of next week, I have owned her for 6 years and almost 60,000 miles. She is better today, than 6 years ago ... HWH, Lambright sofa, full house water softner ... etc. But, I really do want 360 cameras ... or better cameras ... any suggestions? Lynn

Lynn, in regards to your question about cameras. I sympathize with your wanting to get rid of your camera system. 2014 & 2015 were the worst for cameras for Entegra. I just finished installing a 360 camera system and I'm not sure I would recommend it to you. Honestly I haven’t used it much so I’m not an authority on its use yet but I am on its installation. I bought the best one I could find. It’s from rearviewsafety.com. 360 is good for slow moving but not so much at highway speed. The installation is not easy which makes it pretty pricey. The parts were around $2000.. I am also still running the Total Vision system that my Cornerstone came with. It’s really good but I never really use the motor part of the camera so again it’s a little expensive as just a camera. You might look into replacing the monitor and camera that exists with a better system. Rearviewsafety.com has quite a few and all would be better than what you have. You would be able to use the existing wiring. If you want to know more pm me and I would be glad to help anyway I can.

I hope you have a blessed Holiday during this tough time.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 03:39 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave&ginny View Post
Gary,

The nearest I can figure it costs me about $1800-$2000 per year to maintain the coach with me doing all the work myself. This includes the wear and tear on the tires, oil changes and other wearable items. The $35000 depreciation is on top of that.
Certainly your annual cost of ownership is greater that the DIY maintenance costs of $1800-2000.

There’s insurance and registration. Maybe $2K/yr.
Fuel, perhaps $3000 if you drive 10K miles.
RV resorts. 60 nights at $50/per totals $3K.
Interest on a loan, if applicable.

If you’re actually using it a moderate amount, it could be $10-12K to operate and maintain. Until you sell, the depreciation is an unrealized loss. Depreciation will be the greatest in the first few years. You’re past that point. If you can learn to live with the shame of driving a 5 year old coach, you’ll have more disposable money to waste on other things.
RVPioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 03:42 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by darjacob View Post
I think most people just ignore his posts.
Words to live by.
RVPioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 03:43 PM   #35

Entegra Owners Club
Same for us we will keep our classic as ling as we can travel. We will update ours as needed. BTW you would sell a classic corvette would you. As the comedian Gallagher says “You have to go in style.”

Herb
royals1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 09:42 AM   #36

Winnebago Owners Club
Our estate lawyer suggested we end our wills with these 5 words:

"Sorry, we spent it all"!

We earned it, saved it and have the right to spend it any way or on anything that will give us pleasure.
Old 12-23-2020, 10:01 AM   #37

You Go, Kids !!

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 10:18 AM   #38

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
We have spend a whole lot of money on our 07 the 5 years we’ve had it. Sometimes it seems crazy. We looked at new ones a few times, and it boils down to; do you want to spend 6 figures or low 5 figures?
1. It is, just a bread box on wheels with pretty paint
2. With all of our upgrades, I know what I’ve got, I know what I’ve fixed, and have a pretty good idea of what might go wrong next.
3. It gets me from point A to point B just like a new one. And it’s not about the rig, it’s about the journey and the good folks along the way.
4. If I had paid the huge amount for a new one, then experienced the problems I see, I would probably go postal on someone.
5. All you are buying is glitz....and smell. And you paid HOW much!
Old 12-23-2020, 01:23 PM   #39

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
Lynn, in regards to your question about cameras. I sympathize with your wanting to get rid of your camera system. 2014 & 2015 were the worst for cameras for Entegra. I just finished installing a 360 camera system and I'm not sure I would recommend it to you. Honestly I haven’t used it much so I’m not an authority on its use yet but I am on its installation. I bought the best one I could find. It’s from rearviewsafety.com. 360 is good for slow moving but not so much at highway speed. The installation is not easy which makes it pretty pricey. The parts were around $2000.. I am also still running the Total Vision system that my Cornerstone came with. It’s really good but I never really use the motor part of the camera so again it’s a little expensive as just a camera. You might look into replacing the monitor and camera that exists with a better system. Rearviewsafety.com has quite a few and all would be better than what you have. You would be able to use the existing wiring. If you want to know more pm me and I would be glad to help anyway I can.

I hope you have a blessed Holiday during this tough time.
Thank you ... I might look into doing something next year ... The good thing about my current camera is that I know it isn't reliable and makes me look many times in all the mirrors and then back in the camera before I even think of making a lane change! And .. as in my recent backing up parking in St. Augustine ... get out of the coach and look for myself and not rely on the fellow trying to give me hand directions! If I would have followed his instructions, I would have a nice long scratch in the side of my motorhome from a tree! Some of these work campers really don't understand parking a motorhome is quite different than parking a 5th wheel or tag along!
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 04:53 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
Thank you ... I might look into doing something next year ... The good thing about my current camera is that I know it isn't reliable and makes me look many times in all the mirrors and then back in the camera before I even think of making a lane change! And .. as in my recent backing up parking in St. Augustine ... get out of the coach and look for myself and not rely on the fellow trying to give me hand directions! If I would have followed his instructions, I would have a nice long scratch in the side of my motorhome from a tree! Some of these work campers really don't understand parking a motorhome is quite different than parking a 5th wheel or tag along!
Amazon sells 4 component rear view cameras for $400. You can install yourself if your handy with electronics and splicing wires. Took me about 4 days. For 1 camera used the pre-existing wiring and spliced it in. Works, but the pic isn’t high resolution and I attribute that to the wiring. Ran another camera in back with a straight-back view, and 2 cameras on the side.

Doing it is easy, finding places to run the wiring was painful, with a lot of the wiring run under the chassis and through storage areas.

I also updated the radio to a large screen plug and play, to get hands free for the cellphone...

To me at least, the only benefit of an expensive new rig is:

1) the cameras
2) the electronics/radio/hand free/etc
3) led lighting
4) interior styling
5) exterior styling

First 3 I changed, 4th is almost done, 5th I could care less about.

My wife and I looked at new class DP’s... the ones that were “affordable” at 200-300k felt flimsy. Doors were lightweight, particle board, etc.

The nice stuff was $350,000+ to match the structural quality of a 20 year old DP... IMHO

And the one really nice thing about an older rig... it’s fixable. No heavy duty electronics or computers... if the iPad controller on a new rig breaks in the future, I wonder if the rig gets totaled?
bpu699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 06:01 PM   #41

I tried to upgrade the shocks today but they're on back order until the first week of January. I'm going to replace the rear shocks and front shocks. Ginny said that since we've decided to keep our Aspire, lets start upgrading.
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 03:21 PM   #42

Cabin on lake

Wow I just sold my log cabin on island in the middle of a lake and bought a new Rv. Wish I would have kept the log cabin now! Grass is always greener on the other side.
Tuscany3680 is offline   Reply With Quote