RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-01-2014, 07:07 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Wet bay

I noticed that the wet Bay Area on entegra mh's are not one piece glass or liners. Anybody see any water damage or rot issues in the bays?
mymyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2014, 07:18 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
No...nor have I heard of any.

Have to use a catch when you change the water filters. Otherwise you'll likely get a little wet carpet.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 07:24 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Kinda curious why you would ask.
Old 02-01-2014, 07:44 PM   #4

I saw the filter was on the passenger side in the carpeted area but I thought the actual wet bay looked like plastic
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 07:50 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Kinda curious why you would ask.
Rotting wet bay floors has been a huge issue in the past on many Tiffin coaches.
pacwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 07:50 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Seems like a lurker, but yes the wet bay seems pretty tight. I turned the wrong nob once and had 1/4 inch of water in it that went nowhere till I drained it and dried it out. He referred to bays in general, but we don't own a Tiffin and have yet to see those problems.
Old 02-01-2014, 07:55 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Seems like a lurker, but yes the wet bay seems pretty tight. I turned the wrong nob once and had 1/4 inch of water in it that went nowhere till I drained it and dried it out. He referred to bays in general, but we don't own a Tiffin and have yet to see those problems.
I don't think the OP is a lurker as he just ordered a new Entegra and he is moving from a Tiffin and has very valid concerns.
pacwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 08:02 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
That's good, you never know when you don't see additional info...mymist, welcome to the Entegra family.

While you may have had challenges with the 2013 Allegro, you've chosen a great coach and company. That is a shame. No fun to fight long term problems in this life style.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:15 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Wet bay redux

No not a lurker (at least not on this forum)
I ask as I see seams at the sidewall joints in the wet bay. We saw many 2-3 year old Tiffins at red bay this past June getting wet bay rebuilds, most covered by Tiffin, when we took the Allegro to the factory for some warranty paint work. Our 2013 had a one piece solid frp liner so supposedly not affected ( although factory doesn't hesitate to use standard wood screws through it to mount some components )
As this was a big issue on Tiffin coaches in the past I was juts a bit surprised when I noticed frp board with caulked seams at the sidewall joints in the entegra bays.
Hopefully will be no problem, I'll probably upgrade to the Anthem before I have an issue with this anyway!
mymyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 10:18 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Excuse me for mentioning the Travel Supreme, but this does apply to the Entegra water bay. The materials used in the water bay are the same as the TS and it is the same water bay. The TS was eleven years old when I sold it and the wet bay still looked perfect, both inside and out. I did remove the old caulk about 5 years ago and re-caulk it. I put a fresh coat of paint on it and I didn't even need to prep it.

I won't have any worries about the water bay in the Entegra, but if the caulking does come loose, it only takes a few minutes to replace it and keep the floor rot free.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:13 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Keep in mind that the original Tiffin wet bay floors weren't real plywood. They were some kind of composite material (I forget the actual name) that was lightweight and used for trade show displays. Mine rotted out and was replaced by Tiffin under warranty after 5 years. The new replacement is a thin plastic material that can't rot. However, it also has an R value right around zero and the fresh tank sits on top of it. So, when the floor was replaced I took the liberty of adding electrical heat plates to the bottom of the tank because I already had to replace one fresh tank that froze up prior to the floor change. Later I wadded a thick styrofoam insulation board to the bottom of the wet bay area and bent up a custom aluminum sheet metal tray to keep it in place and protect it from rocks or road debris.

I'll gladly settle for the Travel Supreme/Entegra design any day.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote