Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-08-2018, 12:32 PM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
Congratulations on the new coach.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2018, 02:39 PM   #30

Actually I believe Jan 2017 was for their new facility. We bought from them in July 2014 in Atlanta.
Also our experience has been that if you feel things are not being done correctly, TELL them. They are usually willing to flex to do things the right way.
Old 07-08-2018, 02:44 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerwin View Post
Actually I believe Jan 2017 was for their new facility. We bought from them in July 2014 in Atlanta.
Also our experience has been that if you feel things are not being done correctly, TELL them. They are usually willing to flex to do things the right way.
You are absolutely right. I forgot they were operating in a different location prior to the currently facility in Lawrenceville.

I apologize for the oversight.
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 06:28 AM   #32

no apology needed.. you both are probably right

y'all now get the long version.
we bought our first coach june of 17.
our visit to atlanta area was before that...
i guessed 2 years... ago. i was wrong.

i couldn't remember when.... wife wasn't nearby to ask her!
she's making breakfast, so i asked. may 17? she guesses.
my time to shop was small.. after calling nirv, i called another dealer up I85 and went there...

being a new location, inventory could have been low.

i swapped emails after making my purchase of SOB with a boss ?name?
hmm.. i'll look.. bingo..
i found one of them still in my inbox... his name was tadd jenkins. i had posted something asking about c's and b+ and he had written me. told him my story of calling his store and learning "mostly storing for people" he was very curious as to who i'd talked to. i didn't remember..

but after the very positive emails i put him in my good dealer list for 5 year down the road prospects.
as it turned out. we wanted to trade to a larger mh within a year. i was leaning toward tiffin, but not getting the proper communication i was looking for from local dealers, and decided to check out newmars...
called nirv and got a guy named hopkins.
i wanted to go see some baystars, but they were sold out. we swapped some emails and phone calls. no BS. spoke very straight forward... the way i liked.. i've told hopkins i made a purchase and to put me on his "seldom" list for sending emails. he did...

i would definitely recommend nirv based on my experience...

bottom line of story. i stumbled onto sherman in ms salesperson carol koon,
and bought a tiffin. great deal and great process/pdi etc...and happy so far! so this posts includes 2 recommendations!
nirv for newmars
sherman for tiffins

rr
rockriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 08:13 AM   #33

Sherman has had a solid rep as a quality Tiffin dealer for some time.

Unfortunately, we learned about Sherman after buying from the dealer in Houston. Very disappointed with that decision.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 07:31 PM   #34

Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
We will be picking our 2013 Aspire up next week. We have owned it since new. Ours needed some body work and upholstery work after five years of full time use.. The folks at Atlanta NIRVC have been .most accommodating. Next will be Spartan.
Kuppajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 03:55 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Our coach arrived at NIRVC in Atlanta Tuesday before the holiday. So far I have had 2 phone calls, one from Angie, and one from the PDI manger informing me what the procedure will be and the time frame......fantastic communication! Scheduled pick up will be 7-23

My previous dealer called to say "your coach is ready" that was the first phone call we ever had. We arrived for delivery and the coach was still covered in road salt with the drive from Entegra in February. Enough said!

I haven't seen my coach yet or experienced the delivery, but it has got to be what everyone says about NIRVC just from the communications we have had so far. What a refreshing purchase experience so far.
Todd Springs was my go to guy in Dallas when he was there. Top notch, and does what he says he will do. I would think his crew will also. I bought in Dallas, but if I had it to do over again I would go to Atlanta and Atlanta is over 700 miles from me, Dallas 38. Stay at the dealership as long as you can, maybe making day trips out in the coach, but come back to the campground daily for all the incidental repairs/fixes. While at their campground you will be treated royally. Once you leave you go to the back of the line and just hope and pray you have a good service adviser/writer. NIRVC is a good organization but they do have organizational problems.
R. D. Vanderslice
2018 New Aire 3341
rdvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 05:55 AM   #36

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
What a Difference in Dealerships

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdvan View Post
Todd Springs was my go to guy in Dallas when he was there. Top notch, and does what he says he will do. I would think his crew will also. I bought in Dallas, but if I had it to do over again I would go to Atlanta and Atlanta is over 700 miles from me, Dallas 38. Stay at the dealership as long as you can, maybe making day trips out in the coach, but come back to the campground daily for all the incidental repairs/fixes. While at their campground you will be treated royally. Once you leave you go to the back of the line and just hope and pray you have a good service adviser/writer. NIRVC is a good organization but they do have organizational problems.
R. D. Vanderslice
2018 New Aire 3341
I am agreeing with R. D.; NIRVC is not a complete panacea for bad buying experiences. IMHO of course. I was there after placing a deposit on a coach, flew down and eventually walked away, which was THE right decision. Not sure when their 200 point inspection starts? I am certainly done paying and then we fix! They missed 199 points on the coach I was interested in. No sour grapes! I need to follow my own advice. Pick a brand, options, and go with a brand that offers factory delivery. Nuff said. But I am really interested in the "Brobox" buying experience. I also dealt wit LD.....never again. Hoping a great experience this time for him!!
Car1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 11:26 PM   #37

Chuck has posted about his great delivery of a thoroughly prepared coach in a new thread he started today. Sounds like he had atypical great NIRVC delivery . All JMHO
Old 07-26-2018, 05:53 AM   #38

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdvan View Post
R. D. Vanderslice
2018 New Aire 3341
Interesting. Looking to downsize our 43' Anthem, New Aire may be the only alternative since Entegra class C or 38' will still not get us into half the parks on our list. The Hershey show will really help. Only wish a 400HP was in it.
navychop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 04:51 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by navychop View Post
Interesting. Looking to downsize our 43' Anthem, New Aire may be the only alternative since Entegra class C or 38' will still not get us into half the parks on our list. The Hershey show will really help. Only wish a 400HP was in it.
Rich, a 400 Hp non DEF would be nice, but a 450 with DEF would be better than the 360 we run in the New Aires, obviously. I would have paid quite a bit more for the 450, but it probably has some fit problems, etc. I had a non
DEF Country Coach at one time and it would climb, but it also would heat up and on long climbs I would have to pull over to let it cool down. The 450 hp DEF model (same as the non DEF 400 hp but chipped differently) would basically climb sufficiently. The 360 HP in the New Aire is fine 99% of the time. It really struggles though at 65+ mph when passing and on the longer climbs. It’s not a concern, you just have to plan your climbs and passing. Now all of this doesn’t mean much because we are talking generalities, etc. and the toad weight has a lot to do with it. Off the line and at slower speeds (60 mph and below) the 360 is fine. It really comes off the line well for it’s weight and Hp. My best climber though in my many years of RVing and 5 class A’s (one gasser) was a CAT 350. 15 years ago the CAT would climb a wall and want more. I don’t worry about any of that though. I just pull over in the slow lane, put on the flashers, and chug up the longer mountain climbs even though I haven’t climbed a real mountain (10,000 ft plus) but that will happen in about three weeks in Colorado. The New Aire with the 360 is fine and one heck of a nice coach.
R. D. Vanderslice
2018 New Aire 3341
rdvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 05:20 AM   #40

i'm new to rv's --
i keep hearing about diesels being loaded with power and they just drively calmly up the mountains... no problem.
i'm i seeing a confession ??
just teasing! (and showing a bit of jealousy as i've got a gasser)
rockriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer