Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2019, 05:10 PM   #1

What are you averaging in repair bills

Thought I would see what others are averaging in repair bills on there entegra per year.. of course this pertains to us outa warranty..

Often it’s posted by people wondering if a after market ex’s tended warranty is worth it .. I have heard between 6 and 10 grand for a 5 year contract not including deductibles..

So my report thus far is ...
A pin hole Freon leak in my dash air conditioning hose
400.00 total labor and parts -fall 2017
1 driver side slide motor.. total bill 900.00 includes motor and labor -summer 2018
1 driver side slide topper fabric replaced 540.00 includes fabric and labor- fall 2018
1 passenger slide topper fabric replaced 540.00 includes
Fabric and labor - today 2019 ( the inspiration for this post)

That being said my 2014 anthem has been outa warranty now pretty much 3 years..

Happy to say these are the only repairs I have needed thus far.. ( of course this doesn’t include maintenance expense
Or personal upgrade mods)

I would say thus far I am money ahead then a warranty program... I still stick with being self insured...
Not to knock on wood. Ha...
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2019, 06:31 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
If you bought your 14 coach anytime in 2013, your five year warranty would be over so you wouldn't even be able to use the expense from today. I know there are folks that would not be without an extended warranty - we have good friends that just purchased another one when their first one timed out - but we are not convinced. Over the years with five coaches - four DP's - we have not spent enough on covered service to justify even buying one plan. Of course we only kept three of the five long enough to lose the factory warranty. But still not a believer. And I'm knocking on wood...
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 06:42 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
We had to replace the microwave last year. Wife bought top on the line $700 and I installed it

That’s it for us in a few years. 67,000 still going strong

Last year we went to Iowa to HWH and installed Active air which was money well spent $10,500

I recently purchased a device to increase my horsepower by 80 horses and it gave me 275 foot pounds extra torque. $2,350

That was not needed just wanted and it was money well spent. I walk right up the hills now and get better mileage

Nice thing is we never had an extended warranty and saved all that money
Old 01-28-2019, 06:54 PM   #4

I’m right in line with all of you and. My coach is a 2012 Aspire DEQ. Other than some minor aqua hot repairs and similar repairs like above (which I repaired ,ost myself) to above I think I’m ahead as well. Knocking hard on wood now!!!

My question and biggest concern is the Cummins engine. Does anyone know of an extended warranty just for the engine?

Thanks!!!
Old 01-29-2019, 05:10 AM   #5

Jeff, talk to Cummins. A few years ago they were offering extended warranties if you purchased prior to the expiration of the standard 5 year warranty.

I felt it was kinda spendy at the time and passed. I don’t know if that is still available today. I want to say it was in the $3000 range, but wouldn’t swear to it on a stack of bibles. If it does turn out to be that expensive, it would be worth considering a full bu,per to bumper extended warranty as I think the Coach Net Extended Warranty was only a couple of extra thousand on top of the Cummins premium.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 05:50 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Having the 14 for 5 years, I spend under $1,100. for a new dash AC. Split the cost to change out the Samsung with Entegra, $350. but a warranty company wound not have cover that either as it "passed" Samsung's test.

Replaced all clearance lights, for less than deductible would have been.

Shade motors were all DIY with parts supplied from Entegra

The cost of warranty type repairs was $1,100.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 10:35 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
I am coming up on 6 years next month. Only expense was a new AC compressor, $1400.

IMHO, the likelihood of Cummins repairs is very small. These engines routinely go many hundreds of thousands of miles on trucks with just routine service that would not be covered by warranty policies.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, repair