Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2022, 08:31 AM   #43

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyndance View Post
Don't understand the reason for the email to existing customers. And the new app is terrible. Don't hit the back button on an Android. Then for grins hit the forgot password link.
It took a couple of days before the App would accept my password. Tried to change the password, that screen would not let me type. Yesterday, signed in with no problem. I think there was a glitch on their end. The new app is much better in showing the stations in 150 mile radius.
As far as the email to existing customer.....I would never have thought to try to use my card for gas.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2022, 02:41 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine36 View Post
TSD is building back better, not to worry though.
It's only transitory.
Old 01-09-2022, 02:46 PM   #45

I don’t think I ever got any discount to write home about, I do like the convenience of paying at the pump

Zzotte
Old 01-09-2022, 02:55 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
OK, I just got off the phone with TSD and I think that I got the official story, and I got a straight answer to my fundamental question. I'm guessing that I got the straight story, although it does not make much sense to me.

In response to my question: Are we motorcoach owners getting the same discount as TSD's own trucks or other commercial truck companies? And the answer was: "Yes, our own commercial trucks in our fleet are getting the same discounts you are getting". Well, that is an important piece of information.

My more general question was, "why have the discounts changed?" and to that question, I was told the standard.... "well, the dealers are just not willing to discount as much now because the price is higher". I pointed out to my informant that made no sense .... If they could afford to give me 50 - 80 cents per gallon discount when the advertised price was $3.15 per gallon but now could not give me a 30 cent discount when the advertised price is lets say 4.25 a gallon, what accounts for that? .... my guess would be that it is simply a chance to make more profit by discounting less.

If everyone is being treated the same, then I have no complaints. I am happy to have the program and Dee and I could treat ourselves to a hand-full of very pricey meals for the money I have saved, so I am thankful for that.

Since no one has come up with a better answer, I guess that I have to believe what I now understand as truth.

Gary
The stations like almost every retailer in America are having their margins crushed by inflation. The contracts for discounts must have clauses in them hedging the potential of spikes in the wholesale pricing. Get used to it as the attack on American energy producers is just a year old.
Old 01-09-2022, 02:56 PM   #47

Tiffin Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
I am wondering if anyone has any current understanding of what is going on with diesel fuel prices from TSD and EFS? I have been traveling since December 29th primarily in NW Louisiana, Houston, and Dallas areas and I have had to fuel twice and I have really been surprised at the lousy discount prices I have been encountering using the TSD and EFS Open Road app. I have been getting little discount that is more than ~ 30 cents a gallon. This includes TA and Petro Flying-J stations. I completed 3 months on the road from August to early November and during that trip and really for the past year, I have become accustomed to 30 cent discounts from Loves, but 50 to 60 cent discounts at TA/Petro. However, for the past week or 20 days, I have encountered much smaller discounts.

I am heading home tomorrow after getting a new windshield installed and will need to take on roughly 100-120 gallons of fuel when fuel. So, I spent a little time to look at stations that I have patronized every 3 weeks for the past year as I have traveled frequently in these same areas because of medical needs. Here is the data from early today. These are prices from Greenwood LA which I filled my tank every 3 weeks for the past year. TA was always best, Loves was usually worst and Flying-J almost as bad. Today, Love's discount in that area is best ???

TA Gas Buddy $3.32 TSD price: $3.073 discount: 24 cents
Loves: $3.29 TSD price: $2.969 discount: 32 cents
Petro: $3.35 TSD price:$2.989 discount: 36 cents

At these stations for the past year, I have been getting average TSD discounts of 50 – 75 cents per gallon (my memory) which was often close to twice the discount of Loves or Flying J and roughly twice as large as currently.

Is this some kind of anomaly that I am seeing here in Texas and Louisiana or is this a general trend? Has something happened to our good TSD discount with TA/Petro? What is everyone else seeing where you are?

Gary
Gary,

I was asking that same question 6 months ago....

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/tsd-...gs-541619.html
Old 01-09-2022, 03:18 PM   #48

As a former service station owner I can tell you that when prices rise, retailers' margins shrink. That probably accounts for the shrinking discounts.
Old 01-09-2022, 03:25 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Man49 View Post
I have read thru the thread because we use the TSD card all the time. Mostly at TA/Petro because we receive the best net price. If you are going to comment about fuel prices please have the facts not just supposition. Then we can review and see if we should be concerned.

We will be traveling from California to Phoenix then to Texas. Here is what I found during our trip planning on fuel prices (Open Roads).

TA/Petro #15 Kingman AZ Pump Price 4.029 Discount Price 3.443
Loves #272 Kingman AZ 3.989 Pump Price Discount Price 3.709
TA/Petro #6 Casa Grande AZ Pump Price 3.999 Discount Price 3.153
Loves #265 Casa Grande AZ Pump Price 3.989 Discount Price 3.709
TA/Petro Las Cruces Pump Price 3.859 Discount Price 3.073
Loves #259 Las Cruces NM Pump Price 3.849 Discount Price 3.569

To say the Loves gives better pricing than TA/Petro is just not true. Yes there are regional truck stops like Road Ranger offer a few cents less than TA/Petro. Or you might get lucky and find a Maverik like we did in Holbrook AZ, that had a pump price of 3.599 and the TA/Petro was 3.619. We used our Costco card at Maverik which earned us another 4% discount.

Our trip planning software will show locations of the major truck stops and usually not the regionals. The majors are mostly located beside interstates which makes it very convenient. I don't intend to drive up some side road where there is a low overpass to save 7 cents.

There are the facts!

Uh, prices (and discounts) vary from state to state. We travel frequently up and down the east coast. If possible, we only buy fuel in VA, SC and sometimes Jacksonville or Palm Coast FL (the rest of the state seems wildly more expensive than those two areas). Georgia, NC, MD, PA & NY are all significantly higher and the discounts significantly less, double whammy.

I would think that price and discount for diesel would be wildly different in LA/TX and AZ. Last time I checked, AZ has no ports and no refineries.

YMMV
Old 01-09-2022, 04:45 PM   #50

Tiffin Owners Club
Today, Jan 9, diesel is $2.77 at Walmart in Tyler.

Access is OK for my Allegro Bus 43 feet plus a RAM 1500 toad.

With a 150 gallon tank I buy diesel all over the West without going into big box truck stops with their phone discounts from an artificial marked up price. Plus I can avoid the 10 and 20% bioicrap in my tanks.

Use GasBuddy and plan your stops.
Old 01-09-2022, 04:48 PM   #51

I didn't think Flying j was in the TSD program?
Old 01-09-2022, 04:57 PM   #52

I have said all along, those stations that honor TSD and other discount cards jack up their price because they offer the convenience for truckers and 40+ foot motor homes to get in and out.
Old 01-09-2022, 05:09 PM   #53

Diesel fuel

If I may suggest you consider using power service Cetane booster, it is a chemical
Additive you add to your fuel at time of fill up or or prior to running on a newly treated vehicle.

The one I use in both my rv and my diesel work truck comes in the silver bottle and take fed between $17.99 to $21 per 64 ounce bottle which treats 25o gallons of fuel.

I treat at every fill up and it has improved my mileage and time between fill ups noticeably so when I forget or run out of additive I notice how quickly I run out of fuel.

This product is endorsed by Cummins who
Might know a thing or to about diesels and their needs.

Additionally it cleans and lubricates injectors and fuel system components .
They also make an anti fuel gelling version in the white bottle fir all you northern Canadian snow birds that like to play in that cold white stuff, funny “eh”!

Hope it helps!
Old 01-09-2022, 05:41 PM   #54
Community Administrator

Multiple political posts have been removed. Please refrain from this style of posting as our Community Rules do not permit this.
Thanks
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Old 01-09-2022, 05:54 PM   #55

I'm hope to leave around the 20th from NE Wisconsin for Yuma. I hope to try out my TSD card on this trip. Up here the only participating stops are KwikTrip and they give 10˘ discount. If I use my BOA MasterCard I get 3% which anything over $3.44 less if I use my MC. I tried my TSD card on a short trip over to Eau Claire and the EFS app was wrong on the price, so beware of the app discount even though they have a disclaimer. I used to do best with Gasbuddy but now I may be towing and my 38F was tight at a couple stops so if I tow, the big truck stops are looking better.
Old 01-09-2022, 08:05 PM   #56

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
OK, I just got off the phone with TSD and I think that I got the official story, and I got a straight answer to my fundamental question. I'm guessing that I got the straight story, although it does not make much sense to me.

In response to my question: Are we motorcoach owners getting the same discount as TSD's own trucks or other commercial truck companies? And the answer was: "Yes, our own commercial trucks in our fleet are getting the same discounts you are getting". Well, that is an important piece of information.

My more general question was, "why have the discounts changed?" and to that question, I was told the standard.... "well, the dealers are just not willing to discount as much now because the price is higher". I pointed out to my informant that made no sense .... If they could afford to give me 50 - 80 cents per gallon discount when the advertised price was $3.15 per gallon but now could not give me a 30 cent discount when the advertised price is lets say 4.25 a gallon, what accounts for that? .... my guess would be that it is simply a chance to make more profit by discounting less.

If everyone is being treated the same, then I have no complaints. I am happy to have the program and Dee and I could treat ourselves to a hand-full of very pricey meals for the money I have saved, so I am thankful for that.

Since no one has come up with a better answer, I guess that I have to believe what I now understand as truth.

Gary
I use the TSD card for my trucking company and our Entegra. I sense your looking for a hand in the cookie jar. I have used this program for years and have promoted it to fellow Coach owners over the years. TSD does not control fuel prices and negotiates discounts based on volumes purchased. Each card holder ( truck or RV has a limit of 900 gallons daily. More purchases in gallons daily purchased generates more leverage to focus TSD card holders to certain fuel locations. It is a game of chess. Just enjoy what your getting IMO and be thankful. Alert fyi SAn Diego prices are around $4.85. When we leave they drop over to $3.79 in Yuma. It is what it is.
Closed Thread

Tags
diesel