Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-12-2022, 11:12 AM   #85

I dont patronize them..... its that simple.

I joined TSD about 18 months ago and had never patronized a Loves until maybe dearly December then Loves just happened, for reasons I have tried to understand, just happened to be the lowest.

As you say, I CAN BE BOUGHT and my loyalty to truck stops is as long as their cost to me is the lowest..... I have no allegiances. I have spent tens of thousands of dollars for diesel in my lifetime.....and if your price is not the lowest and there are other alternatives..... then its.... "Nice to know you..... but bye bye"

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2022, 03:25 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedobias View Post
Whrn I went to apply for the TSD card and saw they wanted all my bank info to debit I stopped. Dealing with major hacker/scammer activity on my 90 yr old father threw red flags all over TSD. Am I just being paranoid?
When you fill up, TSD gets the invoice and pays for your fuel and DEF out of their cash account. TSD then charges you via a direct debit of your bank account for the purchase plus a nominal fee to cover their costs of administration. I'm sure they have encountered more than one declined debit due to insufficient funds. One way of mitigating your risk is to open a separate bank account just for your TSD transactions and keeping just enough in the account for your travels. We've been using it for two years and never had a whiff of a problem.
Old 01-13-2022, 05:56 AM   #87

just a reminder for all of you that fuel at the truck lanes in arizona, espcially all the snowbirds that visit the state this time of year. if you fuel at the diesel truck lanes you will be paying the commercial diesel state tax rate of $.26/gal. rv's are by definition a non-commercial vehicle. so if you fuel a rv at a commercial diesel pump you can go into the attendant after you fuel and receive an $.08/gal cash rebate that will lower the state diesel tax to the non-commercial $.18/gal rate. there will be a silver sticker on the diesel pump that defines the tax rate ($.26 or .18/gal) for that pump and how to collect the rebate.

just a tidbit, a commercial vehicle found to be fueling at a non-commercial pump can be charged with tax evasion.
Old 01-13-2022, 07:38 AM   #88

Fuel prices = Govt Policies to Favor Electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
JMO: when I received my TSD card, diesel at my corner Speedway station was $1.98 a gallon. That same station today is $3.45. I don't think the spread is there currently for the large fuel card discounts.
[Mod Edit] Environmental Electric! Florida reg gas was $1.86 Dec 2020. In Dec 2021 it was (is) $3.21, a 70% increase! Talk about a financial effect - I operate a twin Cummins diesel boat @3/4 mpg as well as a pusher. [Mod Edit]
Old 01-13-2022, 07:45 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM427 View Post
[Mod Edit] Environmental Electric! Florida reg gas was $1.86 Dec 2020. In Dec 2021 it was (is) $3.21, a 70% increase! Talk about a financial effect - I operate a twin Cummins diesel boat @3/4 mpg as well as a pusher. [Mod Edit]
Do you happen to recall the fuel prices in 2018-19, before they went to $1.86?
Old 01-13-2022, 12:14 PM   #90

Spartan Chassis
Another post hijacked by the anti-TSD people. That argument has gone on in dozens of other post so go post there! Just because you believe something doesn't mean you have to change what's being asked. Are you that desperate for attention? The original question was what happened to the discount and everything other than answering that doesn't matter and is not relevant to this post!
Old 01-13-2022, 03:22 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Roy View Post
Another post hijacked by the anti-TSD people. That argument has gone on in dozens of other post so go post there! Just because you believe something doesn't mean you have to change what's being asked. Are you that desperate for attention? The original question was what happened to the discount and everything other than answering that doesn't matter and is not relevant to this post!
How is that relevant?
Old 01-13-2022, 08:40 PM   #92

We used our TSD card for the first time this week. Both times in Oregon. Both pathetic! A nickel per gallon on 62 gallons today! The only plus was faster fill rate!
Old 01-14-2022, 06:25 AM   #93

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99dart View Post
We used our TSD card for the first time this week. Both times in Oregon. Both pathetic! A nickel per gallon on 62 gallons today! The only plus was faster fill rate!
Just the other side of that coin. For years many of us paid Good Sam's $35. a year just for the 6 cent a gallon savings at Flying J. Along came the TSD card. Many of us dropped GS, so there was a $35. savings right there. Now there are more stations to choose from. Travel to the east coast and that discount increases in some state to 30 cents a gallon.....all for free, my favorite 4 letter word.

Going back to the OP, with the high fuel prices right now the discounts have not been as good as in the past. But we still have to remember the discount is free. The same discount with Good Sam's would have cost $35.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
Old 01-14-2022, 06:47 AM   #94
Community Moderator

We use the TSD card when it is possible. But the wife said there is a "RV fee and a processing fee which comes out to be about $2.00 each time". So, we get the discount, less the fees, which is still good deal for us.

But we just added the Escapees Discount card to our list. We have not used it yet, but plan on it when we restart our travels west next week.
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/4:10
2 Dachshunds DJ (RIP 9-12-19) & Joey (RIP 5-14-21)
Old 01-14-2022, 07:34 AM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99dart View Post
Where? we are heading to California in a couple days and usually fill up in Phoenix Or. In September we had a 60 cents a gallon savings. Not sure on the TDS contract but could be that the discount based on total purchases. With the current economy and driver shortage, maybe TDS total purchases have not hit the gate to receive the higher discount. We always look for the best prices but only along our route. Bottom line is we are in for these higher prices for a long time.
Old 01-14-2022, 08:38 AM   #96

Its also great not have to reset the CC at the 150.00 limit or change cards!!!!! Or go in and hand them my CC to fill up----I can hold 150 gallons. I will use TSD just for that even if I don't get a discount
Old 01-14-2022, 09:36 AM   #97

[moderator edit]

The original question was answered long ago, even though that answer may have been deemed unacceptable by some. TSD makes money by taking a percentage of the discount. The bigger the discount the more they make. Market forces have, apparently, motivated them to offer smaller discounts.

We’re all babbling at this point. And for those outside of the SE portion of the US, Costco, or something else, may be Plan B. I don’t consider discussing alternatives to the TSD plan to be irrelevant or off topic. However, I do understand that we all have different opinions.
Old 01-14-2022, 09:08 PM   #98
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
What happened to our TSD diesel discounts??

Thread warning!

If you all want to discuss Costco, take it to a separate thread. This one is about the TSD discount. Keep it on topic or move on. If you found your posts removed, you'll know why.
Closed Thread

Tags
diesel