Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-09-2022, 08:13 PM   #57

Whrn I went to apply for the TSD card and saw they wanted all my bank info to debit I stopped. Dealing with major hacker/scammer activity on my 90 yr old father threw red flags all over TSD. Am I just being paranoid?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2022, 08:30 PM   #58
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I've been with TSD for several years and never had a problem with them.
Old 01-09-2022, 08:35 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedobias View Post
Whrn I went to apply for the TSD card and saw they wanted all my bank info to debit I stopped. Dealing with major hacker/scammer activity on my 90 yr old father threw red flags all over TSD. Am I just being paranoid?
The best way to do it is to open a checking account which is only for fuel. Transfer money into it when you expect to use the card. That's what I and a lot of others have done. I get a report of my actual costs the next business day after purchase and it matches what they take from the account. With the checking account separate from my other accounts, there is no way I could loose more than in the account.

In order for TSD to be paid, they need the routing and account number. How many times have you given it to a creditor? Or do you make payments on credit cards direct from your bank? TSD is the same thing, only they withdraw the amount on a (business) day basis.
Old 01-09-2022, 08:38 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrikin View Post
Today, Jan 9, diesel is $2.77 at Walmart in Tyler.

Access is OK for my Allegro Bus 43 feet plus a RAM 1500 toad.

With a 150 gallon tank I buy diesel all over the West without going into big box truck stops with their phone discounts from an artificial marked up price. Plus I can avoid the 10 and 20% bioicrap in my tanks.

Use GasBuddy and plan your stops.
Hate to tell you this, but Walmart/Murphy gets their fuel from the same suppliers that the truck stops do. Every Walmart/Murphy I've fueled at have a percentage of biofuels.
Old 01-09-2022, 08:46 PM   #61

I did the same. I set up a debit account which TSD can debit from, and at another bank, I have an account that I can transfer money into the TSD debit account fairly quickly that is completely separate from the TSD account. I keep enough money in the debit account that I don't have to transfer money for each purchase, but even if it is hacked, they can't get to money that is more important and more isolated.

It has worked very well and I have had no problems.

I get an almost immediate charge on my EFS phone app which has all the information about the purchase but has not yet taken the money, and then several days later, the money is debited from my "diesel account".

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Old 01-09-2022, 09:32 PM   #62

Monaco Owners Club
Gary,
Thanks for your post. We are traveling from Utah to Florida in February. We have also just received our EFS card (have not used it yet) and was really interested in the discounts in the real world. If I am understanding the discussion, we may not get the savings we were hoping for.
My question is, can you know the discount of Love's, TA, Flying J and others prior to refueling so that you can make the best decision in using Gas Buddy. Any information from you or the forum would be great.
Thanks.
Old 01-09-2022, 11:21 PM   #63

Tiffin Owners Club
Be sure to check the Open Roads App each time.

I have only had my TSD-EFS card for a short time. I have only used it twice at different Love's. I got a decent discount the first time. At the second Love's I got no discount at all.

It's important to used the Open Roads app each time you stop. All Stations for a particular brand are not members or give discounts. The App would have told me that.

Regards,
Jerry
Old 01-10-2022, 06:35 AM   #64

Discount??

What are these discounts? I've never heard of them. All I have ever gotten is .03 cents per gallon through Good Sam. And, even then, not very often. How do I apply for these?
Old 01-10-2022, 06:38 AM   #65

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klieva View Post
What are these discounts? I've never heard of them. All I have ever gotten is .03 cents per gallon through Good Sam. And, even then, not very often. How do I apply for these?
https://www.tsdlogistics.com/services/fuel-program/
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
Old 01-10-2022, 06:51 AM   #66

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Although that link works, it will redirect you to their "new" website:

https://myopenroads.com/

Take care,
Stu
Old 01-10-2022, 07:25 AM   #67

Jus t a guess but, the discount is given to TSD from TSA, through bulk membership buying. If most of the member are motorhomes my guess would be that the amount of fuel members are buying right now has gone down so our discount as a group has gone down
Old 01-10-2022, 07:29 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzabc View Post
Hate to tell you this, but Walmart/Murphy gets their fuel from the same suppliers that the truck stops do. Every Walmart/Murphy I've fueled at have a percentage of biofuels.
What percentage? Any percentage below 6% does not require a label. Anything between 6%-20% requires a B-20, “Up to 20%” label. If the pump indicates #2 it may have a few percent blended in, but we’ll never know the percentage exactly.
Old 01-10-2022, 07:45 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrod View Post
Jus t a guess but, the discount is given to TSD from TSA, through bulk membership buying. If most of the member are motorhomes my guess would be that the amount of fuel members are buying right now has gone down so our discount as a group has gone down
Independent truckers use the same card as motorhomes. So independent truckers and motorhomes are getting the same discount.
Old 01-10-2022, 08:20 AM   #70

Well, I have learned quite a bit, I think, but not a lot of understanding.

For the fellow that is talking about not knowing, google TSD website and when there, click on a link for their fuel savings program. The program, up to now, has been only for diesel motorhomes.... not gassers. However, it appears that they are moving into gas also.

The discounts for t he past year have been considerable. Yes, truck stop prices are higher than the auto station right across the street, but until now, the savings off of truck stop prices have been at least as big as across the street or as much as double the discount making the TSD diesel price as much as 80 cents a gallon. In some areas, the difference is as much as a dollar a gallon. So if you are a diesel coach owner and have not signed up for TSD/EFS you definitely should..... lots of information on the Entegra forum and others on what this is all about.

My first post was that what I was used to as a great discount as I burn through 6.8-7.5 gallons of this stuff every mile and my fuel tank holds 150 gallons so I pay attention and my discount has been smaller recently and I was trying to get a handle on the "WHY" of the considerably smaller discount.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Closed Thread

Tags
diesel