RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2020, 11:04 AM   #1

What is the best way to sell my Entegra 44B?

Please help! I posted my coach for sale on RV Trader and on this forum and I get all kinds of calls from people who want to list it until it sells on other web sites for $$$. Does anyone know what is the fastest way to get an actual buyer and not a bunch of solicitors?

[Mod Edit]

Thanks
D.Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2020, 11:11 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
How long has it been on RV Trader? Did you do the bonus photo package? Is it in "Show Condition" in he photos like the dealers do? If all of the above answers are yes, it has normally taken me on the average of 2 weeks. Also put in the ad, "no solicitation" just above your phone number so there is not a problem when you tell them to read the ad. Also this is the slow season for MH sales unless you are in one of the snowbird areas. Good luck, the price is right it will sell.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 11:11 AM   #3

Put it at a good, reputable, high volume dealer and let their advertising and sales force do the work for you.... That is/ill be my escape hatch when ready to do something else. You already are probably priced right and would probably clear more profit on a consignment. JMO

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5Fi
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 11:15 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Looked on the classified, it is still showing as $220,000.
Old 01-28-2020, 11:23 AM   #5

How can I edit this ad? The main picture isn't even my coach.
D.Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 11:49 AM   #6

I'm guessing this request for help is also not on the right forum....

Try going to the advertisement section and comment there, or ask a moderator directly to help you with the change. Posting it here is pretty useless.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5Fi
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 01:00 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
I echo what Chuck said, with an emphasis on pricing it right. It looks high to me. I didnít get that for a 2014 Anthem I traded in 2017!
Nowabeachbum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 06:36 PM   #8

I look at anything I get over wholesale as a plus for me. I have only sold two, both in excellent condition with upgrades. I priced them about mid-way between wholesale and retail with the expectation that I would move down some.

In both cases I was able to move the coaches in reasonable time at a fair price. In both cases I believe mine was the best looking coach with nearly the lowest listing. Theses thangs ain't an investment. At least for me. But they sure are a nice way to travel.
Fergtiffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 09:30 AM   #9

classifieds only has one picture, needs more minimum shot of the interior to see the colors.

Not finding it on RV Trader, see a DLQ that looks like your and has the same milage
ransil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 11:32 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ransil View Post
classifieds only has one picture, needs more minimum shot of the interior to see the colors.

Not finding it on RV Trader, see a DLQ that looks like your and has the same milage

That is two of us with the same results. My guess is the potential buyers are having the same problem, no exposure.
Old 01-29-2020, 11:41 AM   #11
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
What edit would you like to make to your add other than adding pictures?
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 11:25 PM   #12

If you're selling private, you will probably have to undercut the dealers to get it sold. If you post it for 5% less than the average dealer price for the same year and model coach and are willing to take 7% less, you are likely to sell it fairly rapidly.

If you post it for the same price as the average dealer coach in the same model and year, you probably will not sell it. Dealers are way more convenient to do business with, simple as that.
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 07:51 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Spartan Chassis
Itís all about the price.

I sold my 17 DUtch Star on RV Trader last November in 11 days.

Sure, I got a bunch of calls right off the bat from dealers and other sites wanting to buy my coach at a deep discount or list it. I ignored all that, and after a few days those contacts dried up.

I received 12 real contacts over eleven days, 1200 views, and contact number 9 bought the coach on day 11 for cash.

At the start, I had to decide how to price it. Most sellers have a hard time coming to grips with the real value of their coach. They price it too high. RV Trader has some excellent search tools. I searched to see how many Dutch Stars were for sale. Newmar has built a lot of Dutch Stars. There were almost 400 on the site. Not helpful.

So I narrowed my search to DS units that were model 4018 and from 2015 to 2018. I left out the 2019ís since most of those were new units offered by dealers. Not really comparable. I got 14 hits.

I studied the 14 hits closely. They were priced from $259,900 to $319,000. Since Newmar allows lots of options and Specials, I understood the variation, but those folks up north of $300k were clearly dreaming. I already had a trade offer from my dealer (I had a new coach on order) for $208. NADA wholesale was $220. This is, IMO, normal. Most dealerís lowball trades. If you have a good number on your trade, you are paying too much for the new coach.

So I priced mine at $247,500. This made it the cheapest of all 15 DS 4018ís on the site, and it was among the nicest too. Sold in 11 days. Some of those other ones are still out there.

2017 Dutch Star 4018 - Sold - Towing Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
deaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 08:09 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by deaton View Post

I sold my 17 DUtch Star on RV Trader last November in 11 days.

Sure, I got a bunch of calls right off the bat from dealers and other sites wanting to buy my coach at a deep discount or list it. I ignored all that, and after a few days those contacts dried up.

I received 12 real contacts over eleven days, 1200 views, and contact number 9 bought the coach on day 11 for cash.

At the start, I had to decide how to price it. Most sellers have a hard time coming to grips with the real value of their coach. They price it too high. RV Trader has some excellent search tools. I searched to see how many Dutch Stars were for sale. Newmar has built a lot of Dutch Stars. There were almost 400 on the site. Not helpful.

So I narrowed my search to DS units that were model 4018 and from 2015 to 2018. I left out the 2019ís since most of those were new units offered by dealers. Not really comparable. I got 14 hits.

I studied the 14 hits closely. They were priced from $259,900 to $319,000. Since Newmar allows lots of options and Specials, I understood the variation, but those folks up north of $300k were clearly dreaming. I already had a trade offer from my dealer (I had a new coach on order) for $208. NADA wholesale was $220. This is, IMO, normal. Most dealerís lowball trades. If you have a good number on your trade, you are paying too much for the new coach.

So I priced mine at $247,500. This made it the cheapest of all 15 DS 4018ís on the site, and it was among the nicest too. Sold in 11 days. Some of those other ones are still out there.

Do this. It's not rocket science. Price, Price, Price.....
If you really want to stand out you could pay for the inspection and/or the fluid analysis.

2007 Monaco Diplomat 40 PDQ
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra, sell