Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-20-2020, 07:40 PM   #1

What would you change?

At the 2018 Quartzsite gathering (I wasn't able to attend 2019), Pat Carrol from Entegra held an owners session where he listened to us about changes we'd like to see. So just for fun, I thought maybe we could do that here too.
Assuming everything on your coach is working as designed, what would you change?
For me, it is the position of my steering wheel. Even tilted to its lowest setting, it is too high. At Spartan they told me that it is at the lowest setting and there was nothing they could do. At Entegra they measured it and compared it to other coaches, and said at the lowest setting it is 2" higher than other models. However when compared to another Insignia, it was the same. Everyone agrees it is too high but it is model specific, so not changeable. Anyway, if I could change something, that would be it.
GeezerViz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2020, 09:18 PM   #2

Boy. I will probably post a number of posts on this topic.

first, I would demand that the copilot seat manufacturing company design a chair that is designed for the “average” woman. My wife is 5’3” and her feet do not touch the floor on either my 15 Anthem or my 19 Cornerstone. She has to use a box under her feet to have something to rest her feet on. This is regardless of whether when built by Flexsteel or Villa. Since most women are in the 5’2” to 5’7” the chair needs to be more reasonable for women! Neither manufacturer does it right. The pilot chair is fine and comfortable for me.

My second thing is that I would demand that whoever sells them the theater seats design chairs that have seats that are appropriate for most people’s thighs while sitting (not too long) as the current seat cushions are too long which. Forces you to slouch while sitting in them. To have your knees dangle over the front of the edge of the seat section, you have to slouch. I am 5’9” and fairly average height and both Dee and I need to slouch while sitting. I was excited about them until I spent a week in them. And each chair should enable the leg rest risers and the back to operate separately. Now, there is only one control and if you want your feet up, you have to almost lay down.... frankly they were a big disappointment!

More later.......

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 09:23 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Option for a built-in 50 gallon salt water aquarium!

Just kidding.

Seriously, I'm pretty satisfied with my '18 Anthem and the offered options.

Take care,
Stu
Old 04-20-2020, 10:09 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeezerViz View Post
Assuming everything on your coach is working as designed, what would you change?
For me, it is the position of my steering wheel. Even tilted to its lowest setting, it is too high.
I can’t relate to that. I can lower my steering wheel until it touches my legs and couldn’t go any lower. I do keep my seat fairly high, maybe you should try that.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 10:26 PM   #5

#1 We have very comfortable coaches but I'm disappointed in the comfort of the drivers seats. These coaches should be as comfortable as commercial vehicles but with a better ride. I can buy a "throw away" company car for $30k with better lumbar and posture control seats. Apparently a MSRP of 400k isn't enough, you have to go to the 700k Cornerstone to get the heated and cooled seats that are pretty standard in a 30k car. AND at last years homecoming, I wasn't overly impressed with their top of the line seats.
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 11:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
I can’t relate to that. I can lower my steering wheel until it touches my legs and couldn’t go any lower. I do keep my seat fairly high, maybe you should try that.
My seat is as high as it goes (I'm 6'4, so that is normal for me) and I sit on an extra seat cushion, but the wheel is still too high. Makes my arms tired on long drives. I've tested other coaches where the wheel goes down to a good hight. Just not on my rig. I had to laugh when my selling dealer told me that I could have the steering column removed and lowered. Both Spartan and Entegra techs agreed it did not tilt far enough. I'll live with it.
GeezerViz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 12:10 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeezerViz View Post
Even tilted to its lowest setting, it is too high. At Spartan they told me that it is at the lowest setting and there was nothing they could do. At Entegra they measured it and compared it to other coaches, and said at the lowest setting it is 2" higher than other models. However when compared to another Insignia, it was the same. Everyone agrees it is too high but it is model specific, so not changeable. Anyway, if I could change something, that would be it.
My 2015 Aspire was the same way. I put the seat all the way forward, and raised as high as possible, and I still could not see the whole gauge set. This was the old Mountain Master chassis with the fixed front axle, which I believe is what is on the Insignia now. The K2 steering wheel on the Anthem can tilt more, and I have no trouble with it.

OTOH, on both the Aspire and the Anthem, the seat is not in line with the center of the steering wheel. Not great on a long day.
Old 04-21-2020, 04:59 AM   #8

I would add a entry shade button to the cluster just above the stairwell so I could open it when entering
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 05:09 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Apple and Android Auto. Hard to believe that is standard on any car today, but not on a first class Entegra. These are made to be driven, but don't have the features to make the drive easier and safer.

A toll window that could be used to pay tolls at all toll booths.

A Tire Pressure Monitor that worked as well as a $300. off the shelf unit and user programmable or include the programmer.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 06:49 AM   #10

An option for NO Vega Touch system ! Until then we'll be keeping our 16 for a very long time.

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 07:16 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
I would want the valley between the dining side slide (driver side in ours) and center floor somehow removed. It wouldn't be a problem for us with a booth type dining table, but with chairs, the leg(s) keep sliding into the valley.

The half bath door in our Aspire doesn't open too far with the slides in. When traveling, my stomach makes it difficult to use the half bath and squeeze through the door. A door similar to the one Newmar uses on their half bath would make it nicer.

KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 07:24 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Ditto on the uncomfortable captain's chairs and the driver's chair not aligning with the steering wheel. The driver's seat is the least appealing thing on my coach. I have added denser foam and an adjustable lumbar to it, but it is still marginal in the comfort department. I can't think of anything that would be more important to me than addressing this issue.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 08:20 AM   #13

My wife really dislikes the wood valences around the two windows in the main bedroom. She is banging either her hands or her head on her valences throughout the night. I would take it one step further. If the coach was designed for me, I would have them not install the two bedroom windows (and I really kick myself for not asking Entegra to "forget" to install those windows when they build my coach)!! . We don't use them and they serve no purpose at all. That would also cure her problem with the wood valences.

Now, I know there are some people that apparently sleep with their pillow located window open supposedly for a breeze to pass through. Our experience with that is that it appears that 80% of all young guys who own a pick-up truck have installed what we used to call "glass packs" (e.g., incredibly loud mufflers that are way beyond the loudness that is necessary but appear cool to males under 35 year of age), or Harley riders that are even worse, that are coming and going all night in most RV parks these days and the breeze is "trumped" by excessive and sleep-disturbing vehicle noise at all hours of the night. My vote.... get rid of the windows and turn the ceiling fan or AC "on".

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 09:06 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Has anyone noticed how much of their windows are covered by shades when they are up? You lose sometimes 4” or more of your window to the shade install. Entegra has always had the complaint that it is a little dark in their coaches. The shades are installed as a cassette and screwed onto the rounded sides of the window frame which means they cover the top portion of the window. All they would have to do is mount it higher(just above the window) and the amount of natural light that is gained is surprising! I did it and was amazed! It was so much brighter in the coach. Do that to all the windows particularly in the living area and it’s like adding an extra window. Unfortunately I couldn’t leave it there because then the sides of the valances would not extend far enough down to cover the window frames.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote