Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-31-2016, 02:27 PM   #1

What's Under the Aqua Hot Hood!

To those of you with experience under the 450D hood, you see anything I should be concerned with? All wire connections appear solid. All is dry. I'll probably upgrade hose clamps. Thanks.

Mark & Dee
2016 Anthem 44BClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1265.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	350.8 KB
ID:	147905
MxChief66-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-31-2016, 02:51 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
The good news is you have the new round Buhler motors. Nice to know they were updated on the 2016's. I have never heard of one of those spring clamps leaking, they are low PSI lines at 7 PSI. The clamps on the pump motor on the other side of the AH are the ones that need to be changed. They come off the engine at a higher PSI. Hopefully your 2016 already has the upgraded clamps, but it doesn't hurt to check.

If you want to beef up those clamps, slide the back without removing them then add a screw clamp. That way no fluid will be lost. I did that to pump #4 on the back side when I did the clamp upgrade.

I see that your hose going from the coolant tank to the AH unit is discoloring already. That hose gets stiff from the heat of the fluid, cracks and starts to leak, usually under the clamps. That should be changed on your first annual service with a better quality hose, per the AH tech that changed my motors. I replaced mine with this sold at Lowe's by the foot. https://www.lowes.com/pd/B-K-5-8-in-...ing/1000115999
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 06:23 PM   #3

I duct taped a shower drain screen (from Lowes) over the air inlet to keep the mud daubers out.
Tall Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 06:30 PM   #4

Yep, you got the new Buehler pumps.... what are we looking for?

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 07:08 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
The good news is you have the new round Buhler motors. Nice to know they were updated on the 2016's. I have never heard of one of those spring clamps leaking, they are low PSI lines at 7 PSI. The clamps on the pump motor on the other side of the AH are the ones that need to be changed. They come off the engine at a higher PSI. Hopefully your 2016 already has the upgraded clamps, but it doesn't hurt to check.

If you want to beef up those clamps, slide the back without removing them then add a screw clamp. That way no fluid will be lost. I did that to pump #4 on the back side when I did the clamp upgrade.

I see that your hose going from the coolant tank to the AH unit is discoloring already. That hose gets stiff from the heat of the fluid, cracks and starts to leak, usually under the clamps. That should be changed on your first annual service with a better quality hose, per the AH tech that changed my motors. I replaced mine with this sold at Lowe's by the foot. https://www.lowes.com/pd/B-K-5-8-in-...ing/1000115999

Chuck.

I'll ensure I have the upgraded clamps on back side.

I do hope the Buehler pumps hold up. I guess if I do have to replace one it shouldn't be to painful.

It was interesting that the hose was this color during PDI. I will definitely be upgrading to the braided hose at first annual.

Thanks for taking a look.
Old 12-31-2016, 07:13 PM   #6

What's Under the Aqua Hot Hood!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Tex View Post
I duct taped a shower drain screen (from Lowes) over the air inlet to keep the mud daubers out.

Great point Larry! I could see all kinds of nasty insects taking up residency there. Appreciate you taking time to point that out.
Old 12-31-2016, 07:16 PM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
My early 2016 Aspire built in May 2015 and delivered in June had 108 pumps which began to fail shortly afterwards. Good to see they were upgraded.
FMCA 212171
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 06:41 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshAir View Post
My early 2016 Aspire built in May 2015 and delivered in June had 108 pumps which began to fail shortly afterwards. Good to see they were upgraded.
Mine came with the Buehler pumps, and the stir pump has been replaced.

I hope it was just a fluke failure.
Tall Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 07:06 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post

I see that your hose going from the coolant surge tank to the AH unit is discoloring already. That hose gets stiff from the heat of the fluid, cracks and starts to leak, usually under the clamps. That should be changed on your first annual service with a better quality hose, per the AH tech that changed my motors. I replaced mine with this sold at Lowe's by the foot. https://www.lowes.com/pd/B-K-5-8-in-...ing/1000115999
Chuck's recommendation is right on!

The coolant surge tank hose on my older AH had cracked a few times right at the connection point and clamp next to the main tank radiator cap. If you don't catch that right away your main tank will lose fluid and you won't realize it.

I solved the problem by installing a section of actual opaque coolant rated hose for the first half length of the hose and then used a clear hose for the balance to the surge tank. This allows me to still view the action of the Hot/Cold coolant flowing back and forth. The clear can easily be replaced now that it is easier to get to and I do that every few years.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Aqua-Hot Bay.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	147949  
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote