Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2017, 12:23 PM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
I looked at the California M Ron Glass the other day at the truck shop. They really had a nice selection of polishing tools. However after using the Meguiar's 21, I don't know how anything can be easier or work as well. Washed my pickup again yesterday after 2 weeks of solid rain. Any wax would have been gone by now, the Meguiar's 21 is still beading like the day it was put on.

However after using the wheel polish, Calf Custom product are hard to beat.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2017, 12:39 PM   #30

This is what we use in the detail shop at the store for wheels and glass with water spots

Old 06-25-2017, 01:19 PM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Mark, nice job, thanks for the before and after results. Did you find the process easier? I am not dreading the thought of tackling my wheels anymore since the water stains come off so easy now.
It is still work. Just not easy to get around the lugs, etc. I did remove the cover and lug trim covers - just wish I could take the wheels off. I did cut some carpet squares, and applying step 1 is fairly simple, and step 2 is the work.

I went back today and tried the purple step with the drill, and I still think rubbing by hand yields a better result. I still have some work to do on a few wheels that have stains that are difficult. They still look great.

Best to tackle this early in the cool morning, and do about 2 wheels per day if you are staying put a few days. I spent the most time on the wheel in the picture, and it looks the best. I'm headed out Friday, and will be in Ruidoso for 4 nights, so I plan to work on a few while there.
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 04:05 PM   #32

Entegra Owners Club
$29 and change on eBay. My 2015 front wheels are awful. Mother's spray cleaned the tires, but nothing else. Got the Maguire's 21 and did my car and toad, best they have looked since new. Used 6" DA polisher from eBay. So much easier than by hand. Great tips!
navychop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 04:29 PM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
Wow! Used the extra 4" of my replacement AC filter material to apply green and let dry. Then another pad for purple with slight rub and paper towels to remove. I did not remember the front wheels with a mirror finish. I know now.
Old 06-28-2017, 04:32 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by navychop View Post
Wow! Used the extra 4" of my replacement AC filter material to apply green and let dry. Then another pad for purple with slight rub and paper towels to remove. I did not remember the front wheels with a mirror finish. I know now.
Better living through chemistry. Sounds like the motto of my teenage years.

Also a good opportunity to check the oil level in the Stemco hubs while you have the hubcaps off.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 04:35 PM   #35

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgguy View Post
Better living through chemistry. Sounds like the motto of my teenage years.
Sounded like a flea market fake demo. I am shocked how easy it is. Now if you could only rub on and power wash off I would really be impressed. So I did the top part of the other wheel and took the spray gun on a hose. 90% of gunk removed and a light paper towel did the trick. One more test on the same spot, save a ton of towels getting black gunk off and faster. First front took 45 minutes with brand new look. Second front with green, purple, hose off and 5 paper towels- 95% better, but only took 10-15 minutes.
Old 06-28-2017, 08:19 PM   #36

Entegra Owners Club
Rich, are you saying you were able to wash most of the black polish residue off with a garden hose and a high pressure nozzle?
Old 06-28-2017, 08:29 PM   #37
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I usually rinse any left over black residue with water, most people don't realize if you do a final polish with clean water it prevents water spots from rain.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 08:33 PM   #38

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
I usually rinse any left over black residue with water, most people don't realize if you do a final polish with clean water it prevents water spots from rain.
What also really gives a great final shine is wiping the wheels down with corn starch. Also protects from water spotting. Learned that from the same trucker that told me about the Green Step 1.

Nice to know about the water as well.
Old 06-28-2017, 08:33 PM   #39

Subscribe
Old 06-28-2017, 08:36 PM   #40
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
What really gives a final shine is wiping the wheels down with corn starch. Also protects from water spotting. Learned that from the same trucker that told me about the Green Step 1.

I'll have to give that a try, you can never have too many ways to polish these things.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 08:39 PM   #41

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Rich, are you saying you were able to wash most of the black polish residue off with a garden hose and a high pressure nozzle?
Just a cheapo pistol hose end. Dries quickly enough to just use for paper towels. Need to try pressure washer 😀 One third the effort, 95% results. Navy management principle, give the hardest job to the laziest guy to figure out the easiest way to do it. USN-retired.
Old 06-28-2017, 08:54 PM   #42

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwoodofd View Post
It is still work. Just not easy to get around the lugs, etc. I did remove the cover and lug trim covers - just wish I could take the wheels off. I did cut some carpet squares, and applying step 1 is fairly simple, and step 2 is the work.

I went back today and tried the purple step with the drill, and I still think rubbing by hand yields a better result. I still have some work to do on a few wheels that have stains that are difficult. They still look great.
Mark, While was at Palm Truck Center getting the ball joints done, I walked around in the store. They had some small soft cotton polishing balls that were for around the lug nuts. They looked like they will work great. Wouldn't you know it, when the MH was finished, I forgot to pick one up. I will pick one up at one of the truck chrome shops on the road this summer. The Mothers balls fall apart in the FL heat so I quit buying them.

I use a DART wheel detailing kit and it does a good job getting around the lug nuts. However, they don't make those anymore and I am having to recover my polishing pad with lambs wool.