Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-12-2018, 06:43 AM   #1

Wheel simulator removal

2018 Entegra Esteem wheel simulator question. No one seems to have an answer on the proper method to remove them. Can't find lug notch, and Im leery of trying anything else. Trying to avoid the dealer.
Superstock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2018, 07:09 AM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The "Lug wrench" that came with my RV was .. Well the best use for it is a recycleing plant (JUNK YARD)..

I have a proper sizxe wrench socket, O'Rilleys, Auto Zone, Discount Auto, I suspect Lowe's, Home Depot, Sears, and a host of others have the right size wrench

An extension and a half inch ratchet or breaker reaker bar.

Now Simulators come off in one of two ways

Some the nut that holds them has a push on, pull off chrome cap. Pull it off and remove

Others the chrome cap is "Attachefd" and on those you are going to have to figure out which two are the magic nuts, the good news is they are 180 degrees from each other (Across the wheel) once you find 'em I suggedt a color dot on the nut.

( will not give you the nut size because I've orked on two RV's. Differenty sies.
Old 03-12-2018, 08:19 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Entergra's have polished aluminum wheels, no simulators. If you are referring to the Spartan hub cover, there is a spanner wrench for the covers in the "bag of books".
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 09:44 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Entergra's have polished aluminum wheels, no simulators. If you are referring to the Spartan hub cover, there is a spanner wrench for the covers in the "bag of books".
Chuck,

It’s an Esteem, class c. Their not all luxury coaches any more.
Tall Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 10:10 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Tex View Post
Chuck,

It’s an Esteem, class c. Their not all luxury coaches any more.
How quickly we forget that Entegra has brought the class C's into the market place. Now I have to remember not to post to class C questions too. I don't think I'll ever get use to Entegra Class C's.
Old 03-12-2018, 12:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstock1 View Post
2018 Entegra Esteem wheel simulator question. No one seems to have an answer on the proper method to remove them. Can't find lug notch, and Im leery of trying anything else. Trying to avoid the dealer.
So Soon? Why? Surely a phone call to them couldn't be too painful, maybe.

Sorry, but I can't help much with your simulator question. Try looking for two "nuts" that look slightly different than the rest. Sometimes there is just a "dimple" acting so as to hold on the ones that pull off.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 12:18 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Some really know how to welcome a new member with his first post and a brand new Coach.......
Anyway welcome to the fourm!
Old 03-12-2018, 12:23 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
Some really know how to welcome a new member with his first post and a brand new Coach.......
Anyway welcome to the fourm!
Sure didn't mean it that way. Sorry if it came across that way. Just not use to a class C on the Entegra forum. My mistake.
Old 03-12-2018, 01:41 PM   #9

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Sure didn't mean it that way. Sorry if it came across that way. Just not use to a class C on the Entegra forum. My mistake.
Chuck,

You have nothing to be sorry for. As for scolding by others - it's uncalled for.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 01:48 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Blue View Post
Chuck,

You have nothing to be sorry for. As for scolding by others - it's uncalled for.
It was a observation not a scolding Bill....there is a difference.....
Didn't figure the new Bunch would be welcomed....
by some.....
Old 03-12-2018, 02:04 PM   #11

Quote:
by some.....
The class C motor homes I think will be welcome here, but they'll have different issues to contend with since they're built different and have completely different types of systems.

In the past when answering questions, we'd have to know what floor plan or model. Now we'll also have to inquire about the type.

This forum is full of great people all willing to help and share experiences
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 02:09 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave&ginny View Post
The class C motor homes I think will be welcome here, but they'll have different issues to contend with since they're built different and have completely different types of systems.

In the past when answering questions, we'd have to know what floor plan or model. Now we'll also have to inquire about the type.

This forum is full of great people all willing to help and share experiences
Understood Dave......and I understand just what happened to Chuck....I have done it a lot myself trying to help other's......thanks!
One more Thank's to you Dave......I spent the afternoon researching/looking at Foretravel's......
Old 03-12-2018, 02:16 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
by some.....
More then welcome any time. However having a signature with line with Class C will stop all of us, me especially, a lot of embarrassment. I believe that is the first class C to post on this forum.

To benefit the OP and not to sound snobbish, the Jayco Class C forum will probably be able to answer question much better than most of us here.
Old 03-12-2018, 02:20 PM   #14

Quote:
More then welcome any time. However having a signature with line with Class C will stop all of us, me especially, a lot of embarrassment. I believe that is the first class C to post on this forum.

To benefit the OP and not to sound snobbish, the Jayco Class C forum will probably be able to answer question much better than most of us here.

Don't worry Chuck, you're not snobbish. Old and grumpy maybe but not snobbish
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
removal