Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2018, 03:45 PM   #15

We all have our own opinion about tire covers. My thinking is that I just don’t find virtually any tire covers pleasant to look at on a coach, because square, rectangular, or any black surface just doesn’t fit with the normal looks of a coach. The only ones I like visually are the pricey ones from MagnaShade company that are shown above as they match the normal look of the coach.

Ive got a set of covers but I don’t use them. I use 303 which is a protectant developed in the aviation industry which sprays on the tires, blocks uV rays, and is not destructive to the rubber in the tires. Does the same job without changing the “looks” of the coach. And, if your coach is not sitting for 9 months a year in the same spot in Florida or Arizona, or never moves at all, your tires will “age out” long before they will degrade from uV rays. And they are a pain in the butt to put on and take off for short stops while touring or traveling. JMHO.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2018, 03:35 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
With all due respect, I can’t understand adding tire covers. On one of my tire manufacturers, I think it was Bridgestone, actually recommended against using them unless you park it long term.
Johnontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 06:43 AM   #17

As I ponder this more........I am tending to agree with going without......just more stuff to do and pack........the thing with us is although we have our spot in AZ.....we will be folding up camp once in awhile or more......just to go "away" for a week or two or more.....and that is what the tires really need to keep the rubber conditioners live in the tire. Give me a brand name of that 303.......I think you sold me on saving the $$$ for Wild Turkey instead..........gobble gobble......

Mitch
Hdmod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 06:59 AM   #18

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hdmod View Post
As I ponder this more........I am tending to agree with going without......just more stuff to do and pack........the thing with us is although we have our spot in AZ.....we will be folding up camp once in awhile or more......just to go "away" for a week or two or more.....and that is what the tires really need to keep the rubber conditioners live in the tire. Give me a brand name of that 303.......I think you sold me on saving the $$$ for Wild Turkey instead..........gobble gobble......
Here's the Amazon link to 303 in all sizes. Buy a spray bottle and a gallon refill.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 08:02 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Blue View Post
Here's the Amazon link to 303 in all sizes. Buy a spray bottle and a gallon refill.

Thanks Man.........!!!!!!!

Mitch
Hdmod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 08:38 AM   #20

x2 what Gary said for me.
rogelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 01:24 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Blue View Post

Two or 3 swipes on your wiper blades stops the chattering on the down ward stroke. Once or twice a year I really saturate the wiper blades.
2020 Chevy Tahoe, etrailer XHD 10500 tow bar, Demco SMI AirForce 1.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 04:51 PM   #22

The reason I use covers is not to save the tires but to keep water, leaves, and grass clippings from building up in the rears.
Old 04-09-2018, 05:11 PM   #23

Dan

Never thought of using 303 on my wipers. Thanks for the great hint

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 05:31 PM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger G View Post
The reason I use covers is not to save the tires but to keep water, leaves, and grass clippings from building up in the rears.
I keep an 18v Ryobi leaf blower that keeps the wheels blown out along with the patio and steps clean. One of the most used tools I carry.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 05:41 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger G View Post
Sorta ditto. I do like keeping the sun off the rubber, but mostly I like keeping the water from pooling in the center grove of the wheel, and then evaporating, leaving behind a small sediment residue. It's not that hard to instal and remove them, and they do keep the wheels and tires shaded, clean and dry. I use the Elements Gray Bus Tire Covers, which I got from (pitoui) camping world. (Gack, gerp, I think I just threw up in my mouth.)
TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover