Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-01-2013, 02:46 PM   #1

When will my coach be built?

It is supposed to be at MHSRV on 7-24-13. Just wondered when it would hit the factory and how long it takes to go all the way through then paint and how long to get it driven down to Texas? I'm sure some of you know this.

I watched a Youtube video on the Newmar factory. Wish there was one like this for the Entegra.

JJ
ShadowBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2013, 03:06 PM   #2

The chassis likely started down the line before June 1. It should be over to Precision for painting by now (they usually need about 3 weeks), then it will have to come back for final assembly (window and patio awnings etc) then on to final inspection, detail and to the delivery lot. The delivery company is notified, they get a few days to pick it up then a few days in transit, it all adds up. Bottom line, start getting excited, lately some coaches have been delivering early, so get ready to enjoy the good life! STAY on the MHS lot until you have checked it all out and have EVERYTHING on your punch list fixed. At ANY dealers lot, it will be much easier to get them to work on it before you accept delivery, just a fact of life. They all are way more interested in selling coaches than working on them.
Old 07-01-2013, 03:30 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
The chassis likely started down the line before June 1. It should be over to Precision for painting by now (they usually need about 3 weeks), then it will have to come back for final assembly (window and patio awnings etc) then on to final inspection, detail and to the delivery lot. The delivery company is notified, they get a few days to pick it up then a few days in transit, it all adds up. Bottom line, start getting excited, lately some coaches have been delivering early, so get ready to enjoy the good life! STAY on the MHS lot until you have checked it all out and have EVERYTHING on your punch list fixed. At ANY dealers lot, it will be much easier to get them to work on it before you accept delivery, just a fact of life. They all are way more interested in selling coaches than working on them.

I know you are right about this (the staying on the lot) but we are not retired. We are both 55 and still running a business everyday. They are about 2.5 hours from where we live. Driving back and forth down the under construction I-35 is not fun but I don't know what else to do. MHSRV has grown so much. In the past they have done a great job of taking care of us (all used coaches). They have grown a ton since then but I trust Donnie to take care of us. We have bought and sold four units through them and Donnie even got Fleetwood to pay for a popped windshield that was out of warranty way back in 2002. First time we bought there they only sold used units and there were only four people working in the front office. Things have changed. They sold 14 units last Sat! A few Fridays ago they sold four Entegra Coaches (one of them a Cornerstone) not including the one we put a deposit on the next day. I don't see how the service could have kept up with the growth......but I don't read a lot of negative feedback on them. I do see some but when you figure the number of units they sell..... Since this our first brand new coach (and I hope for the next ten years) I am worried about service. Taking the RV and a car up three or four times to get things fixed is not what I want to do.

JJ
Old 07-01-2013, 03:46 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
I bought my '11 Entegra from MHSRV and never went back for service. We have been utilzing local RV repair facilities, as well as 2 trips back to Middlebury.
One thing for sure, based on my experience and all the comments on this site about new coach problems, you're going to be putting it in somewhere for service. The more do-hickies you got, the more service adjustments you're probably going to need....until you finally de-bug it.
mccsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:10 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
It is supposed to be at MHSRV on 7-24-13. Just wondered when it would hit the factory and how long it takes to go all the way through then paint and how long to get it driven down to Texas? I'm sure some of you know this.

I watched a Youtube video on the Newmar factory. Wish there was one like this for the Entegra.

JJ
The timeline for your new coach is almost exactly the same as ours. They started production on our Anthem on June 3rd (right on schedule) and it has been at Precision Paint for over a week now. We were PROMISED by Dave at Entegra that it would be delivered to our dealer by July 24th to 26th. We are scheduled to pick it up on August 1st. We are also anxiously waiting and counting down the days.
DianneS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:18 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
It is really tough when that itch is the center of your back; it's almost time though and time will fly this last 30 days.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:43 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Unfortunately, for whatever reason, I called today and was told Precision is closed for the week. Vacation??!?
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:15 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
Unfortunately, for whatever reason, I called today and was told Precision is closed for the week. Vacation??!?
I assume they took that into account when they came up with the 7-24-13 date.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:17 PM   #9

Not really in a hurry. Can't get to Ouray before late August or early Sept.

JJ
Old 07-08-2013, 09:25 AM   #10

Quote:

JJ
Looks like the factory is ahead of schedule right now. Our Anthem is on the same schedule as yours and ours has been returned from Precision and is now in the final stages of prep for delivery. It is currently sitting in the new building which is now in use. Only a few weeks to go!!!
Old 07-08-2013, 11:15 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
Looks like the factory is ahead of schedule right now. Our Anthem is on the same schedule as yours and ours has been returned from Precision and is now in the final stages of prep for delivery. It is currently sitting in the new building which is now in use. Only a few weeks to go!!!
If you don't mind me asking where are you getting this info? I hate to call the dealer all the time and bug them about it. I bought a new 2006 Corvette (special order from the factory) and I got a number from a friend that worked for GM that I could call anytime and find out where the unit was as many times as I wanted. It was meant for dealers and was all automated. It was fun knowing where it was at all times.

JJ
Old 07-08-2013, 12:38 PM   #12

Quote:
If you don't mind me asking where are you getting this info? I hate to call the dealer all the time and bug them about it. I bought a new 2006 Corvette (special order from the factory) and I got a number from a friend that worked for GM that I could call anytime and find out where the unit was as many times as I wanted. It was meant for dealers and was all automated. It was fun knowing where it was at all times.

JJ
We have a contact person at Entegra who we have personally met (while doing the factory tour). He has been absolutely amazing at keeping us posted as to the progress of our coach and answering any of our questions. We also have not wanted to bug our dealer but at the same time we really want to be updated as to progress so that we can finalize our travel plans and firm up some dates. We were so excited to hear that our coach was returned from Precision because that means it is close be being delivered. We are hoping to take our first trip on August 1st.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:50 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:

JJ
When you call in ask for Heather Wirth. She can pull it up on the computer and tell you what stage it is in. When we took delivery 6/3 from the dealer, it was two weeks early. Our dealer was 350 miles away.

2014 Anthem RBQ Ebony Blaze
50sbuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:24 PM   #14

Well we did not get lucky. I'm told our unit will be in by the end of the month. No reason to expect it earlier. 7-24-13 is the current date so it sounds like it could be a week late.

Jerry