Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-24-2022, 09:13 PM   #1

Where are the aquahot fans wired to the zones?

2020 Anthem 44F. Anyone know how the heat register fans are wired? Do they all go to the aquahot reporter in the AH bay? I’ve read they’re wired in series by zone and in another manual they all go back to the AH bay. I had read behind the G6A panel in midship bath, but i cant find them unless theyare plugged into the panel itself. Need to know the location of where they are wired to which zone.

I’m having no issues keeping warm at 8 degrees, but i’ve noticed my registers are wired to wrong zones. The bedroom ONLY turns on the register under the kitchen dishwasher. The living is the front register at dash, the bed, the bath, and the rear closet. I’ve confirmed which registers fans are on which zones and which tstats call which zones via the AH reporter testing/Diag functions.

The problem is the rear of coach is heating based on a tstat at the front and kitchen is heating off the bedroom tstat so coach is heating unevenly. Floor heat and bay are fine.

I want to rewire fans on the registers to front dash and dishwasher to be living area. Seperately bed, bath, and closet to be bedroom. I assume Entegra got pumping right, but not fan wiring.

Before i jump in on a cold day i thought i’d see if someone knew here first if all registers fan wires go to AH bay?
blindguynar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-25-2022, 08:17 AM   #2

In my Reatta XL the AH register fans are wired to be controlled via the Vegatouch and are wired in and out on my G9 panel. So from the AH main board to the Vegatouch G9 panel then out to the registers. In the bigger brother coaches I assume it would be the same, just a matter of finding the correct VT control board.
jeff.herren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2022, 08:48 AM   #3

They are either at the G9 or the reporter. Have you reached out to Entegra tech support? They can
Send you a print for the wiring.
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2022, 09:07 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Dowdle View Post
They are either at the G9 or the reporter. Have you reached out to Entegra tech support? They can
Send you a print for the wiring.
I figured they would be on vacation for Christmas so I thought I’d call and a couple days if I hadn’t figured it out
Old 12-25-2022, 09:08 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff.herren View Post
In my Reatta XL the AH register fans are wired to be controlled via the Vegatouch and are wired in and out on my G9 panel. So from the AH main board to the Vegatouch G9 panel then out to the registers. In the bigger brother coaches I assume it would be the same, just a matter of finding the correct VT control board.

I’ll check G9
Old 12-25-2022, 06:15 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
The Reporter Manual (see page 7) shows the zone fans wired to the reporter which makes the most sense.

The Reporter can communicate to the Gx via the RV-C CAN network, so the Vegatouch most likely sends commands over the network to the Reporter and the Reporter reports status back to the Vegatouch. But I doubt the physical connection to the zone fans is at the Gx. Then again stranger things have been done by Firefly.

So IMO your problem is most likely either a miswire at the Reporter, or bad programing at the Vegatouch.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2022, 07:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltdoc View Post
The Reporter Manual (see page 7) shows the zone fans wired to the reporter which makes the most sense.

The Reporter can communicate to the Gx via the RV-C CAN network, so the Vegatouch most likely sends commands over the network to the Reporter and the Reporter reports status back to the Vegatouch. But I doubt the physical connection to the zone fans is at the Gx. Then again stranger things have been done by Firefly.

So IMO your problem is most likely either a miswire at the Reporter, or bad programing at the Vegatouch.
I read the same in the reporter manual. However when i looked there i didn’t see a bunch of connections. It was cold though so i didn’t look real hard. I think the other panel is in the basement. It makes sense to me that Entegra would wire the single fan zone outputs from the AH to a distribution block for the other fans for the zone. Fingers crossed for that actually.

Hoping tomorrow to explore more after we drive to our next stop. I will report the final location and root cause resolution.
Old 12-26-2022, 12:04 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindguynar View Post
I read the same in the reporter manual. However when i looked there i didn’t see a bunch of connections. It was cold though so i didn’t look real hard. I think the other panel is in the basement. It makes sense to me that Entegra would wire the single fan zone outputs from the AH to a distribution block for the other fans for the zone. Fingers crossed for that actually.

Hoping tomorrow to explore more after we drive to our next stop. I will report the final location and root cause resolution.
Hopefully that's the case but I wouldn't be surprised if they are just crimped. I have seen them use Wago connectors in some cases, which would make things easier. In any case if you follow the harness coming off J7 on the back of the reporter it should lead you to where you need to go.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2022, 04:59 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Rob may have been correct suggesting Firefly. Lately I have had a lot of communications with them regarding the battery chagrining issue that has been incorrect for possibly 2 years. In their attempts to correct the issue they were putting out updates with slides that were controlled on opposite sides of the coach, awnings that had no control, etc. If one of the updates for your model had heating fans the were opposite of what they should be, would sound like previous Firefly programming trying to write code for the correct battery charging voltage.. Just My Experience. BTW the programing and updates were going on in Aug and Sept.of this year. Here is the very long post where those issues were experienced by others and reported. https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/rea...590328-15.html
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2022, 08:38 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Rob may have been correct suggesting Firefly. Lately I have had a lot of communications with them regarding the battery chagrining issue that has been incorrect for possibly 2 years. In their attempts to correct the issue they were putting out updates with slides that were controlled on opposite sides of the coach, awnings that had no control, etc. If one of the updates for your model had heating fans the were opposite of what they should be, would sound like previous Firefly programming trying to write code for the correct battery charging voltage.. Just My Experience. BTW the programing and updates were going on in Aug and Sept.of this year. Here is the very long post where those issues were experienced by others and reported. https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/rea...590328-15.html
I was at firefly in June for some fixes. They told me to never install updates unless it was by their direction to fix a specific issue. Most updates are for newer coaches and they don’t have time to test them on older coaches. They pretty much said “if it ain’t broke don’t try to fix it!”
Old 12-27-2022, 05:39 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindguynar View Post
I was at firefly in June for some fixes. They told me to never install updates unless it was by their direction to fix a specific issue. Most updates are for newer coaches and they don’t have time to test them on older coaches. They pretty much said “if it ain’t broke don’t try to fix it!
Have you had this problem since day one? Just offering a suggestion of what it might be, My 21 coach, and many others, came with improper charging from Firefly since the day it was new. That error from the factory cost myself and a few others $3,100 for earlier end of life batteries. If you had your coach at Firefly in June for fixes, this "could" be one they missed, or caused. It happened to myself and many others when the slides were backwards trying to fix the battery charging issue. Just something to think about. Hope you find the problem.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquahot, fan