Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-03-2014, 12:04 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Chuck, when I took delivery I had Lazydays weigh all six wheel positions. Minor charge for this and well worth the money while you are there.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2014, 12:56 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Most large (FMCA/Good Sam) rallies will have an outfit doing 4 corner weighing.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:41 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Chuck, when I took delivery I had Lazydays weigh all six wheel positions. Minor charge for this and well worth the money while you are there.
Nice to know, I will put that on my LD list if we get through all of this. Only problem, I would need to do that after I am fully loaded, but it would be a good reason to stop by.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:27 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Nice to know, I will put that on my LD list if we get through all of this. Only problem, I would need to do that after I am fully loaded, but it would be a good reason to stop by.
It was the last thing we did on Saturday before we left. They had it on the list to do and we didn't have to press very hard. They work on Saturdays - or were then - and while they wanted to get home, they also wanted us to not be there on Monday!!
Old 03-04-2014, 03:51 AM   #19

Ok,ok,ok
I will go to Livingston and have all six points weighed and do the right thing with the inflation. I will post what the weights are for anyone with same yr make model,and floor plan. I will pull the Michelin #s and start the process and post the update.

Thanks for encouraging me to do it the right way
Ahall
Ahall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:10 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
For some roads, I don't think any handling system is going to be completely effective...I'm thinking Indiana and I10 west of New Orleans. Yuck!
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:46 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by adonh View Post
the problem with weighing all four corners is finding a place that provides 4 corner weighing. The Cat scales in the Houston area do not.
Run out to Livingston and have a 4 corner weigh done. If in AZ, you can get it in Congress. SmartWeigh_Default
2012 Honda CRV, Blue Ox Avail, AF1
tnrzryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:46 PM   #22

Alan, I will take the Cornerstone off your hands in an even trade for a 2014 Anthem that rides great. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:51 PM   #23

Alan, I will do what Noel will do ---PLUS $1.00
iquailhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:05 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by iquailhunter View Post
Alan, I will do what Noel will do ---PLUS $1.00
Ah Chuck, now you started a bidding war. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:32 PM   #25

Oh,common guys. Only a dollar, let me try it out first. I'll start with air pressure and then will talk, NEVER SAY NEVER
Old 03-05-2014, 10:33 PM   #26

Alan,
The place in Livingston is the Escapee club that does the weights for you. Their number is (936) 327-2870---YOU HAVE TO HAVE AN APPOINTMENT --try to go a little early because getting back to where they are located is sort of tricky and they do not allow you much grace period on your appointment time. They are really nice people (all volunteers). If you go online and become a member of their club there is a discount for the weigh in. Once that is done and you use the Michelin tables I would bet that your ride is much better. I have had mine done twice, the second time was after I had my ride height adjusted at the Spartan shop over off 610 loop.

One more thing, believe it or not the tire pressure tables had my drive axle at 75 lbs. ---when I did all my calculations I sent them to Cruiser just to see if he thought they were right along with my weights. They were correct, but he said that the minimum on any of the tires (recommended by Spartan, I think) is 85 lbs. because at such a low pressure there is a chance of the seal of the tire and wheel being knocked loose on chug holes or curbs (not that any of us RV'ers would ever hit a curb) :bang head

Anyway, hope this helps--I live in Magnolia, you must be in the greater Houston area so when ever you decide to take my offer instead of Noel's you know I will be close
iquailhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:43 AM   #27

Thanks for the help, I will call this week and see what the schedule is. I will post the results for all, and thanks again for your generous offer.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:03 PM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by iquailhunter View Post
Alan,
The place in Livingston is the Escapee club that does the weights for you. Their number is (936) 327-2870---YOU HAVE TO HAVE AN APPOINTMENT --try to go a little early because getting back to where they are located is sort of tricky and they do not allow you much grace period on your appointment time. They are really nice people (all volunteers). If you go online and become a member of their club there is a discount for the weigh in. Once that is done and you use the Michelin tables I would bet that your ride is much better. I have had mine done twice, the second time was after I had my ride height adjusted at the Spartan shop over off 610 loop.

One more thing, believe it or not the tire pressure tables had my drive axle at 75 lbs. ---when I did all my calculations I sent them to Cruiser just to see if he thought they were right along with my weights. They were correct, but he said that the minimum on any of the tires (recommended by Spartan, I think) is 85 lbs. because at such a low pressure there is a chance of the seal of the tire and wheel being knocked loose on chug holes or curbs (not that any of us RV'ers would ever hit a curb) :bang head

Anyway, hope this helps--I live in Magnolia, you must be in the greater Houston area so when ever you decide to take my offer instead of Noel's you know I will be close
Using the Michelin tire pressure tables, my weights indicated a drive and tag axle pressure of 75. I use 85 on both axles for the reasons stated. I think 85 will probably be a good drive and tag axle pressure for all Anthems and Aspires, because they will calculate to need less than that. The tricky part is the steer axle, which on mine indicates just over 120 lbs. I use 125 pounds.

The other issue is side to side loading. I was pleased that my side-to side load differential for the Steer, Drive, and Tag axles was 100, 10, and 310 pounds, indicating excellent side to side balance. Anything less than 500 is great, and up to 800 or 1000 probably acceptable. You should always inflate all tires on the same axle position to the highest pressure indicated by the highest weight measured on that axle. In other words, regardless of weight measurement don't run 120 lbs on one side and 115 on the other, run both sides at the higher number.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote