Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-07-2014, 12:43 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
For some roads, I don't think any handling system is going to be completely effective...I'm thinking Indiana and I10 west of New Orleans. Yuck!
I 10 west of nola yyyuuuuukkkkkkkkkk
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2014, 05:22 AM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
After I-10 it will need a front end alignment and that is even after slowing to 50 MPH. We tried taking taking hwy 190 around it last time but it wasn't much better when it turned to hwy 12.

I think the next time I run I-10 I will drop the tire pressure at least 5 PSI and re-inflate in Beaumont
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:45 PM   #31

Got it weighed and problem may be solved, looks like way to much air in tires. It seems that Mhsrv uses the tire pressure label in the coach. The escapee location in Livingston Texas was able to weigh each wheel and axle so that I could use the Michelin inflation chart. The front steering axle was as follows.

Steering axle. Lh 8600. Rh 8400. 365/70/r22.5. Psi 105. Was 120

Drive axle. Lh 8500. Rh 9100. 315/80/r22.5. Psi 90. Was 110

Tag axle. Lh 5500. Rh 5500. 315/80/r22.5. Psi. 90. Was 110

I have adjusted all the pressures down, haven't had a chance to go for a drive yet, I expect this will make a noticeable change ( I hope)
Ahall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:11 AM   #32

Entegra Owners Club
Alan, 15 and 20 PSI is going to make a world of difference. I have already packed my tire gauge for the trip home. I will check the tire pressure when I pick the MH up and the tires are still cold, then hit the first CAT scale I see. I will be empty coming home from Middelbury, but no sense getting beat to death for 1,300 miles. Thanks for that report.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:07 AM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
Chuck, I suggest you ask Entegra to do a 6-point weighing for you, which will be much more useful than a Cat scale can give you. I got these weights at Lazydays and then again at Spartan, so I know exactly what my travel weights are on each axle, each side. Be sure to weigh with full fuel and water. Best to do it with coach fully loaded (I did), but if you can't, you could weigh your stuff as you load it and assign locations to each weight on paper, which will require some math but should give a good approximation of loaded weights
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:46 AM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Chuck, I suggest you ask Entegra to do a 6-point weighing for you, which will be much more useful than a Cat scale can give you. I got these weights at Lazydays and then again at Spartan, so I know exactly what my travel weights are on each axle, each side. Be sure to weigh with full fuel and water. Best to do it with coach fully loaded (I did), but if you can't, you could weigh your stuff as you load it and assign locations to each weight on paper, which will require some math but should give a good approximation of loaded weights
Good idea Marc about asking Spartan to weigh the MH. It is going there in a day or two, thanks. I always weigh four corners after buying a coach and loading it. After that I use the "free" Florida Weigh Station Scales where I get on 1-75 when we leave town each year. 95% of the time I am still rignt on with my 4 corner weight, but I have adjusted 5 PSI for leaving a little heavier than normal.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:36 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Good idea Marc about asking Spartan to weigh the MH. It is going there in a day or two, thanks. I always weigh four corners after buying a coach and loading it. After that I use the "free" Florida Weigh Station Scales where I get on 1-75 when we leave town each year. 95% of the time I am still rignt on with my 4 corner weight, but I have adjusted 5 PSI for leaving a little heavier than normal.
Good time to get that side to side weight... had my Cornerstone done at Middlebury then had to make the trip to Spartan for a ride height adjustment because there was 1400 lbs difference on the front.
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:47 AM   #36

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
That is courting tire failure. Rising pressure when temperatures rise is factored into the inflation tables. That is why the tire pressures should always be adjusted when cold.

Under-inflation is a major cause of blowouts. Over-inflation is safe. For safety, I routinely inflate my tires a few pounds over so they will not be under-inflated if a few pounds leaks out.
I think that it's important to define "Cold". Setting the pressure at 40 Deg F cold will yield quite different results than setting it at 75 Deg F cold.

Cold means no heat from driving the vehicle, but it is defined at a certain temperature. Do the manufactures specify what temperature they mean by "Cold" and do they have a correction factor for varying ambient conditions?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tricotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:48 AM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullheaded View Post
Good time to get that side to side weight... had my Cornerstone done at Middlebury then had to make the trip to Spartan for a ride height adjustment because there was 1400 lbs difference on the front.
I've had no luck finding a location to get this done. Is there someplace available around the country that can do this?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-15-2014, 11:51 AM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyreno View Post
I 10 west of nola yyyuuuuukkkkkkkkkk
You should try I-90 East of Chicago...all the way to Boston. It's awful.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-15-2014, 11:54 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricotec View Post
I've had no luck finding a location to get this done. Is there someplace available around the country that can do this?
You might want to check with Monaco coach repair in Coburg OR to see if they have a scale still, also Country Coach Repair and Marathon are all in Coburg. The scales designed for RV's weigh each wheel independently.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:57 AM   #40

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Try these folks. They may be coming to a place near you.
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 03:53 PM   #41

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
I emailed Entegra today and it had already been done with fuel calculations on my coach. I will weigh it again when we get it loaded. Thanks for the suggestion about checking with Entegra.
LF – 7225
RF – 7320
LR – 6880
RR – 6670
LT – 4580
RT – 5050
Total - 37725
Old 04-15-2014, 04:05 PM   #42

Quote:
I think that it's important to define "Cold". Setting the pressure at 40 Deg F cold will yield quite different results than setting it at 75 Deg F cold.

Cold means no heat from driving the vehicle, but it is defined at a certain temperature. Do the manufactures specify what temperature they mean by "Cold" and do they have a correction factor for varying ambient conditions?
I asked Goodyear tech support that same question and was told that cold means not driving the vehicle for more than one mile. They do not base there calculations on ambient temp.
Indy1951 is offline   Reply With Quote