Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2017, 10:53 AM   #1

While crawling Under Coach

I was crawling around under my coach, doing some maintenance, and looked up and saw something I wasn't expecting. I found my P-Trap for my shower. The cover that was suppose to keep this from being exposed was missing. I looked closer and only noticed one screw hole that most likely was used to hold the cover on. I ended up going to Lowes to purchase a piece of sheet metal and have since fixed it.

So, if you go under and crawl around, do look up and round everything....Ya never know what you'll find.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1577.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	199.5 KB
ID:	156892   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1582.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	200.4 KB
ID:	156893  

Name:	DSCN1578.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	156894  
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2017, 11:00 AM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Did you put some insulation in around the P-trap while you were at it?
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 11:48 AM   #3

Thought about it, but I didn't. Since I'm a fulltimer you really can't buy a small amount of fiberglass insulation. At least that I know of.

So I cut a piece of sheet metal to size, then put some caulk around the edges, squished it up so that the caulking came out on the edges. After that I took some undercoating and covered everything. I was able to put 4 or 5 sheet rock screws into the wood before I covered everything up. Looked good and solid when done.
Old 04-02-2017, 01:20 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
If it's easy to access you might want to drill a quarter-inch hole and buy a can of spray foam and fill that void for added insulation factor.
Old 04-02-2017, 01:36 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
If you ever want to do any work like re & re the P trap, I wouldn't use the spray foam! Maybe stop by some new housing construction site and ask if they have any left-over fiberglass insulation.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 03:46 PM   #6

All good suggestions, but the reason why I posted this was for other owners to crawl around and look to see if you see anything out of order. The P-Trap opening is definitely not right and if left open would/could create a lot of issues. Rodents could get in, driving in the rain would cause problems and the list could go on....
Old 04-02-2017, 03:59 PM   #7

I have bought small quantities of fiberglass insulation at Home Depot. I would imagine Lowes would have it also, but I don't know.

You are absolutely correct about looking around while under the RV, and also that anything can be found. I do that too. Glad you found the hole before it became a real problem.

Steve
dix39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 04:15 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Paul, good heads up!! It does pay to look under the MH especially a new one (just my experience) for things that may not have been finished "before lunch". I still lube my coach once a year just to look at everything. I also carry a pocket full of wire tie while under there....I normally use half of them tightening things up that come loose from road vibrations.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 04:25 PM   #9

Well Chuck, that's how I found the opening....While greasing the chassis.

I too carry ties while under the coach and have tied up wires, hoses, and anything that is hanging. In about a week I've got a mobile mechanic coming to our site in Kerrville Texas to drop the engine oil/filter, fuel filters, and perform a lube on the chassis. You can bet I'll have my work clothes on crawling under the coach to make sure he hits every single grease zerk.
Old 04-03-2017, 06:33 AM   #10

Thanks for the heads up Paul. I'll be back under there this week to check it out.
MxChief66-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 10:13 AM   #11

A rookie question. How to you crawl underneath? Do you have air bags down so the coach is safe and a low as possible? Is so do I have to have a 32" waist to fit?
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 10:40 AM   #12

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck53 View Post
A rookie question. How to you crawl underneath? Do you have air bags down so the coach is safe and a low as possible? Is so do I have to have a 32" waist to fit?
On our coach I fab'd 10 2"x2" steel box tubing 11" long.
I Raise the coach (air ride) & place one between each air bag upper & lower support, then lower the coach down onto them, gives me more room to work underneath & no worries about getting squished.
This works for our Foretravel but I see no real reason that it would not work for other brands, just would have to study the suspension and find the correct places to put the safety stands.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	11- steel block.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	157020  
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 05:15 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck53 View Post
Most won't admit it...but many use the jacks. Let the flames a jack police begin.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 05:21 PM   #14

I use the jacks and have done so on my last coach. Gives me plenty of room to move around under the coach. No...the waist has grown over the years and the 32" waist went out in the 80's.