Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2019, 06:30 AM   #1

Whirlpool Microwave Replacement

I couldn’t find the previous posts on this. I’m look8ng to replace our microwave with a new and hopefully better one but I want to be sure the vent lines up with existing hardware. Does anyone have first hand info in this?
2013 Harley RG on a HydraLift
Mike&Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2019, 08:19 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike&Chris View Post
I couldn’t find the previous posts on this. I’m look8ng to replace our microwave with a new and hopefully better one but I want to be sure the vent lines up with existing hardware. Does anyone have first hand info in this?
I have replaced two in Entegras with the GE Advantium PSA9120sfss and had no problem with the vent. You’ll just have to change the vent fan on new convection/ microwave from top outlet to back outlet, but that’s easy to do and has instructions.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 09:10 AM   #3

I think you will find vents are somewhat standard. They all, at least the dozen or so I have dealt with the vents all come out center top. The only issue you may have is the mount plate. Due to mfg differences the mount plates are never the same.
Old 11-20-2019, 09:20 AM   #4

Vent position is standard, but as others said, wall mounting plates are not. Chances are if you get another Whirlpool it will fit the existing wall plate BUT measure the height of the microwave at the back, then count the number of tabs on the bottom. Some Whirlpools have 4 tabs, some have 2. Try to buy one the same height with the same number of tabs, but if not mounting a new plate isn't hard. The top bolt holes may or may not align with the new one.
tap4154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 09:27 AM   #5
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
I just replaced my Sharp Carousel with a Whirlpool microwave/convection oven. The sharp was a 1.4 cu ft and I replaced it with a 1.9 cu ft. I did the 1.9 cu ft as that was the only size in convection oven in stock at the store. Not knowing the height for sure I was surprised the 1.9 was 2" taller than the 1.4. This probably wouldn't be an issue in most rigs but the ceramic back splash below the oven stuck out just enough to prevent the bottom mounting bracket from mounting correctly. The ceramic is 1/2" thick so I had to mount a piece of 1/2" plywood behind the oven so the bottom mounting bracket could be installed. Just a FYI in case your rig is similar. Lowes had this oven that is usually $619 on an extended Veteran's Day sale for $449.
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 06:08 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
I have replaced two in Entegras with the GE Advantium PSA9120sfss and had no problem with the vent. You’ll just have to change the vent fan on new convection/ microwave from top outlet to back outlet, but that’s easy to do and has instructions.
X2 in regard to the Advantium replacing a Samsung. FYI there is not a tight seal from the oven to the vent. I taped the gaps on mine with foil tape. The mounting brackets and hardware are also entirely different from the Samsung.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 03:28 PM   #7

Thanks guys.
2013 Harley RG on a HydraLift
Mike&Chris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, microwave, replace, replacement