Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-08-2022, 07:55 AM   #1

Whirlpool Spin Cycle

so after going over the washer , IE drain , drain pump etc...

I sat and watch the washer during it spin cycle. it seems to skip the high speed spin cycle , which is leaving the clothes wet. I did the 4x cancel to reset the washer, i did a washer clean cycle, unplugged the unit , make sure the door is locked and closed properly..etc... any one know a work around ? haven't been able to find anything. This just started couple weeks ago as its been working great till now.
ECVB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2022, 09:09 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECVB View Post
so after going over the washer , IE drain , drain pump etc...

I sat and watch the washer during it spin cycle. it seems to skip the high speed spin cycle , which is leaving the clothes wet. I did the 4x cancel to reset the washer, i did a washer clean cycle, unplugged the unit , make sure the door is locked and closed properly..etc... any one know a work around ? haven't been able to find anything. This just started couple weeks ago as its been working great till now.
If the cloths are too heavy it won't reach the high speed setting. Also try it on NORMAL setting for wash and see if that helps when it gets to it's spin cycle.
Dutchstar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 09:28 AM   #3

tried everything already

I even ran the diagnotics and no error comes back ..

during the quick test mode

.. the drum spins at high speed but during wash cycles it doesn't

we don't over load the washer and even with a few items testing it all night i did several loads and nothing seem to make it spin fast, during the cleaning cycle it spins fast and during testing mode..

so not sure what the issue is .. Control Unit ? 300 to 400 dollars if so then why bother ?

I trolled a few forums on this issue and found this job aid ,, if anyone is interested in all the components for the whirlpool , diagnostic testing and component access washer

https://www.dropbox.com/s/beb2lkj0n5...asher.pdf?dl=0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchstar411 View Post
If the cloths are too heavy it won't reach the high speed setting. Also try it on NORMAL setting for wash and see if that helps when it gets to it's spin cycle.
Old 03-09-2022, 06:56 AM   #4

I just had this same issue while in Florida. I could not get it to fast spin unless I ran the diagnostic mode. I have a feeling its related to how well the coach is leveled. I re-leveled the coach down there and it seemed to do a little better and I could get two or three loads to spin correctly then it would fail again. I just came back to HHI and its running fine here. I've run about 10 loads through it and its not failed yet. I've got an appointment at NIRVC to replace both the washer an dryer with Splendide ones in two weeks and I'm wondering if I should just keep running this set for a while longer.
Magic-carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 07:52 AM   #5

I am thinking the same , do i get new ones , coach is 7 years old or get new ones. I figure we will be in this coach probably 2 or 3 more years. I guess i will play it by ear as it was fine the last 3 years up until now where now it does it every load where it wont spin fast leaving clothes wet.. I will see how it does this year , the coach is level and was thinking the same , but as of now .. no dirty clothes to wash since i ran out of clothes messing with the washer lol. DW was like a happy camper ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic-carpet View Post
I just had this same issue while in Florida. I could not get it to fast spin unless I ran the diagnostic mode. I have a feeling its related to how well the coach is leveled. I re-leveled the coach down there and it seemed to do a little better and I could get two or three loads to spin correctly then it would fail again. I just came back to HHI and its running fine here. I've run about 10 loads through it and its not failed yet. I've got an appointment at NIRVC to replace both the washer an dryer with Splendide ones in two weeks and I'm wondering if I should just keep running this set for a while longer.