RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-06-2020, 08:28 PM   #1

Whirlpool washer F06- motor brushes

New motor brushes saved the day.

This has been covered several years ago but is still pertinent info:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/whir...de-332022.html

Thanks to instructions from Don "757Driver" I was able to take the top and front of the washer apart without pulling the washer out of the cabinet. Did not even have to remove the heavy cement counterweight inside the washer.

As in previous case one brush was worn out completely and the other was still 75% good! No explanation for the uneven wear.

The brushes are only available from vendors in Great Britain. Arrived in two weeks. Fairly simple install once the washer is apart.

Don't she purr now... Thanks Don!

Regards,
Al Cline
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2020, 08:44 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Nice update Al, I still enjoy hearing about the Classics. I still have Don's original post bookmarked.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 01:10 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jestal View Post

Thanks to instructions from Don "757Driver" I was able to take the top and front of the washer apart without pulling the washer out of the cabinet. Did not even have to remove the heavy cement counterweight inside the washer.

As in previous case one brush was worn out completely and the other was still 75% good! No explanation for the uneven wear.

The brushes are only available from vendors in Great Britain. Arrived in two weeks. Fairly simple install once the washer is apart.

Regards,
Al Cline
Al,

Glad it all worked out. My bet is the right side brush was the one completely worn out. You will be good to go for a few years before it wears out again.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 08:39 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757driver View Post
Al,

Glad it all worked out. My bet is the right side brush was the one completely worn out. You will be good to go for a few years before it wears out again.
It was the right side brush looking in from the front!

Unfortunately the miserable POS purred through 3 loads flawlessly and then failed again with an F03 code!! It will not even start a cycle, now. Once you hold the start button down it will wait about 20 seconds then start flashing the red "door lock" light.

I tried a reset by pressing the button 4 times, powering down, etc. Still will not run. I will probably tear it apart again with the vague hope that one of the new brushes stuck or something like that. Seems really unusual given the old brushes asymmetrical wear and degree of wear and the way it worked perfectly with the new ones.

Is there another reset procedure or any other ideas??
Old 01-08-2020, 06:29 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
I like Rollin101 mod the best...call Lowe's for delivery of the newer model and "free" installation.
Here is the old reset for the Classics if you haven tried that yet. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/rese...22-348663.html
Old 01-08-2020, 01:16 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
It was the right side brush looking in from the front!

Unfortunately the miserable POS purred through 3 loads flawlessly and then failed again with an F03 code!! It will not even start a cycle, now. Once you hold the start button down it will wait about 20 seconds then start flashing the red "door lock" light.

I tried a reset by pressing the button 4 times, powering down, etc. Still will not run. I will probably tear it apart again with the vague hope that one of the new brushes stuck or something like that. Seems really unusual given the old brushes asymmetrical wear and degree of wear and the way it worked perfectly with the new ones.

Oh nooooo!!!

Old 01-11-2020, 09:09 AM   #7

another dead player

After WAY too many hours of disassembly and diagnosing the WFC7500VW Whirlpool washer is officially a dead player.

I suspect the main control board but not willing to spend 500 on a control board that "might" be the problem. The new brushes still looked great and no other problem areas noted other than a possible poor connector at the main circuit board for the "tahyometer" circuit per the docs from Great Britain. So....I hard wired and soldered the tachyometer leads at both ends and bypassed the wiring harness. After all, the F03 does indicate a bad tach signal. To no avail. Powering up the washer filled itself with water ran nicely for awhile, set code A30 and refused to drain itself no matter how I manipulated the diagnostics. Now it is totally random in what it does when plugged in so more to suspect the main controller.

I'm in the market for a WFW5090JW so sounds like Lowes is the next stop. Hope it fits as the depth of the cabinet in our RBQ leaves very little clearance to the doors. Getting the miserable POS out with water still in it is going to be fun I'm sure
Old 01-11-2020, 09:40 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Sorry to hear that Al. Request the strongest guys from Lowe's Wish I knew of a way to hot wire the pump to at least get it to drain. Any chance a shop vac on the drain hose would pull the water past the pump?
Old 01-11-2020, 11:47 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
After WAY too many hours of disassembly and diagnosing the WFC7500VW Whirlpool washer is officially a dead player.

I suspect the main control board but not willing to spend 500 on a control board that "might" be the problem. The new brushes still looked great and no other problem areas noted other than a possible poor connector at the main circuit board for the "tahyometer" circuit per the docs from Great Britain. So....I hard wired and soldered the tachyometer leads at both ends and bypassed the wiring harness. After all, the F03 does indicate a bad tach signal. To no avail. Powering up the washer filled itself with water ran nicely for awhile, set code A30 and refused to drain itself no matter how I manipulated the diagnostics. Now it is totally random in what it does when plugged in so more to suspect the main controller.

I'm in the market for a WFW5090JW so sounds like Lowes is the next stop. Hope it fits as the depth of the cabinet in our RBQ leaves very little clearance to the doors. Getting the miserable POS out with water still in it is going to be fun I'm sure
Al,

After all that work it is disappointing to hear of the bad news.

Old 01-11-2020, 09:10 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757driver View Post
Al,

After all that work it is disappointing to hear of the bad news.
What I find so disappointing is the disposable design of this type of unit. We actually liked the washer and felt it always performed very well. Simple parts that cannot be diagnosed separately or serviced individually are frustrating. Sells more washers I guess. Just a shame there is so much good equipment sitting there useless because of one small imperfection. Just went thru the same washer /dryer BS in the S&B abode last summer. I get to our Florida winter lot that has a washer/dryer on site in our little maintenance "shed" and spend two days diagnosing and chasing parts for the dryer. Then the washer in the coach takes a dump. I am not real big on appliances right now...Ö..
Old 11-17-2020, 11:06 PM   #11

Quote:

Regards,

Al Cline

Hey Al, our washer (2016 Anthem) threw an F06 this afternoon. I tried resetting breaker, running empty load, etc.
Do you have a link for the company you bought the brushes from? Sounds like Iíll need to place an order as well.
Thanks!
patallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 11:53 PM   #12

I did not keep any of the info since I ended up replacing the unit with a Splendide washer. My lucky day at the time as Camping World had the unit on sale and in stock.

No guarantee but I believe the brushes are here:

https://www.amazon.com/Carbon-Brushe...QK5YAHJGE2X2R8

You may want to remove the old brushes first to compare. I found the manual on line by googling. To start the disassembly with the washer in place you need to use a mirror and locate the three screws along the top of the unit on the backside. A stubby 1/4 rachet and socket will remove them and the cover will slide back to unlock and then pick it up and pull it out. It is rather straight forward but time consuming. Once the top is off the controls panel and the front is self explanatory. you will be looking at the motor and the brushes as you peer in from the front with the sheet metal off. Pack some patience as it is sort of tedious to avoid dropping screws into un recoverable areas.

There are lots of sharp edges on all the sheet metal and reaching back to the motor from the front will expose you to them. Get a tetanus shot and/or some kevlar sleeves to protect your arms. Mine looked like I had been in a cat fight by the time I hoisted the white flag and headed over to camping world. Good luck with it!