Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-25-2020, 06:38 PM   #1

Whirlpool Washer stopped

My washer stopped. I have turned all power off, trying to reset. It will not reset. I had to manually unlock. Any idea how to reset the Whirlpool washer in 2021 Aspire?

Kyle
2021 Entegra Aspire
TIOsToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-25-2020, 06:49 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIOsToy View Post
My washer stopped. I have turned all power off, trying to reset. It will not reset. I had to manually unlock. Any idea how to reset the Whirlpool washer in 2021 Aspire?

Kyle
2021 Entegra Aspire
I'm pretty sure Entegra put the owner's manual for the appliances in the 'satchel' or you can download it from Whirlpool. There should be a reset and trouble shooting procedure listed.

If that doesn't work:

Call Joyce on Monday.
Old 12-25-2020, 06:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIOsToy View Post

Kyle
2021 Entegra Aspire
Could it have possibly tripped the circuit breaker? They get the washer and dryer plugs reversed at the factory and you think you’re resetting the washer when it’s actually the dryer. If you find this just swap the plugs.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 08:51 PM   #4

Kyle,

Open the link below and you will find quite a bit of information that could possibly help you with the reset of the washer.
If you go to Post #2 of the thread, I had placed a link to the manual that may give you some other ideas.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/whi...or-508060.html

Safe travels
2017 Cornerstone 45B - FMCA-#489135
2012 Scion XB - Pushing hard
jrugarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 10:19 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
Could it have possibly tripped the circuit breaker? They get the washer and dryer plugs reversed at the factory and you think you’re resetting the washer when it’s actually the dryer. If you find this just swap the plugs.
Bingo! Exactly what happened to us. We kept turning the 'washer' breaker off/on and nadda. The 'dryer' breaker didn't look tripped, but when out of desperation I turned it off/on it was soft turning off, then clicked it back on and the washer was back on.

Didn't think about switching the plugs, but it's tripped a few times over the last 3 years so we're kind of used to it.
2003 Alegro Bus (sold)
garysfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 11:44 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by garysfb View Post
Bingo! Exactly what happened to us. We kept turning the 'washer' breaker off/on and nadda. The 'dryer' breaker didn't look tripped, but when out of desperation I turned it off/on it was soft turning off, then clicked it back on and the washer was back on.

Didn't think about switching the plugs, but it's tripped a few times over the last 3 years so we're kind of used to it.

Well unfortunately the washer main board went bad and they don’t know how long it will take to get a new one, so I am waiting. Sad within 6 months of owning a brand new coach I have to wait for the item So now I have to spend money on laundry mat.
Old 02-05-2021, 07:27 PM   #7

We have had several Whirlpool Washers that have stopped working due to a poor soldier connection on the main power-board. This seems to be an ongoing problem with Whirlpools as they age they draw more power to start which in turn stresses the main power leads and the soldier joint on the main power board fails. If you find yourself hitting the power-on button multiple times to get it to work (or resetting the breaker) its a poor soldier joint which is easy to spot.

If your handy with a Soldiering Iron its a simple fix.
Cr8havoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 07:45 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowrower View Post
We have had several Whirlpool Washers that have stopped working due to a poor soldier connection on the main power-board. This seems to be an ongoing problem with Whirlpools as they age they draw more power to start which in turn stresses the main power leads and the soldier joint on the main power board fails. If you find yourself hitting the power-on button multiple times to get it to work (or resetting the breaker) its a poor soldier joint which is easy to spot.

How difficult to get to the board?
Old 02-06-2021, 09:44 PM   #9

The main power board is usually on the top directly behind the power button. Here is a link to the parts diagram:

https://www.partselect.com/ModelSect...=Washer&Mark=1

You need to pull the front off to get to the control board to check the connections. The entire control module is bout $430.00 if its more than just a bad connection.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WhirlpoolRVWasher.gif
Views:	6
Size:	189.8 KB
ID:	317313  
Cr8havoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 05:58 AM   #10

Hope you can do that without having to pull the whole washer out. That would be a pita.
Old 02-07-2021, 07:24 AM   #11

NIRVC Atlanta waiting on parts

I was told the board was fried and they ordered a new one could take up to 12 weeks. Requested part number from service but still as of today have not received. When searching the Internet there were two boards listed for my model and I could have ordered both of these and had them within one week. Not sure what the problem is with the world pool service they use in Atlanta but sounds like the same excuse I keep getting about everything, Covid.
Old 02-13-2021, 07:14 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowrower View Post

I was told the board is bad. This is 2021, I will let them fix under warranty. All I need is a reason for them to void warranty.