Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-17-2018, 06:51 PM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
Whirlpool Washer wet clothes

The high speed spin which used to rock the coach has stopped resulting in very wet clothes at the end of any wash cycle. We did a cleaning cycle with help from the quick 4 cancel reboot. Cleaning cycle ran fine including fast spin but any wash cycle yields slow spin and wet clothes. I tried to reset by turning off the circuit breaker for 5 minutes but no luck. Even the spin/drain cycle has a slow spin with or without clothes in it. Any advice?
dairy-guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2018, 06:55 PM   #2

I had this happen with a load of towels and I think it just gets too out of balance and after a couple of attempts just stops and gives up. Only thing I've seen is to do smaller loads.
Old 08-17-2018, 07:02 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
With front loading washers it's best to have them full if you plan on high speed spin. Any less than full and they get it of balance and the electronic controller reduces the speed
tscarps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 07:04 PM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
I tried running the spin cycle with no clothes in the washer and it still only spins slowly. I have also checked the pump filter and it was clean. It will spin fast on the cleaning cycle but not on any wash cycles. does not seem to be an out of balance issue.
Old 08-17-2018, 08:05 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Have you checked the spin speed setting on the front of the washer? Ours does not appear to be adjustable but there is a selection button for the speed. Maybe yours actually adjusts.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 03:28 AM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgoldie View Post
Have you checked the spin speed setting on the front of the washer? Ours does not appear to be adjustable but there is a selection button for the speed. Maybe yours actually adjusts.
Both the extended spin and gentle spin buttons will flash then go out when pressed. They do not appear to do anything.
Old 08-18-2018, 05:52 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Jim, had a similar problem with our S&B Whirlpool. Unplugged it over night...next morning everything worked, worth a try. Using the circuit breaker in the MH is easier than unplugging. I really wonder about all the "computerized" cycles in the new appliances...why? Outside of cheaper to build, they don't do anything the manual cycle appliances use to do.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 06:19 AM   #8

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Jim, had a similar problem with our S&B Whirlpool. Unplugged it over night...next morning everything worked, worth a try. Using the circuit breaker in the MH is easier than unplugging. I really wonder about all the "computerized" cycles in the new appliances...why? Outside of cheaper to build, they don't do anything the manual cycle appliances use to do.
Chuck
I will try leaving the breaker off 24 hours. We have had some power issues on this trip. While in PEI they were having a heatwave and voltage was erratic. Currently in Nova Scotia and have solid 50 amp power. Strange that issue started once we arrived in Nova Scotia,
Old 08-18-2018, 07:16 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dairy-guy View Post
Chuck
I will try leaving the breaker off 24 hours. We have had some power issues on this trip. While in PEI they were having a heatwave and voltage was erratic. Currently in Nova Scotia and have solid 50 amp power. Strange that issue started once we arrived in Nova Scotia,

You could have hit on an issue. It has been reported here that the Whirlpools do not play well with generator power. You could be experiencing the same thing, or similar with unstable foreign power. Just a thought.
Old 08-18-2018, 07:42 AM   #10

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
You could have hit on an issue. It has been reported here that the Whirlpools do not play well with generator power. You could be experiencing the same thing, or similar with unstable foreign power. Just a thought.
My wife has blaming Canadian power so just maybe she's right!
Old 08-18-2018, 09:01 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
My wife has blaming Canadian power so just maybe she's right!
My wife is always right. It will be interesting to see what happens when back on stable power.
Old 08-18-2018, 11:08 AM   #12

Forest River Owners Club
We will be in Halifax Monday and will try again there. Won't be back in the States till Aug 30. Hopefully Halifax has better power than Cape Breton. I will provide updates as things progress. My wife just informed me that she is also always right
Old 08-18-2018, 11:36 AM   #13

Quote:
We will be in Halifax Monday and will try again there. Won't be back in the States till Aug 30. Hopefully Halifax has better power than Cape Breton. I will provide updates as things progress. My wife just informed me that she is also always right
Jim, if you go to the troubleshooting section of the manual it will tell you how to manually force the washer to high speed spin. I had to do that for a month once.
It's the manual on line not the little booklet that comes with mh.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 01:22 PM   #14

Forest River Owners Club
I will try and find the procedure to force high speed. Did you have to do this during the cycle or before starting the cycle? I did find a procedure to enter a Universal Test Mode which includes a drive motor max speed reference. Is this what you used?