RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2020, 03:51 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Whirlpool Washing machine - A10 error

2015 CS with Whirlpool washer. Got an A-10 Error, drain problem. Unplugged, checked drain hose for restrictions, no restrictions 36" back, but water still in dryer.

Finally get it to drain and the drum turns about 1/8th of a turn and stops and all lights come on again.

Called Whirlpool, but they won't talk to us because we don't have an extended service plan! Argh! I tried to get an extended service plan when we bought the coach and they told me they didn't do extended service plans for appliances located in recreational vehicles. So we can't get anyone to talk to us about it.

Any suggestions or ideas? Is there a washer model that is comparable in size in the stacked layout that could be used to replace? This is sounding like a pump problem, and one that might cost more to repair than to replace?

Thanks!
TurboDaveTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2020, 04:44 PM   #2

Dave,

Maybe this would be helpful, I found it on another thread by "Magic-Carpet".... I think?

https://www.irv2.com/forums/attachme...2&d=1511512905
2017 Cornerstone 45B - FMCA-#489135
2012 Scion XB - Pushing hard
jrugarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 05:12 PM   #3

I would check the drain plug first potentially

I seen a few videos where even a rubber glove was stuck in there
Old 09-24-2020, 10:25 PM   #4

I replaced mine....
vsayler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 06:45 AM   #5

Read most of the posts, Facebook, YT, cleaned the drain trap, checked hoses as best as possible. All the suggestions are helpful but results vary.
We throw the A10 codes at 18 and 8 minutes respectively. Not always, but we spend a fair amount of time constantly checking if the dang thing is working. And it won’t always throw the codes. We won’t leave the washer unattended.
Contemplating getting the newer version or Splendide.
2017 Jeep JKU
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 03:13 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
When you get tired of the crap, replace with a Splendide washer. Approx $1500 installed for washer only (DW very happy).
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 03:17 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrugarber View Post
Dave,

Maybe this would be helpful, I found it on another thread by "Magic-Carpet".... I think?

https://www.irv2.com/forums/attachme...2&d=1511512905

Thanks, John! My 2011 HR Endeavor 43 had the same washer dryer but it wasn’t enclosed like CS. Their instructions said to make sure you clean out the washer drain particularly in cold weather storage. The plug was clearly visible without removing anything. I had pulled the bottom off, found the plug, took a cup and dipped the water out then removed the plug. There was almost enough change to buy a Coke! Got it all out and cleaned it up. Looked in it with a light and couldn’t see anything else. Put it together and ran the test in the booklet and managed to get the thing running and out the wet clothes back in and went through the cycle. Thought we had it licked! Tried doing a lite load this morning and developed a F2 and then an F3 error. Water in tub was up to the line and. Any get it to drain. Because it is full of water, can’t get it to drain so we can open the door. I suspect there maybe another foreign object in the pump but Because it is full of water, pulling that plug would cause a flood! We are in SW CO and no whirlpool service closer than Denver! We are sort of stuck. The PIX water faucets are a pain or worse. Finally was able to turn hot water off with a small crescent wrench, but can’t get the cold faucet to budge! Too tight to get anything in there! Maybe the washer/dryer needs to be moved out, but that also looks like a major undertaking!

Ideas? Suggestions? Go to park laundry?
TurboDaveTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 06:56 AM   #8

Dave, we had the same thing with water sitting and door lock. We killed the breaker over night and did the drain and spin. It finally woke up and started.
2017 Jeep JKU
Old 10-02-2020, 11:39 AM   #9

Dave, wanted to see if you had any luck.
We’ve been throwing A-10 codes and finally got the washer to drain a bit.
Soaked up remaining water in drum.
I then slowly opened the waste drain. Needed two towels to soak up remaining water. After doing this once before, I was surprised to pull out another $2.47 in change. What I was not expecting was a dog poop bag(probably from one of my pockets) and a fair amount of dog hair( that I expected).
Somebody wisely said they clean this trap monthly.
If we can keep it running great, but a new one might be in the cards.
2017 Jeep JKU
Old 10-02-2020, 03:47 PM   #10

I tried the sponge & rag approach to draining the filter housing but switched to a small wet-dry shop vac.
A sponge under the drain helps contain any spills but cracking the plug with the wet vac sucking the drainage works really well.... especially if you have remaining water in the drum from an uncompleted cycle.
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 04:29 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Send a message via Skype™ to JimnEllen
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
When you get tired of the crap, replace with a Splendide washer. Approx $1500 installed for washer only (DW very happy).
Couldn't agree more!
Old 10-03-2020, 06:40 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
I pushed the washer back a few inches, pull plastic cover off, got 68 cents and a bunch of assorted junk out of the strainer. Much cheaper than a new purchase.
navychop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 10:32 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
X2, Very happy with Splendide. Replaced original Whirlpool(?) in 2016 CS after input fill valve failure and general dissatisfaction with the original.
High2 is offline   Reply With Quote