Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2020, 04:02 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Whirlpool WFC7500VW2 Washer (Very Long)

SO... I figured I'd make this post in the hopes that it helps someone else!

We arrived at a park in NJ last week and since arriving, our Whirlpool washer in our 2016 Anthem has stopped doing the fast spin on all washing cycles. We've had this happen before, and it usually just required a cleaning cycle to remedy. Apparently too much sudsy build-up affects the fast spin cycle. And so we did a clean and no luck, still no fast spin. From many other posts here we also learned that sometimes a blockage in the draining system like coins or a sock, etc... can prevent the unit from going into a fast spin, so we checked (and found) a few coins in the drain filter (that thing you unscrew on the bottom right side) but nothing else blocking the drain.

We then began to troubleshoot beyond that using all internet resources, manuals, and magic tricks including unplugging the unit for two minutes. The diagnostics ran without error exercising all parts of the unit, including the fast spin, which ran flawlessly. NO ERRORS. Even called Whirlpool, they were of minimal assistance. Low an behold after exhausting every possible attempts to fix this little bugger, we called Entegra customer service for info about how to remove the unit so I could check it our further, and if necessary, take it to a shop, because no one (not even the few mobile RV repair businesses in the area) wanted to work on one of these in the coach! I DID NOT want to take it to CAMPING WORLD. Very few, if any other options here.

Mike @CS was very patient and helpful about what I needed to do to remove the unit including how to remove the commode to facilitate easier washer removal, though I really didn't want to go down this path. He then suggested that we run a few cycles of the washer with our generator running because he has heard of instances where bad (dirty) park power has caused the washer to not operate correctly.

That we did, and the unit ran perfectly. I am just wandering how many others have experienced these problems and never though to check and see if the power was a problem! Some may have even replaced their washers because of frustrating, erratic and/or poor performance. We have always been very satisfied with ours because it really does a good job. It's a very robust, compact machine. Admittedly, it can be a bit quirky, but read read read and learn all you can about it before condemning it.

Short list last:
1. Don't use to much soap or softener.
2. Run the clean cycle once a month or so, depending on how much you use it.
3. If all else fails, check to see if it runs on you very clean power producing generator.
KingoftheCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2020, 04:21 PM   #2

That's a good story. I'm researching whirlpool washers for my rig. and I'm up for all the good, the bad, and the warty about them. Thanks for posting!

Just out of curiosity -- what's the capacity of yours?
rodekyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 07:09 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Capacity?

Good question but the specs I can find say IEC equivalent capacity is 2.3 ... I believe they mean Cubic Feet, and I can find no definitive answer of how that relates to pounds of laundry. It is small though and I would think it's less than 10-12 lbs. In general, we keep the loads small.
Old 04-23-2020, 07:26 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Do yourself a favor...get a Splendide. Too many issues with the Whirlpool. JMHO
BTW, DW much happier with the Splendide.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 12:11 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Do yourself a favor...get a Splendide. Too many issues with the Whirlpool. JMHO
BTW, DW much happier with the Splendide.
Same here.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 02:01 PM   #6

A new splendide would cost me more than a month's money, and I can't find a used, washer-only unit locally. So I'm looking at other options.
rodekyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 02:37 PM   #7

I find it odd that "dirty" power is being blamed. Whirlpool's control electronics should be reasonably impervious to harmonic content, and remember that on shore power, it's the same electricity you get at home. I'd be more suspicious of voltage drop or brown-out conditions, either due to load or problems with a park's electrical distribution or its PoCo's undersized feed. No matter the cause, though, I'm still trying to find a reason for low voltage to cause the machine to skip or under perform part of a cycle; seems like either it wouldn't work at all, or it would all work.
Old 04-24-2020, 06:34 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
hmmm...

I know it's strange... and I don't have an o'scope to troubleshoot the sine waves, but it's hard to argue with "it doesn't work right on shore power, but works just fine on generator power".

I've even had flickering florescent lights on a pedestal trip my surge protector before. After seeing that one with my own eyes, I won't discount anything about shore power!
Old 04-24-2020, 07:01 AM   #9

Not really a GOOD option for an RV, but using a water softener makes a HUGE difference. If you can add a water softener, run your first load of towels with NO SOAP. You will be amazed what comes out of them !