Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-07-2021, 05:38 PM   #1

White Entegra???

We are currently in Myrtle Beach SC @ Pirateland C/G. Traveling Rt.17 southbound this afternoon I noticed what I initially thought was a Newell or C/C driving north on Rt. 17. Surprisingly, it was white in color with what looked to be the same swirling graphics on the side, although I didn't really notice the colors as I was driving, but looked like an orange/red color. The rear had the newer graphics along with the chrome Entegra badge but I don't remember the front having the Entegra badge, hence thinking it may have been a Newell or C/C.
I thought it was a very nice combination of colors, and must be a custom paint job, even down to the same graphics on the rear even though I thought Entegra didn't deviate from the factory color choices.(Although there had been the blacked out Coach a number of months ago along with a battleship grey... I think?) I thought maybe the Owner would see this and comment. It was really what I thought was a great looking Coach in a lighter color combination!
Hopefully I will run into him someday and be able to ask about the paint job.
2017 Cornerstone 45B - FMCA-#489135
2012 Scion XB - Pushing hard
jrugarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-08-2021, 09:01 AM   #2

My wife posted our sighting of the above mentioned Entegra Coach on Facebook and it turns out that someone knew the owner of the Coach and posted this picture.
He described the graphic orange/red as being more red in person, and if you look closely in the front you can see a Harley badge... so an obvious Harley aficionado. Again, a very nice looking Coach when seen on the road as the white seemed more of a pearlescent white vs. a straight white with clear-coat.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1444.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	327628  
2017 Cornerstone 45B - FMCA-#489135
2012 Scion XB - Pushing hard
jrugarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 09:13 AM   #3

There is also a single color gray Entegra floating around out there and all those things are possible if you just cant live with the standard paint jobs from Entegra. I assume you set up the paint with S&S paint or whoever is doing the standard painting of all coaches and you can specify whatever you want.

Distinctive is great until you want/need to sell the coach.... What is fantastic for one owner may be just terrible for the other 97% of owners. While I like this paint job, the all-gray coach looks way too much like a federal or state prison inmate transfer bus for my taste. But if you want to spend the money, you can get anything you want.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 09:27 AM   #4

Nice one
My RV is while and I love it.
Never shows dirt
2cyber71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 09:47 AM   #5

Last time I was visiting Middlebury, near Elkhart I found this little number that looks like it is an unpainted coach on its way to the paint shop for its first coat of paint.

Gary
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Unpainted Entegra Coach before heading to paint.jpg
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	327629  
Old 05-13-2021, 06:47 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Last time I was visiting Middlebury, near Elkhart I found this little number that looks like it is an unpainted coach on its way to the paint shop for its first coat of paint.

Gary
Cool!

Could we call that a nude coach?
Dr. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 07:24 AM   #7

Before all the fancy, schmancy paint is added (and a few other things like stop/brake lights, C-Lights, etc.) It was kinda cool as it sat, but would look so much better with all those swirls, swoosches, and swoops that LWBAZ so dislikes.... (I'll take swirls and swoops any day compared to linear-lines and points and ??? (maybe it will grow on me ))

Gary
Old 05-13-2021, 10:22 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Before all the fancy, schmancy paint is added (and a few other things like stop/brake lights, C-Lights, etc.) It was kinda cool as it sat, but would look so much better with all those swirls, swoosches, and swoops that LWBAZ so dislikes.... (I'll take swirls and swoops any day compared to linear-lines and points and ??? (maybe it will grow on me ))

Gary
Gary, it's not so much that I dislike 3S-4C paint schemes (Swoops, Swirls & Stripes in 4 Colors) - I've owned five motorhomes over the past 20+ years, all of which have had some form of 3S-4C. So obviously I don't hate those schemes enough to keep my money in my pocket. It's just that, in my opinion, the RV industry is seriously overdue for something different.

I'm not a designer, so I not capable of saying exactly what that "something different" should be. I guess I'll know it when/if I see it.

In the meantime, below is a photo from the recent Newmar Dealers Meeting showing a 3S-4C paint scheme I actually kinda like. (I'd like it better if it was a bit less "busy" toward the back, but I digress...)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2022 Newmar Super Star.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	220.5 KB
ID:	328177  
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 02:18 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Location: Currently in Texas until COVID subsides and we feel more comfortable traveling.
Last week someone pulled in with a very different paint job. When asked, he told me a new paint job ephod cost around $40K but he had his coach wrapped. Cost about$7K. Looked quite good, even up close. And the original colors are still there if needed.
Johnontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 02:27 PM   #10

No question that "wrap technology" has improved to the point of being almost indistinguishable from paint unless you look closely.

In the NASCAR world, very few race cars are painted anymore - almost all of them are wrapped. Doing that was driven in large part by the fact that few if any teams have the same sponsor for all the races. With wraps, it's relatively quick & easy to change the appearance of the car from week to week.

At the drag races I've seen instances of motorhomes towing matching trailers, but looking closer you can see the motorhome is painted while the trailer is wrapped.
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 11:13 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Ok. Here’s a similar thing. I noticed it isn’t selling real fast. 2021 London Aire

I do like the white Cornerstone
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	5C1F6800-6AD1-47E2-B373-4FEF3EB526FA.jpeg
Size:	237.5 KB
ID:	328889  
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 12:19 PM   #12

I love the look, might get a little hot 🤷🏻
buck58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 02:36 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
Ok. Hereís a similar thing. I noticed it isnít selling real fast. 2021 London Aire

I do like the white Cornerstone

That coach would kill me. I have OCD with swirl marks on any vehicle. When I start to see them I get the buffer our. I hate the black entegra uses on the cap. Canít imagine 45ft of black with swirl marks.
zman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 03:42 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman62 View Post
That coach would kill me. I have OCD with swirl marks on any vehicle. When I start to see them I get the buffer our. I hate the black entegra uses on the cap. Canít imagine 45ft of black with swirl marks.

I have to agree, Iím way too picky for all black! It would definitely harsh my mellow!
Nowabeachbum is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra