Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-13-2020, 05:15 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by LETMGROW View Post
In case you have missed the news lately we are in a Pandemic situation. .....
Do you mean the panic demic?

It is kind of a city thing. One of the kids live in NYC and the other works in DC. Both are now working from home. Makes sense to me.

Outside big cities things are a bit more relaxes because rural people are more used to not having politicians to them how to live especially those in big cities.

Just drove from 1500 miles across the southwest. State and federal parks are closed. Still plenty of places to camp and boondock.

So it kind of depends on where you are at and what you risk is.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2020, 07:32 PM   #16

Quote:
I shared driving with my brother in law from NY state straight through to Cape Canaveral Florida delivering chemicals in 1966 several times.
The last time I was in Florida was in 1977 when I flew non stop to Orlando Florida, got off the plane and was picked up and taken to the "Wheeled Coach" Corporation to take delivery of the new ambulance for our Town's Volunteer Ambulance squad of which i was chief.
We exchanged paperwork and i jumped behind the wheel and headed north. I stopped for gas, would grab a sandwich and a drink if I needed one and got back behind the wheel. I got paid well for doing this by the dealer but had to take a day off my regular job.
Lynn
That was on a different planet my friend. In 1977 I was 28 and could pee for distance. Enjoy your memory it will never happen again. As old folk we live on memories. We are no longer making new memories, most of us that is. The memory we don't want to make is the memory of our deaths but it will happen.
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 09:55 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Who here is parked in a campground and where are you?

Quote:
In case you have missed the news lately we are in a Pandemic situation. Folks are being asked to stay home, stay safe and stay healthy.

This request is for everyone, not just a chosen few.

Lynn
Xxc
Harleydeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 05:54 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggieDaddy View Post
That was on a different planet my friend. In 1977 I was 28 and could pee for distance. Enjoy your memory it will never happen again. As old folk we live on memories. We are no longer making new memories, most of us that is. The memory we don't want to make is the memory of our deaths but it will happen.
You are only as old as you want to think you are. I still get up in the morning and along with my son and my son in law I will drive three or four hours with my Suburban and a four place enclosed trailer to race our snowmobiles. We do snow drags. I'm still competitive having won four firsts and one second this past season. During the week I'l be in my shop servicing the sleds and getting them ready for the next outing. Or, I might grab my trail sled and go for a 100 mile or so ride on a nice winter day.
Weather permitting you can usually find me somewhere on my property cutting brush, mowing field borders, pruning apple trees or working on our deer food plots. That's if my son doesn't need me at my auto machine shop he manages for me and he gets behind in the work.
I like to stay busy. I have no intention of sitting around and vegetating.
Lynn
Old 04-14-2020, 06:00 AM   #19

As soon as they see your NY license plate at the border of Florida they're going to stop you. Most RV parks aren't accepting new people and you're supposed to self-quarantine for 14 days --not sure how they're planning to enforce this but I'm sure there are plenty of neighbors that will "tattle on you". I'd stay put, get on Skype or facetime for "visiting" with family at least until the state(s) returns to some normalcy.

As for the question asked, we are at an RV park for another day as we clean our house to get back into it after a few years away.
Old 04-14-2020, 03:47 PM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Quartzsite AZ and NO VIRIUS in the city YET

Been in Quartzsite since the Entegra Gathering in Jan
Currently at Holiday Palm RV park
one of the best parks ive ever been to they have every thing here but Grass

and its $200 a month plus 50 amp

I drove thur most of the BLM areas yesterday and surprised how many are dry camping
lots of space in the city for $200 a month plus elec running Acs during the days and laundry
ac is about $3.60 per day and parking is $6 a day i dont think you can dry camp with a bigger coach for $9.60 a day even if you have the 757 driver solar array Don has on his Anthem

just kidding Don

this place has
Oil Draing pit, Pressure car wash, Tennis courts, Laundry, Rec Room, Mail room, Spa, Pull thrus, Wifi, 50AMP that is correctly wired, Big spaces with picnic tables, Horse shoe pit and water and sewage and trash pickup at the rig
N6CUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 05:38 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
Florida was the most likely choice since my sister is there taking care of my 94yo mom. We wanted to maybe spell her for a little

Lynn,

You probably right, but as I stated above my sister needs help. Fla would be a good change for us. That said, we will most likely stay put

I am in Dallas, TX area. Returned from Naples, FL on 3/15. My brother is in an assisted living facility. On 3/20 any such facility in TX is on lockdown. They are not letting anyone in or out other than facility staff and medical professionals. To get items he needs, it is leave it in a box and ring the door bell and someone will get it, sanitize it, and take it to the resident. They are also feeding residents in their room, not letting them out in the facility. Pretty much true quarantine and just short of jail! Fortunately, this facility has not had a Corona virus positive patient or staff member! Lots of facilities are not that fortunate! [emoji80]
TurboDaveTX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground