Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2021, 11:11 AM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
I've had two replacements. Don't know what gen I now have. Left home 2 December and 8500 miles later we're safely installed at Stoneridge, ID. Off to Spearfish/Gillette 1 July. We'll play the cards we get dealt.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2021, 08:19 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Ed, I would continue with the trip plans with a plan"B" ready to go. If the DEF head gives the codes, you still have mileage available before derate to go into plan "B". If in the Chicago area, detour south to the huge Cummins facility in Elkhart that is the headquarters for MH and Onan Support. From there it is 2 hours to Spartan where DEF heads are located.
Thanks Chuck for the suggestion. We now have almost 19,000 miles on the coach so we have escaped a major shutdown so far. If we can get another 19,000 out of it with no issue, we would be thrilled.
Old 06-20-2021, 06:20 PM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
Chucks advice of Cummins Elkhart is good. Very nice “campground” out back. We are on day 2 of a 3 month travel schedule which includes Spearfish. We will just deal with any issues as they come. Just couldn’t stay put two summers in a row.
Old 06-20-2021, 09:02 PM   #32

With active codes and a check engine light, we were a couple days away from cancelling Spearfish and Gillette ourselves, but after a full failure we were apparently one of the real lucky ones to get a replacement Gen 7, very recently. So now we’re back on! I agree life’s too short to get too worried about what could happen. We got Buddy110’s Victory Blue 2018 Anthem last fall (and love it when it works!), and we can’t wait to meet some more Entegra folks at Spearfish. I’m hoping someone will help us learn more about some things on this coach! It would have been so disappointing if we had to miss out. If Gen 7 fails (or the air suspension fails again or another battery explodes or a second A/C craps out or Vega Touch goes nuts) we have our dog with us, anyway, and we still have our Jeep! If the Jeep dies, we need a newer one, anyway!😁
blade76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 10:15 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade76 View Post
With active codes and a check engine light, we were a couple days away from cancelling Spearfish and Gillette ourselves, but after a full failure we were apparently one of the real lucky ones to get a replacement Gen 7, very recently. So now we’re back on! I agree life’s too short to get too worried about what could happen. We got Buddy110’s Victory Blue 2018 Anthem last fall (and love it when it works!), and we can’t wait to meet some more Entegra folks at Spearfish. I’m hoping someone will help us learn more about some things on this coach! It would have been so disappointing if we had to miss out. If Gen 7 fails (or the air suspension fails again or another battery explodes or a second A/C craps out or Vega Touch goes nuts) we have our dog with us, anyway, and we still have our Jeep! If the Jeep dies, we need a newer one, anyway!😁
Love it Dennis - great attitude!
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 03:17 PM   #34

2021 Aspire supposedly has Gen 6 def head. I ordered an extra back in January just in case, so I'm prepared. Keeping fingers crossed.
ClintH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 04:06 PM   #35

I won't deal with it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBart View Post
Our DEF failure was in our driveway, a couple days after we returned from a month-long trip. It was replaced a week after I reported the failure.

Now our coach is ready to hit the road but the reports of failures of replacement heads and now a supply delay until Sept-Oct make us hesitate to get back on the road.

How many others have cancelled or adjusted their travel plans because of DEF heads?
If I have issues with this crap..................I will be DELETING the whole system out ! It can be done ! Don't let anyone tell you other wise ! It May not be legal BUT I DON"T CARE ! I will run my RV as NEEDED !
TomFicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 04:27 PM   #36

Newmar Owners Club
Hello everyone. Im new to this forum and we are having the same issue with our DEF.head. We have a Newmar DS 2019 DS 14000 miles We went to get the coach ready for your 4 week trip across country and these codes started popping up. We are getting the same answers, wait unitl August/September. One question is how long can we drive (if we can)? [Mod Edit]
BUONOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 05:25 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomFicca View Post
If I have issues with this crap..................I will be DELETING the whole system out ! It can be done ! Don't let anyone tell you other wise ! It May not be legal BUT I DON"T CARE ! I will run my RV as NEEDED !

Good luck with that
Prairie Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 04:00 AM   #38

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUONOS View Post
Hello everyone. Im new to this forum and we are having the same issue with our DEF.head. We have a Newmar DS 2019 DS 14000 miles We went to get the coach ready for your 4 week trip across country and these codes started popping up. We are getting the same answers, wait unitl August/September. One question is how long can we drive (if we can)? [Mod Edit]
That is another problem, Spartan has not programmed in any exact mileage. it can be anywhere from 60 to 800 with the average about 250. I hope you will join others is filing a complaint with the NHTSA. Hopefully if enough people contact the NHTSA we can get a stop put to this insanity. https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/def...sa-518276.html
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 03:04 PM   #39

DEF heads and trip cancelation

Man, I am sure glad that my 8,3L is a 2000!
Roadyacht1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 03:04 PM   #40

DEF problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBart View Post
Our DEF failure was in our driveway, a couple days after we returned from a month-long trip. It was replaced a week after I reported the failure.

Now our coach is ready to hit the road but the reports of failures of replacement heads and now a supply delay until Sept-Oct make us hesitate to get back on the road.

How many others have cancelled or adjusted their travel plans because of DEF heads?

Our motorhome is pre-DEF vintage so no problems.

My decision to purchase a pre-DEF model was made based on several conversations with close friends in the OTR (18 WHEELERS) maintaince industry and the tremendous problems associated with DEF.

It's an opinion, but I am glad I took their opinions seriously. For the next few years stay as far away as possible from DEF.
BruceDeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 03:23 PM   #41

Just replaced DEF sensor

We just spent 3 days at a Cummins shop in TX to get the sensor and installation. Has anyone had a problem once it has been replaced?
Waterlady55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 03:24 PM   #42

Def Head

What is a Def Head? Never heard term.

RVSteve
RVsteve is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel