Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2021, 11:52 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Who is canceling travel plans because of the DEF head issue?

Our DEF failure was in our driveway, a couple days after we returned from a month-long trip. It was replaced a week after I reported the failure.

Now our coach is ready to hit the road but the reports of failures of replacement heads and now a supply delay until Sept-Oct make us hesitate to get back on the road.

How many others have cancelled or adjusted their travel plans because of DEF heads?
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2021, 11:58 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBart View Post
Our DEF failure was in our driveway, a couple days after we returned from a month-long trip. It was replaced a week after I reported the failure.

Now our coach is ready to hit the road but the reports of failures of replacement heads and now a supply delay until Sept-Oct make us hesitate to get back on the road.

How many others have cancelled or adjusted their travel plans because of DEF heads?
We are on a 4 month 6k mile trip so we haven’t changed anything
zman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 12:00 PM   #3

I made it home, won’t risk my family again on a product that the people that made it doesn’t even trust.... the next time this coach moves is to trade it in.... I’ll pay cancellation fees for trips planned.
buck58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 12:33 PM   #4

Have not cancelled but begin a 3 month trip first of August.

I am now just a whole lot more nervous than I was three months ago.... whip COVID but now lack of DEF heads??!!!!???????????

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 12:38 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
We had ours replaced in late January during a month long trip, we're on our second month long trip since then and have plans for a couple more this year. Everybody has to make their own decision and I respect that. For us we are not only optimistic we are a touch fatalistic as well. We don't stay home in fear of of a devastating accident, but accept the risk that it may happen. We're just not going to sit at home because something bad might happen. YAMMV
2003 Alegro Bus (sold)
garysfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 12:40 PM   #6

Just got back from two month, 4500 miles, but our coach has def 6 in it, not that it matters. Not into playing Russian Roulette, so wont venture far until there are backups in stock.
Prairie Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 01:02 PM   #7

We are not cancelling anything, but to be fair, I have a spare head and filter
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 01:40 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
We are not cancelling anything, but to be fair, I have a spare head and filter
Insurance/ peace of mind
Old 06-18-2021, 01:56 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman62 View Post
Insurance/ peace of mind
Which isn't available at any price at this time...
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 01:59 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Just posted on FB an hour ago. This is getting to be a really sad travel season for some. Personally my DEF head has already been replaced and I'll go for it, if we can.

Sue

We left Middlebury on Wednesday - love the AIR benefit and are thankful to all who make that such a wonderful experience.
Sadly, we decided to cancel our 43-day Western trip and miss both the ECOA Spearfish and FMCA Gillette rallies. It's our turn for the dreaded DEF Head Failure. Had orange codes prior to our arrival at the factory and then another code show on the way home from Middlebury. We were told by Spartan they are not sending out replacement DEF parts (due to extremely limited supply), until your engine derates and you need to be towed. And when they run out of parts - who knows how long we could be stranded! We don't want to be stuck somewhere for months because parts are out of stock, so we will be parked at home until the stock of DEF heads are replenished. If you need a space for Spearfish or Gillette, there is a spot now open... going to miss seeing everyone...As common as this issue has become we are surprised there hasn't been a recall on this part.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 02:37 PM   #11

Our gen6 went out 500 miles into a 8000 mile trip. Spartan sent at that time a just out Gen7 and we’re now about 4500 miles into that trip and in Southern Idaho so we’ll keep going and hope the gen7 is the final answer.
J Gunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 03:56 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Gunter View Post
Our gen6 went out 500 miles into a 8000 mile trip. Spartan sent at that time a just out Gen7 and we’re now about 4500 miles into that trip and in Southern Idaho so we’ll keep going and hope the gen7 is the final answer.

Fingers crossed
Old 06-19-2021, 04:24 AM   #13

def

Sorry guys, late to the party?? Just took delivery of a 2020 Anthem. Can someone update me to what is going on with this? Leaving for 6000 mile trip late July. I just read this for first time today.

safe travels all
FLYING BUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 04:32 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BUTCH View Post
Sorry guys, late to the party?? Just took delivery of a 2020 Anthem. Can someone update me to what is going on with this? Leaving for 6000 mile trip late July. I just read this for first time today.

safe travels all
This is a start. https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/def...sa-518276.html

Check this page for posts the last couple of days about the amount of DEF heads failing. The failing DEF heads went into effect starting in 2016 model year coaches, but more so on the later year coaches.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel