Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-08-2021, 09:00 AM   #29

Retiredbutworking

I have seen no impact of the Thor purchase. I have owned a 15 Anthem and now a 19 Cornerstone and I have seen no negative impact. If I had to summarize and speculate, I would point out that Thor Industries is essentially a holding company that has bought up a bunch of brands in a general trend of the industry consolidating after the bust that occurred in 2008-2010. My guess is that they company is smart enough to understand that they need a whole lot of different price p0ints and qualities in the products and companies that they own.... and they realize that they have a Thor branded coach line and it is exactly what a Thor has been and at a price and quality point that Thor has been historically, but they also want a higher quality, higher price point Company and Entegra fulfills that space.

The first evidence of how this can be good but also bad for Entegra is the decision by someone that maybe they should adopt the toilet that Entegra adoped right at the beginning of the 2020 model year. Supposedly, that was an attempt to buy into a quantity discount that Thor Industries got and tried out on many of their coach lines and companies, and it went over like a huge lead balloon..... They installed it in all Entegra coach lines for about two or three months and the feedback from Entegra owners was so negative that the toilet was dropped and Entegra went back to equipment that has been standard in bathrooms for many years. Now, this is my understanding of the impact that Thor Industries might have.... I might be wrong. This is the sort of story that ran around when all of this problem were becoming known and resolved. What I was told by someone that should have known is that it was all an attempt to cut down costs but it was so poorly received that it was quickly done away with. That is the one place where a lot of speculation went around that this was an impact of Thor.

However, beyond one or two of those sorts of things, I have not seen, nor have I heard others commenting on issues that were perceived as negative from the purchase.

Now, Entegra is changing. Some consider the changes good and some consider the changes bad. I had heard more than a few coach owners who are not happy with the changes in woodwork quality (me included) and color (fewer dark colors and fewer traditional finishes), etc. etc. I have heard dedicated Entegra owners of multiple coaches say that they probably will not buy another coach as they just dont like the "looks" of the new interiors. Of course, then there are the group that say that they love the change and really want to get away from the "men's club" look and tradition.... so designers have a real dilemma trying to satisfy all "sensitivities" of older and younger clients..... However, I dont think that anyone believes this has anything to do with Thor..... only has to do with perceived changes in generational preferences.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-08-2021, 10:58 AM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredbutWorking View Post
Did the quality of the Entegra line change after Thor purchased them? Everyone knows Thor is not in business to build quality coaches.
I owned a 2014 Entegra built coach and it was a nightmare. I have owned a 2019 and a 2021 Thor owned Entegra built coach that are almost twice the quality of the 14 Entegra. People that put those statements out on the internet I doubt if they have owned an Entegra coach, before or after the purchase by Thor.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 05:45 AM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I owned a 2014 Entegra built coach and it was a nightmare.
Oh please share all the information you can.

Thanks
Dr. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 06:34 AM   #32

Chuck: just tell em it was a Taddless model 🤪🤣🤪
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 04:54 PM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Entegra, NIRVC, and Spartan

I am a full timer and I have done a number of repairs and upgrades to my 2016 Anthem. Many are appliance related and many are build issues. Entegra isn’t responsible for appliance items but they have always helped me with those anyway. Entegra is responsible for most coach related issues. All RVs have build related issues and all coaches have issues when you take possession. There is no way you can avoid it. A “luxury” RV is a complex machine. I just spent a year and a half of a planned four month stay at a campground in Arizona hiding from Covid and have needed to work on several issues, even though I was living in my Anthem but not driving it. Entegra has been there for me for any information I have requested. If you send me a private message I will send my list of repairs, maintenance, and upgrades from day one of ownership.

My opinion of Entegra is very strong. I have met or traded messages with Entegra management and all are dedicated to turning out the best product they can given the restraints of getting out a specific number of coaches each week. That is a problem with all RV manufacturers. After a short time adjusting to the Thor purchase of Jayco/Entegra they planned and installed procedures to streamline and improve build quality and owner satisfaction. There still are issues for some new owners, some major, but Entegra is making an honest effort. Their service and parts groups are amazing. I usually get a reply the same or following day, they send additional information related to my questions just in case it helps (it usually does), and I cannot say enough about these people. A few months after buying my coach I showed up at Entegra with a list of major issues but without a scheduled appointment. It did not matter to them. They fixed my issues plus more they found that were not on my list. Entegra cares about their customers and it shows.

Here are some things about the build quality of my coach. They use real wood throughout. Appliances are the same quality as those I would buy. They use square head screws. They include extra floor tiles. Most of the items that might need access, from switches to fuse boxes to maintenance items are accessible. A lot of people have complemented on my paint design. I think it looks great. I haven’t found any rust anywhere. Fit and finish is very good. I could easily add more.

I purchased my coach from NIRCV and it was a great experience. It is the same with their maintenance people. I have contacted NIRVC for help occasionally and they are always available. I will contact NIRVC first if I decide to upgrade my coach. Absolutely.

Spartan builds a solid chassis. The X bracing that Entegra adds stiffens the chassis and make it more solid. I attended “Spartan School” the second year of ownership and I found it to be thorough, helpful, relaxed, and fun. It’s well worth the cost. Classes fill up quickly so get on the list as soon as you can. I really liked the mechanic (Kyler) who worked on my coach my first visit and asked if he could be assigned to me on subsequent visits. No problem. Everyone I have met or worked with at Spartan is top notch. I can’t compare Spartan with other chassis manufacturers as Spartan is the only diesel chasses I have owned. All strive to produce a quality product and all do. I found rust on the filler neck of my antifreeze bottle (surge tank) and set a photo to Spartan. They asked where my next stop would be, overnighted the parts, and arranged for a service center to install it. That center was about a half hour way from my destination and was waiting on me. No paperwork and the work was done immediately. I appreciate that kind of support.
Old 05-09-2021, 05:11 PM   #34

Go to the Entegra factory and then go to newmar. You will see the difference yourself. On our second Entegra 2018 and now 21 anthem. Lots of bang for the buck. 5000 miles and only a couple things that I fixed myself. The factory sent me the parts and I fixed it. Great people great service staff. I would buy another in a heart beat. Quietest coach around. Contact me with questions. I'm a happy owner
onholdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 05:24 PM   #35

Foretravel for a full-sized motor home.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 06:20 PM   #36

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Good post, Gary. I would add that in addition to being nice, and honest, the people at Entegra bend over backwards to please the customer. Also note that Entegra's 2-year bumper to bumper warranty is a huge factor. Most other manufacturers have only a one year warranty. That year goes by very fast, and the fact that Entegra buyers have a second year's warranty is a very big deal.
I'd add to what these two have said by saying our Aspire will be 4 years old come September and we've had an ongoing Aqua Hot issue. Entegra has covered all repairs to date even out of warranty. In fact I received a Temp Sensor that requires opening the system to replace. They (Entegra) are paying for the mobile aqua hot repair man to come to me. Like most businesses you could have a good or bad experience with them on any given day or product. The is our first coach and Entegra has been exceptional in fixing the problems we've had. We had plenty with our 5th wheel but Keystone did not stand behind their warranty like Entegra has.
jloftice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 07:34 PM   #37

Dont do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfitrip View Post
This is my first post on this forum after reading for several weeks and I have a question for the Entegra owners who seem to be loyal to the brand and enjoy their motor coaches.

Background: I have done a lot of research and really like the Entegra Anthem coach and am planning to purchase one in the near future. But I have to say that the number of issues that these vehicles have right out of the factory is a concern. I have learned through reading this forum that the right dealer makes a big difference but still it seems that many of you spend a lot of time in the shop or a lot of your own time keeping your coach in shape.

Can anyone offer comments or thoughts on why by an Entegra?

Thanks

MyFitrip
I bought the brand new cornerston in 2019 for 500K and this is by far the worst coach i have ever owned and the dealer.RV One who sold this coach is the worst dealer. I had a 2018 brand new Newmar Ventana and i had very few minor issues for the 1 year i owned it, however the entegra has been a nightmare so far. First you wait up to 2 months to get an appointment and then takes weeks for rv one to fix the issues and a lot of times they sont make the repairs right the first time. Just had the door replaced under warranty. My wife picked up the coach and went to a gas station. She was.locked out of the coach while it was still running. I brought the spare key and it still didnt open the door. We called rv one and they baskcally said to tow the vehicle to them or call a lock smith. When i asked them if they would pay for ghe tow or locksmith, they said they could not guarantee that. It was their screw up but still they took no responsibility. They had the coach for a month. We called entegra and they said to call locksmith ans send them the bill..we were stuck at a pump for 3 hours. Locksmith had to cut the lock. We were being threatened by the gas station manager to be towed since we were blocking his pump. I am.so frusttated with this coach. After spending 500K one does not expect these many issues. Entegra braga about their quality control..thats a joke. Coach should not have these many problems if their QC was doing their job. Here is list of issues so far on a coach with onlh 13K miles on it..

1. Steps locked 2 times so far while in the open position. I had to remove the steps and use a strap to hold them in. Used a step stool to enter and exit coach.
2. The board that controls the steps burned out.
3. Their supposed 30K paint job already fading above the awnings.
4. Power awning got stuck in open position at a camp ground in the keys.
5. Covers around headlights started to peel.off.
6. Just this week one of the headlight plastic cover fell.off.
7. The digital screen has frozen and no longer working. This screen controls everything in the coach from ac to water heater Nd.lights.
8. The luggage automatic tray locked up while it was outside the coach.
9. The sofa bed couch mechanism got stuck and would not open.
10. TPS system is all screwes up and gives incorrect tire pressure readings.
11. The collison buzer malfunctioned during a trip and we had to listen to the deafening soound while on a trip.
12.the generator crapped out and we had to call entegra to trouble shoot.
13. Kitchen cabinet would not stay closed.
14.living room tv almost fell off and was hanging by just 1 screw.
15.wood piece fell off in the master bathroom.
16. Storage compartment above fire place fell off again after they had fixed it.
17. Water leak under kitchen sink.
18. Door to the outside tv sticks and is hard to open.
19. Tv door in master bedroom keeps flying open while driving.
20..shower door not openinh and had to be fixed.
This is a beautiful coachband has every option, however it comes with lots of ugly problems. I regret not getting another Newmar. Nemars cost more for a reason. I am just lucky to still have warranty otherwise this coach would have ended up costing me maybe as much as Newmar King coach.
These are the problem i can think of from the top of my head. I am sure in am forgetting a few since their have been so.many.
My advice is not to buy any Entegra brand. I own the most expensive model Cornerstone and i have had so many issues.
LimoKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 07:45 PM   #38

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Mike View Post
Oh please share all the information you can.

Thanks
Do a search of my posts back in 2014, there will be a months worth of reading and photo viewing,

Entegra bent over backwards to make it right, so much so, I have purchased newer units since then.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 03:32 AM   #39

Limo King Entegra problems

Hello, I'm not an Entegra owner but in two DP purchases, it has been our #2 brand. I'm not a fan of MH dealer service in General but I would make an appointment and drive your rig back to the factory and let them go through it top to bottom to make it the coach you expected. All these happy Entegra owners can't be wrong. Good Luck
dbteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 06:43 AM   #40

Basically what Gary Jones said is accurate. Some may interpret it differently, but at the end of the day Entegra stands behind their products, their Service department is the best IMO, Joyce Skinner is the best when it comes to making sure your taken care of by the service department. If I were to by another Entegra NIRVC would be my first choice of RV dealers.
I found most of our issues with the coach were the 3rd party products, with that said, most of the Entegra assembly issues were due to poor workmanship. cross threaded and loose bolts and nuts, misaligned hardware, poor floor tile installation, incorrect products used to install water system and damaged cabinets due to improperly installed screws. I have the skills to repair or install most of the items corrected, but many people do not and waiting for technical support may be an issue. That is why I suggest National Indoor RV Centers. The owner Brett is always improving their service.
billb3672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 04:49 PM   #41

Funny how many Entegra owners know Joyce on a first name basis. 38500 miles and 3 years and I have never talked to anybody at Newmar or Freightliner. Most trouble free coach ever. True, I could have bought a Aspire for about 45k less, or a Anthem for about the same price. Nobody should by a new coach without taking a serious look at Newmar.
Old 05-10-2021, 07:09 PM   #42

And I hear ya TUCSONRAIL, but in the opinion of a first time shopper, NEWMAR does not have the floor plans Entegra offers. And obviously a personal opinion.
RVWandering is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra