Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2014, 09:39 AM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
Set aside the ride and handling differences, because they just are not that large, but Freightliner and any RV manufacturer using their chassis is facing a large problem with service centers. Many of the Freightliner service center are rejecting to work on motorhomes, regardless of being in warranty or not. I've grown very frustrated with Freightliner and their lack of concern over the problem. I would have preferred Spartan initially, but as stated above, Newmar stopped using Spartan on the Dutch line, coupled with the many, many Freightliner centers nation wide, I thought it would be advantageous if and when I needed service. I'm here to tell you, that's not the case.

I spent time at the Freightliner booth in Tampa last week and they told us that service centers are independent franchise's and don't have to work on RV's, but said to call the hotline and they would help finding alternatives on a case by case basis. What a giant PITA!

Wrong answer for me! I'm going Spartan next time.
MoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2014, 10:23 AM   #30

As we all know, both Newmar and Entegra are great coaches. HOWEVER, the trump card for me (among other outstanding differences including price) Newmar took themselves out of consideration for me when they went with the freightliner chassis because of the service issues. We had OTR trucks for years and freight liner was ALWAYS a pain in the rear to get timely service. They basically bought the truck market by undercutting everyone on long term leases for millions of trucks and overwhelmed the service centers, and they have never recovered. That coupled with the fact that most of them do not want to work on RVs effectively eliminated Newmar from consideration. Spartan, on the other hand, while they do not have a ton of service centers, will bend over backward to get your problems corrected and back on the road (sounds like Entegra customer service doesn't it). Everything put together(chassis, price, quality of materials and workmanship, features included as standard, customer service etc) made it an easy choice to go with Entegra for us. All JMHO
Old 01-22-2014, 11:41 AM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
One thing to add to that Gene.....I needed a Spartan part in a small town and NAPA had it. I was surprised and ask the counter person why they stocked it. His answer was their Fire Dept had Spartan chassis on there trucks so they stocked common parts for the Spartan. That was a nice bit of information.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:10 PM   #32
Moderator Emeritus

The Tiffin RV Network forum was started by a bunch of fire fighters. They had plenty to say about Spartan reliability and service versus Freightliner. There's a reason why critical mission places, like the military and firefighting services, lean towards Spartan. Interesting that the local NAPA store had the part though.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spartan