Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-11-2013, 09:29 PM   #57

Entegra Owners Club
You are right about the windows. Nice in the rain but not so nice for ventilation. But my Anthem has two not one ceiling fans.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-11-2013, 11:32 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDrider View Post
What year is your Phaeton? Just curious.

rklow13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:42 AM   #59

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by itgeekgal View Post
I had the opportunity to tour an Anthem last week. The tile and woodwork were amazing but I noticed the only ceiling vent fan was in the toilet room, we currently have 3 in our Phaeton. the Anthem windows are the flip up kind which would be awesome in the rain but overall don't provide the same ventilation as the slide windows that Tiffin uses. None of this would matter to the traveler who constantly uses the AC or heat, but we stay in weather zones that allow us to keep our windows open 80 - 90% of the time and use the fantastic fans daily. For me, I'm not sure I would be happy with the Anthem, but were still headed to their factory this spring...
Depending on which model you choose regarding the number of fans. Also the bedrooms have ceiling fans as well now. The windows were different, but not a deal breaker for us knowing the quality of the rest of the coach. With the number of fans we have, we figure we'll have plenty of cross ventilation and I really liked the frame-less windows, NO resealing and probably less wind noise. However those that want to let the outside in though the old style windows, then the windows might be a deal breaker.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:27 AM   #60

I wonder if maybe we could see comments posted from those out there that have gone the other way: Entegra to Tiffin.

Roger
__________________________________________________ _________________

2014 Anthem 42RBQ
rogelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:33 AM   #61

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogelling View Post
I wonder if maybe we could see comments posted from those out there that have gone the other way: Entegra to Tiffin.

Roger

2014 Anthem 42RBQ
I have been watching this thread from the start Rodger, very interesting. Your post might be best served on the Tiffin forum? This also will be interesting to watch.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:30 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogelling View Post

Roger

2014 Anthem 42RBQ

I Posted that question on the Tiffin RV Network Forum. I'll let you know the response.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:44 PM   #63

Entegra Owners Club
This probably sound snobbish, but I'd be amazed if you found any that have gone from Entegra to Tiffin.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:48 PM   #64

Well.....not snobbish , just that Tiffin has been around a LOT longer and there are WAY more opportunities to move to Entegra than from. Still, it will be interesting.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:52 PM   #65

I would think if you take into consideration the many thousands of Tiffins that are on the road and have been for so many years compared to the 1000 Entegra's the odd's are very thin that many if any have switched to Tiffin OR any other brand.
HDrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:59 PM   #66

Well, we know that bullheaded had a ton of problems with his Cornerstone and moved over to a Newmar, so that would be one that we know made the move.

I did put the disclaimer in my question as to the thousands of Tiffins out there and the few Entegras. I still think it is a valid question because there are some folks who will make a move regardless of the dollars involved. I'll keep you posted.

Ed
Old 11-13-2013, 03:04 PM   #67

Entegra Owners Club
Agree...don't think the numbers are large, because of the newness of Entegra compared to Tiffin. We do know of one switch from Entegra to Newmar.

I guess the thread bothers me somewhat because it promotes an us versus them discussion. The bottom line, in my view, is there are some that are very loyal to Tiffin, and they love, in particular, their Allegra Buses. Tiffin offers floor plans that Entegra doesn't. Entegra owners have a lot going for them as well. I the end, for me, the reviews from folks like Cruzer are what swayed me. JMHO
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:02 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Agree...don't think the numbers are large, because of the newness of Entegra compared to Tiffin. We do know of one switch from Entegra to Newmar.

I guess the thread bothers me somewhat because it promotes an us versus them discussion. The bottom line, in my view, is there are some that are very loyal to Tiffin, and they love, in particular, their Allegra Buses. Tiffin offers floor plans that Entegra doesn't. Entegra owners have a lot going for them as well. I the end, for me, the reviews from folks like Cruzer are what swayed me. JMHO
It was the same for me, Dave, I had some quality issues with the 2012 Allegro Bus that I thought I would take out of the equation prior to our retirement. I felt that the longevity of the Entegra would be better. That being said, we loved our bus and the DW still thinks we gave up galley and storage space. I can live with that. Our bus had issues but they were all easily correctable. When you have been building coaches for as long as Tiffin has, it is not hard to see they have pretty much perfected the use of space. After reading the Cruzer reviews I too decided to trade now before my bus depreciated to the point I couldn't afford a trade. Even though Tiffins may have QC issues, they build beautiful and great fun to own coaches that are a great value for the money. I just think Entegra is using their dollars a bit more wisely and I think Cruzer would agree.
rogelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:21 PM   #69

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin and Entegra- buy what you like

I'm not going to bash Tiffin or flaunt Entegra but I will say I think Tiffin has some nice floor plans and designs. I wish Entegra would offer some more variations. I like the Tiffin Bus 37 and 40 footer layouts and the idea of a smaller footprint. I wish Entegra would offer a 37-40 footer in a tag like the Newmar DutchStar. I think the interiors of the Tiffins are nicely done with decor. I really think Entegra needs to hire Tiffin's website designer....it is much nicer than Entegra. I talked to Joyce at Atlanta about their website and she said "... a lot of others have said that too". I think the paint jobs on the Entegras are spectacular. I can spot an Entegra coming the other way a mile away. The ride and quiet sound and the customer support in the Entegra are unmatched.

All that said I bought Entegra for various reasons and I'm happy.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:51 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
I'm not going to bash Tiffin or flaunt Entegra but I will say I think Tiffin has some nice floor plans and designs. I wish Entegra would offer some more variations. I like the Tiffin Bus 37 and 40 footer layouts and the idea of a smaller footprint. I wish Entegra would offer a 37-40 footer in a tag like the Newmar DutchStar. I think the interiors of the Tiffins are nicely done with decor. I really think Entegra needs to hire Tiffin's website designer....it is much nicer than Entegra. I talked to Joyce at Atlanta about their website and she said "... a lot of others have said that too". I think the paint jobs on the Entegras are spectacular. I can spot an Entegra coming the other way a mile away. The ride and quiet sound and the customer support in the Entegra are unmatched.

All that said I bought Entegra for various reasons and I'm happy.
I couldn't agree more. If Entegra had the Tiffins 42LH floorplan along with everything else that Entegra has to offer we would be living in one!!
HDrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tiffin