Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-31-2015, 05:29 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Why two inverters in the Anthem

Just wondering why Entegra is using two inverters in the Anthem? Makes some sense, but since inverters draw battery power, I am trying to make sure I understand the benefit of this when other brands seem to only offer the single 2800W.

I took the factory tour last week and forgot to ask this question. Found the new facility impressive. Hope the new line will also reflect a new level of attention to quality and the point of production.

Looking down the line at the 2016's stacked up and waiting to go to paint was interesting. I was a bit disappointed that they would not discuss the change for the 2016's, considering the info is already on this forum, as we invested the time to drive out there from NJ. But, in the end, not a big deal. The one suggestion I have for them is to pick up all the self tapping screws that are laying all over the factory floor, just untidy. One of the folks on the tour even pulled one from the drive wheels on the tag and gave it to the person running the tour

If someone has the answer to the inverter question that would be great.

Regards,

Jim
MoHoGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-31-2015, 05:58 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Your inverters are also chargers. Two inverters can charge your eight batteries nearly twice as fast as one inverter, resulting in shorter generator run times and saving fuel and noise.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 06:28 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
As for the quality concern. I can guarantee that it is better than a 2014 that was built during 30 below temps.

As Mark said, twice as many batteries, twice the inverters. Also nice if one goes out, you still have one working and still have some 110v available.

Also the 2016 changes that have been "leaked" here are still not etched in stone. Even Cruzer that has been working side by side with them during production on his coach has mentioned a few times about "rolling changes", then engineering has gone back to put it on paper.

After a couple of people with hard feelings, one with the 2015 entry steps, I think Entegra is now keeping quite until it's ready for release. I can't blame them. JMO
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 07:19 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Last year they disclosed details of the 2015's early, and a number of people cancelled pending orders for 2014's. They learned their lesson, and this year they are protecting the 2015's from early disclosure of 2016 details. Plus, it generates more excitement for the 2016 rollout. I think this is good business on their part.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 07:47 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
There also could be corporate spies from SOB dying to see what there competition is doing before it is released.
Old 05-31-2015, 07:50 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Absolutely can understand keeping a tight lip on the 2016 changes, though right now though we would not commit to a 2015 until we see what they are going to do and the price impact of doing it.

With regard to the leak, intentional or not, on the changes...during the factory tour we saw a whole line of completed 2016's. Therefore one would think, or at least hope, that these have be finalized.

Regarding quality, I think you can feel it in the new building. You can certainly see it in the materials they are putting in the coach.

Thanks for the info on the inverters.

rg

Jim
MoHoGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 08:37 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

There is one other benefit to two inverters. An inverter has an internal transfer switch that switches between incoming shore or generator power and battery sources power via the inverter. This transfer switch is generally rated at 50 amps so you can pass 50 amps of bypass power through to the inverter's sub-panel. That's equal to 6,000 watts of power. But when that incoming power isn't present the inverter will supply the power, which is only 2,800 watts in the case of a Magnum MS2812. By having two inverters you have 4,800 watts and don't have to compromise with what you are running when in inverter mode. However, it costs more to install two inverters and most other manufacturers would rather save the money because they feel that the buying public really doesn't appreciate why two is better.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 08:47 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Over the past few model years there have been changes to the "first" run so there are changes that happen. The first change that come to mind is the outside entertainment center on the first run 2014's, ceiling fans added in the bedroom, Boise sound systems. Entegra is never "finalized" they continue to improve.
Old 05-31-2015, 05:23 PM   #9

Chuck, I have been told by a very reliable source that Entegra is committed to quit making "rolling changes" moving forward. This makes a ton of sense from a lot of standpoints. It makes parts ordering later on much simpler, fewer customers complaining about not getting what they thought they ordered and others. Besides, Entegra coaches are maturing and there will be less need and justification for these rolling changes. JMHO 🚌🚓
Old 05-31-2015, 05:48 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Makes a lot of sense Gene and probably another reason to keep the lid on the 2016 until released. They may make "one more change" before the 2016 year model becomes public. Either way there will be no more, "I thought I was getting this." Smart move on Entegra's part. I had one of those moments with the Traveler Sat system and know what it is like.

With Ted Cook now being National Sales Manager, I am sure any questions can be answered correctly of what someone is buying when an order is placed.
Old 06-02-2015, 02:00 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Two inverters in the Anthem and Cornerstone gives you nearly all plugs on the inverters. With the Aspire with one inverter several plugs are not inverted.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter