Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-06-2021, 05:59 PM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Wanderers View Post
My original Thermostat info is:
P/N: BB7802
Date Code: J15
RVP # 9330-333

If needed, I can send mine into MicroAir if they pay for shipping.
Attachment 317260
OK, that's the same as mine. Officially it's 9330-3331 and appears to be a model unique to Entegra with the extended fan control.

Appreciate the offer to send Microair your tstat, they will definitely pay for shipping both ways. But I have my system stabilized now thanks to your tip, so I can send mine in. I'll talk with Microair on Monday and will be in touch with you if needed. I'll let you know when the fixes are available.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2021, 08:31 AM   #30

I will have to pull mine and check.
We don’t run the fans by themselves very often so I usually have them in the off position.
Using the auto setting and let the fans do their thing when using heat pumps or ac.
I will also check and play with the settings
Tom
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 09:07 AM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Looks very cool. I do not like the controls of my Dometic CCC2. This could be just what the doctor ordered.

VoltDoc keep us informed as to what is going on with this thermostat. Also how to get any discounts that are available.

Thanks
Old 02-07-2021, 09:16 AM   #32
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
WiFi enabled thermostat? Looks more like a problem looking for a possible solution. Just more complications in the controls.

I am all for automation, but you can get too much automation for things to work properly.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 09:35 AM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevandtomH View Post
I will have to pull mine and check.
We don’t run the fans by themselves very often so I usually have them in the off position.
Using the auto setting and let the fans do their thing when using heat pumps or ac.
I will also check and play with the settings
Tom
Tom, I ask because the ability to control the fans in the electric and gas modes is unique and the current version of the Easy Touch misbehaves when used on an Entegra. For example, in gas mode the roof fans come on and run continuously. There is a sort of workaround for now, but we are getting close to a proper fix.

If your tstat does NOT allow the fan control in gas mode, its possible one of the existing models will work.
Old 02-07-2021, 09:40 AM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfer Guy View Post
Looks very cool. I do not like the controls of my Dometic CCC2. This could be just what the doctor ordered.

VoltDoc keep us informed as to what is going on with this thermostat. Also how to get any discounts that are available.

Thanks
There may already be an Easy Touch for you, check out this link:

https://www.micro-air.com/tools/easy...orV2/step1.cfm

I asked about a group discount but no offers yet...
Old 02-07-2021, 10:01 AM   #35

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
WiFi enabled thermostat? Looks more like a problem looking for a possible solution. Just more complications in the controls.

I am all for automation, but you can get too much automation for things to work properly.

Ken
Yes you've already mentioned that in this thread.
To each his own.

I will say though the Easy Touch is MUCH easier to operate even without the remote connectivity. The Airxcel requires about 10 button presses to switch between heat modes, the Easy Touch two or three screen taps.

The display is way better also, bright, clear and in color with large characters and icons. Plus it displays multiple items simultaneously, for example you can see the actual temp and the set temp at the same time. Can't do that on the Airxcel, you need to wait for the timeout to expire to see the actual temp.

The Airxcel wins the prize for one of the worst user interfaces conceivable, even when you know about all its quirks, using it can be frustrating.
Old 02-07-2021, 11:51 AM   #36

Voltdoc- Ok, here is my part numberClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0202.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	279.9 KB
ID:	317361
I’ll have to check the function with the fans closer to end of day. Going to be in the 70’s here. ( not complaining)
Tom
Old 02-07-2021, 03:24 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltdoc View Post

The Airxcel wins the prize for one of the worst user interfaces conceivable, even when you know about all its quirks, using it can be frustrating.
You got that right - I hate that thing. I'm most anxious for this new T-Stat to get to the market in a stable form. I sincerely appreciate you guys that volunteer to be guinea pigs for the rest of us.
NomadRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 04:31 PM   #38

Voltdoc; I do not have fan function when in gas mode.
The only fan function I get is on AC.

If you know through your findings they have a controller that may work, I would be willing to try/test it.

Thanks.
Tom
Old 02-07-2021, 04:48 PM   #39

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post

Ken
Interesting but.............. WHO FREAKIN' CARES
2006 Alpenlite 32RL - Sold
paul65k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 08:53 PM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by voltdoc View Post
There may already be an Easy Touch for you, check out this link:

https://www.micro-air.com/tools/easy...orV2/step1.cfm

I asked about a group discount but no offers yet...
Just ordered the new thermostat, I'll let you know what I think after the install.
Old 02-08-2021, 05:42 AM   #41

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevandtomH View Post
Voltdoc- Ok, here is my part numberAttachment 317361
I’ll have to check the function with the fans closer to end of day. Going to be in the 70’s here. ( not complaining)
Tom

Tom, Microair lists an 8330 but not with the D331 suffix. Suggest you send them a note at help@microair.net and attach that photo (and probably one of the front) and maybe mention you don't have fan control in heat mode. The folks there have been very helpful. If you have a manual for that exact model they will be very interested in seeing that too. Let us know what happens.
Old 02-08-2021, 06:07 AM   #42

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadRider View Post
You got that right - I hate that thing. I'm most anxious for this new T-Stat to get to the market in a stable form. I sincerely appreciate you guys that volunteer to be guinea pigs for the rest of us.
Mike, what version do you have? Probably the same as mine 9330-333? You can find the part number on the back of the tstat, or like in my case I had to unscrew the mounting plate and it was on the back of that.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gxWqe3WyrhZJkmRD8

Below is a short video of how to remove it. I noticed the tab at the bottom has a place for a screw so just make sure there isn't one in there (mine didn't have one).

https://youtu.be/Nj-pAWYCgqI

I'm hoping the fan issue will get worked out in the next week or two, I'll probably be sending my Airxcel to Microair so they can reverse engineer it. They already have the setup to read the RS-485 network traffic, so it sounded like once they have this model in hand it shouldn't take very long. There's a strong possibility the changes to the Easy Touch can be done remotely too and I won't need to return it.

Will post back here with progress.

Tags
air, coleman, led, thermostat, wifi