Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-03-2021, 06:29 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les1951 View Post
I believe most of the newer Newmars have fixed ( non-opening )windows throughout the house . The drivers window is similar to Entegra’s. As leaky as my Anthem windows are, I prefer the ability to open a window.
Ditto here. With a fixed windows, you are totally dependent on your HVAC and power systems for comfort. An operating window provides air backup as well as welcome fresh air. I have no complains about my windows, except that they don’t open wide enough for sufficient fresh air. But then again, I don’t use the coach in sub-zero temperatures.
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2021, 06:46 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
IMO for what you pay for these rigs.... but these units are about profit to a limited market... even though it is growing..

most of this market is for seasonal or weekend warrior use,,

they do cost as much as many homes if not more in some markets..

Industry has no standards other than... if it looks cool and has bling factor it sells..
Only does seasoned RV user learn the differences and build his/her list of real world wants and desires butt hen again that is clouded by its use or purpose and owners.. Practical stuff is low on most lists...

Not knocking the RV owner or ones status, wealth or good nature.. not my intend..But like the question , what about MPG,, answers are if you have to ask you arent rready for an RV... sad but true in most of this wack world..
Point being if you can afford these things.. many are up in pricing and we all see the gadgets... the finishes.. not really the operations, longevity or practical use... never mind cost per day per use.. maintence,..

The user is spread ,, from a guy like me 12-16 weekends and 2weeker maybe.. to what I once was a season stay in one place April 1 to Oct 1..
Many friends traverse the states , staying one place for days or weeks.. Some like the Boondocking scene, 90% of my stuff is primative offroad now..
then we have the snow bird RV users,, only nice or fair weather travelers..

In reality all RVs would benefit from good windows , like in a house, good seals, letsheat in in cool temps and keeps hot out in high temps.. BUT then we have more design woes, tighted up any RV to make it temp tight , you introduceanother factor of condensation in these tiny boxes, any less that perfect wall, air space or seam becomes a water trap or collection point when the RV is used in certain areas of varied temperatures...
RV's were once a fair weather, nice climate product that god used then placed in storage till next season etc.. Now they are pushed to new limits..

OK, i get way too much info overload.. Happy New Year and dang it, enjoy that RV
sibe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 06:56 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimRacer View Post
I concur with the comments about MARVIN Infinity windows from Larry and Bruce. I like ours more the colder it gets.

Perhaps the concern about the ENTEGRA windows can be addressed in the future by THOR Industries expanding TIFFIN's window factory for use across all owned brands. Just a thought for the future.
Well, not so sure about that as "Thor" will likely cheapen the windows even more for the bottom line. Thor has a reputation of less than stellar
in the quality department
Old 01-03-2021, 08:48 AM   #18

well, FWIW, I tightened things up considerably with some teardrop bulb seal, applying it on top of the OEM bulb such that it sits out 1/16' past it. Now when the windows close they compress it making for a better seal. If anyone is interested, I'll take some pics and post them.
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 09:20 AM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Lenny
Having owned both pre and post Thor Entegra’s I’m curious as to what items have been changed for the bottom line. If you can state with facts, I will discuss with Entegra management at our scheduled visit in May.
I might also be interested in your opinion of perceived quality of Airstream travel trailers as Thor Industries has owned them I believe since 1980.
Old 01-03-2021, 09:34 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
well, FWIW, I tightened things up considerably with some teardrop bulb seal, applying it on top of the OEM bulb such that it sits out 1/16' past it. Now when the windows close they compress it making for a better seal. If anyone is interested, I'll take some pics and post them.

I would appreciate seeing some pictures and having more detail. Maybe material source(s) as well? Much appreciated!
Coulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 09:40 AM   #21

Are the windows drafty, perhaps. Are they tight enough, well maybe.

When we did extensive remodeling in our stick and bricks home, I wanted to do it right. We took the entire main level down to the studs and removed all supporting walls because Ginny wanted the "open" look. In the process we put in a new Viking stove hood. The HVAC guy was worried. He said that the Viking hood was so strong he worried if the furnace would operate correctly since the house was so tight.

The Entegras are very well insulated. Could it be that the air leaks from the windows are a non-issue? A 45 foot tube completely sealed might not be a good thing. Maybe there's a happy medium.
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 09:56 AM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenny-shawna View Post
Well, not so sure about that as "Thor" will likely cheapen the windows even more for the bottom line. Thor has a reputation of less than stellar
in the quality department
Kind of like Winnebago, the owner of Newmar. Speaking from experience I owned Winnebago and why I don't own one now. JMO all manufacture have gone to the bottom line, nothing more. It is a shame we do not have a Pella or MARVIN product line in the RV industry, but we do not. They all use the same junk window manufactures.
BTW the Thor owned Entegra, the quality improved over the Jayco owned Entegra. Speaking from experience, I owned each one of those too.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 10:51 AM   #23

Foretravel Owners Club
Our 19 year old coach still has the OEM "dual pane w/slider" windows thru-out..
So far so good... [And I really like the ability to open all the windows and air the shack out]
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 11:29 AM   #24

Quote:
Avidly interested. Please do.

1993 Rockwood 28' Class C - Ford E-350 7.5L
Bobby F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 11:55 AM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Bruce, please do post that fix. Coming from an expert, that would be very welcomed.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 01:34 PM   #26

Here are a few pictures.

First there are huge gaps in the OEM bulb seals as illustrated. First gas are in the secondary, inboard most bulb. I filled them with some 1/4" foam folded to make up the gap. I just shoved em in the holes. On the outboard most bulb there is a gap which extends almost the entire length of the area underneath the sash. I used the same 1/4 foam there.

Then on the secondary build I simply added the tear drop bulb extending past the oem such that it compresses slightly when the sash is closed. I was not able to run in on the bottom due to the pivot arms. They get in the way. I found that filling the outboard area with the 1/4" foam would suffice. Otherwise the tear drop bulb extends across the top both sides and the first few inches of the bottom.

Make sure you clean all the surfaces with some alcohol so the 3m tape sticks well. I have no idea how long this will last. Due to temp swings it may come loose over time, but the initial result is a better seal and less drafts.

If anyone has any questions PM me.

Happy camping
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4251.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	313314   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4252.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	313315  

Name:	IMG_4257.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	313316   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4258.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	313317  

Name:	IMG_4260.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	313318   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4261.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	313319  

Name:	IMG_4262.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	313320  
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 02:03 PM   #27

Quote:
Here are a few pictures.
Thank you. For myself, I just have the old felt-covered-foam channels that have flattened with age, but these pics give me some ideas for a rebuild.

1993 Rockwood 28' Class C - Ford E-350 7.5L
Bobby F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 03:08 PM   #28

Quote:
Here are a few pictures.

Thank you for sharing!
Coulter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cold weather, wind, window