Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2022, 07:52 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Wine Fridge Warning

We had an issue today while driving.
Our 2022 Cornerstone F floor plan has a wine fridge.

It came open today while we were driving. 4 bottles of wine flew out. 1 broke open.

Excessive speed = no.
Sharp Corner = no.
Just some bumps on the Ohio turnpike.

It sounded terrible. Then my wife said a wine bottle broke. About the time I pulled over and stopped wine flowed on the floor by the gas and brake pedal.

We cleaned up what we could. Put the other bottles in the sink. We drove on to an exit where we could park and extend the slides. Red Wine in the carpet and all over the floor.

Good news is we had resolve carpet cleaner. All cleaned up well.

Note to others: the wine fridge does not have a lock. I need to add a lock or get Entegra to add a lock. The fridge, freezer, dish washer, etc…. All lock. The wine fridge does not lock. Warning - This is not a good design.

On the humor side: The two cheats bottles of white wine we bought yesterday fell out of the wine fridge but did not break. But our best bottle of Napa Cab broke. Lucky for us we had a spare. When it rains it can poor. When I opened the other Cabernet for dinner the darn cork broke off in the bottle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4C820757-C3C3-4A3C-B300-980FC11DA902.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	342.5 KB
ID:	365565  
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2022, 08:25 PM   #2

What? We always wait to get to our destination before stocking with wine, and then usually there isn’t any left by the time we’re headed home.
Old 05-15-2022, 09:04 PM   #3

My wife and I virtually ONLY drink red wine...... We just like reds more than whites. And one thing we were "turned onto" many years ago was a product called "Wine Away - Red Wine Stain remover".

As red wine drinkers, we have on occasion spilled some on our carpet here in the house (knocked over a partially filled glass etc.) and some on our carpets in the coach. Now, I can't say that clear enough.... Wine Away will save your carpets or your clothes or your good suit coat or your wife's expensive evening dress. It is a fantastic product.

It will completely remove red wine stains on anything that we have tried it on. Its FANTASTIC. Believe me..... buy some and you will never be without it. It works both on wet and dried carpet stains.

You can find it on Amazon and you can find it on EBay. You can also find it in some liquor/wine stores. It appears to be somehow involved with citrus products as it has a citric smell when it is applied to the stain. It first turns the red wine stain purple, and then over the next 5 - 10 seconds, the stain simply vanishes. Its an amazing product.

If you are a red wine drinker, this is the product to have. We always have several bottles in storage on both the bus and in the house, just in case.

Gary
Attached Images

Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 09:09 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
We put one of these on the door of our wine cooler after the door came open a few times while driving.... inexpensive and only latched when we're moving.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2006 Alpenlite 32RL - Sold
paul65k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 07:03 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I ordered the wine away from Amazon. Hopefully now that will mean we will never need it. That will be good but a spill is inevitable.

I tried to order the safety lock for the wine fridge from Amazon but it is out of stock. I put a Velcro latch on for now until I get a permanent fix in place.

Looking back I do not know what I was thinking. Or what Entegra was thinking. Of course the wine fridge needs a lock or it will come open. Lesson Learned.
Old 05-16-2022, 07:19 AM   #6

Chateau du Cardboard is our daily……
2017 Jeep JKU
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 07:23 AM   #7

Tom

I didn't know anyone else was drinking the same wine.

What vintage are you working on now? I believe ours is July, 2021, which is vintage stuff!

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 08:36 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Hal, What about the refrigerator latches, can one be put on the wine cooler?
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 09:07 AM   #9

Trust me when I say there are more things than you can imagine that will fly open under certain circumstances. Some of you may recall the various tests I did with Reyco Granning and Bilstein when they were evaluating the impact of an anti-sway bar and reconfigured shocks on our 2018 Cornerstone.

The road tests out to Bartlett Lake and back weren't too bad, but when we ran the various emergency maneuver tests in a large area of asphalt out at Phoenix Raceway, the first hour or so was consumed with tying things down, using pillows & blankets to block doors & drawers, etc.

Short version: Anything that can be opened up under normal circumstances has a distinct possibility of flying open under extreme circumstances. One example of something I never even thought about was the TV in the bedroom. In the B plan, that TV is mounted on a hinged panel. Pull on one end of the TV, the panel swings out, revealing a compartment and safe behind. It takes some force to open the panel under normal circumstances. A couple of emergency lane change tests and it not only flew open, it did so with enough force to dislodge the screws holding the rod that was supposed to limit how far the panel & TV could swing out.

And that was just one of numerous events of a similar nature. By the time we were done the inside of the coach looked like a bunker in a war zone!
2018 Entegra Cornerstone 45B
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 09:28 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevandtomH View Post
Chateau du Cardboard is our daily……
We liked how the box wines stacks in all kinds of locations! But now that we've reduced our wine budget to cover Diesel - we've not been too pleased with the 'Bag-O-Wine's' - as they tend to roll around when going thru S curves... My genius DW now has a new rule. That we consume all wines before departure...

Starts us off with a good glow... But really cuts into our travel distance each day, as we need more frequent restroom stops - and I find I need a nap around 10:00AM.... BUT, we have had zero problems with wine spoilage since adopting this procedure!!!

(Luckily, my Scotch Stash has not yet been found by the DW... THAT would be a very hard start of a day...).

-===-

Glad no one got cut with flying glass pieces, and that the wine came out of the carpet for you...

Best to the Entegra gang,
Smitty
(SOB)
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 01:20 PM   #11

DW is kind of partial to the Big Sipper(house brand) at Total Wine.
We keep a few nicer bottles for better occasions under the bed.
When unlocking the coach, those Jeep bumpers are nice and flat. My Turvis tumbler went for a ride. Found it in the ditch outside the resort. The tumbler’s road rashes only adds to aging that fine cheap wine.
2017 Jeep JKU
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 04:52 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
A funny group for sure. We are not quite ready to go to boxed or bagged wine. Maybe we are just a little wine snobby.

I am going to try to add a latch similar to what is on the fridge. Something that holds good and stainless steel so it will match.

If that does not work I might have to try boxed wine but my wife would likely veto that quickly.

Sometimes it is fun to have first world “Fun” problems…..
Old 05-16-2022, 05:06 PM   #13

Alpine Owners Club
So............. if there ever was a wine snob, it's me. We have a 600 Bottle cellar at our S&B but I gotta say we have been drinking Costco's Kirkland Cabernet in the box when we just want an everyday drinking wine.

It' the equivalent of 4 bottles in each box, and if you only want one or 2 glasses it stays completely sealed so no need to vacuum seal the other 1/2 of the bottle.

Sure we keep 6-8 really nice bottles in the coach wine cooler but you can't beat the box for everyday wine when you're on the road
2006 Alpenlite 32RL - Sold
paul65k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 05:20 PM   #14

We have a fairly well stocked cellar at home but do use Cardbordeau on boat & motorhome.
Red wine clean up tip...
I spilled 1/3-1/2;bottle of red on white upholstery fabric
Dumped salt (from box not shaker) on ASAP. It absorbs moisture very well and you can watch it change colors.
After it seems to gave done its absorption job vacuum or sweep it up..
Blot any residue w paper towels
Apply hydrogen peroxide and wait 10-15 min and blot that up
The H2O2 is great at removing any remaining stains on clothes as well.., it's essentially a non- chlorine bleach... yes check a spot but we haven't found fabrics that are bleached by the H2O2
It also works well for any blood stains.
Next AM couldn't find any evidence
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge, warning