Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-27-2019, 04:28 PM   #1

Wine storage in an Anthem 44B/W

We are in the process of shopping Dutch Stars and Anthems for our next coach. Kitchen usability is massively important for us. In fact that's one (of many) reasons Entegras are on the list. Anyway, where do folks store their wine? We often will visit a winery and do on occasion find a vintage that warrants a case (or 2 ). Anyway storing the basement could be problematic (heat wise).

So where do you keep yours?
Driveby is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-27-2019, 04:44 PM   #2

Bottom shelf of the pantry in our W floor plan.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 05:00 PM   #3

For longer time lay down we put cases under the bed. Ready use is bottom of cabinet between frig and table.
GrandPaPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 05:12 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driveby View Post
We are in the process of shopping Dutch Stars and Anthems for our next coach. Kitchen usability is massively important for us. In fact that's one (of many) reasons Entegras are on the list. Anyway, where do folks store their wine? We often will visit a winery and do on occasion find a vintage that warrants a case (or 2 ). Anyway storing the basement could be problematic (heat wise).

Under Jack-knife coach in our RBQ.
HarleySG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 05:24 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Wine storage in an Anthem 44B/W

We are not wine drinkers but we have friends who "repurposed" the printer cabinet (B model next to the fireplace) into a wine rack. And didn't I see a wine cooler as an option in one of the 2020 models?

Edit: Just looked back at the floorplans and it must have been a mod that showed a wine fridge. But looking at our 19 B plan, if you relocate your subwoofer to behind the fireplace (as we did) you could use two of the cabinets below the table as wine racks and store a lot of wine. And you'd still have the full pantry and one cabinet left under the table. And if you're looking at a 20 model, add the hutch for even more room for storage. Then there's the under the bed storage...you could have a REALLY good trip! [emoji847][emoji847]
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 05:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgoldie View Post
We are not wine drinkers but we have friends who "repurposed" the printer cabinet (B model next to the fireplace) into a wine rack. And didn't I see a wine cooler as an option in one of the 2020 models?
Yes, wine cooler is optional on W floor plan.
Old 10-27-2019, 05:31 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Several places, under the bed. As Linda said the printer cabinet, leave the slider in and the wine can pull out to you. Under the dinette table, move the sub-woofer, it's wireless, to behind the fireplace, It's an easy job and the plug is already there. Lot of room at the bottom of the pantry on the B as well.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 05:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgoldie View Post
Yes, wine cooler is optional on W floor plan, with a cabinet, instead of passenger side sofa.
Old 10-27-2019, 05:48 PM   #9

We use our dishwasher. if I need to be careful of the temps, We use the outside fridge.
Old 10-27-2019, 06:08 PM   #10

Spartan Chassis
Under the bed. We use these:

https://www.amazon.com/Storvino-Nero...2221061&sr=8-1

Three of these fit easily under one side of the bed. They’re very sturdy and make transport to and from the coach easy.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 06:22 PM   #11

Finally! A thread about something REALLY important!

We have a storage cabinet area next to the cabinet for the washer/dryer (which we don't have) that holds wine, liquor and various accessories.

Eventually, as we travel for longer periods of time, I see a renovation involving a wine cooler and bar ...
Oldmso54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 06:57 PM   #12

The compartments to the right and left of the dinette in our 45B Cornerstone serve as our booze and wind cellar. The bottom right area (had a dumb printer pull out printer stand in our 19 Cornerstone that has been removed and is now sitting in my attic) has mostly selection of half gallon bottles of liquor for the "bar". My wife made up spongy wrappers with velcro patches sewn on them which we wrap around the bottles so each bottle has a thin foam protective wrap. We store them neck up. Dee and I drink very little liquor but I like to have all the standard main types on the coach for visitors. That takes about half the bottom of that compartment. The other half of the compartment contains our collection of wine bottles. Again, each bottle is stored neck up (I know, that is not the best, but we don't drink the best fine wines either ) and each bottle is stored wrapped in the same foam wrap around the bottles. This has worked well and keeps everything at the same temp that is comfortable for us inside the coach.

If we find a case of something special or simply want to stock up on wine, we again wrap each bottle in a foam jacket and those are stored laying down in the bottom or middle shelf to the left of the dinette table on our 45B. I can probably get 10-12 bottles on their side in that area. We then pack any extra space above the bottles with extra bath towels or paper towel rolls or whatever it takes to keep everything from banging around glass on glass.

Pat Bauer made a nice wine rack under the bed in his 15 Anthem, but that was too much work for us, and we use that area for extra dry food storage. Our system has worked fine up to now (5 years). I think the foam "jackets" are really important to the system.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 07:35 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driveby View Post

I built two compartments under the bed in a space which was not used. I can comfortably store 14 bottles. I use neoprene cases to protect the bottles. This area stays cool year round.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9ECCE893-31C7-4050-BFD2-3D8BC91D13B2.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	210.3 KB
ID:	265064  
rorr1821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 12:01 PM   #14

We bought a small freestanding bar cabinet from Wayfair. It has a door, a drawer, and a pull out cutting board. A wine rack could be installed in the bottom behind the door. I put some good swivel wheels on it. When we are rolling it is covered with a blanket and goes between the bed and the rear bathroom door. When we are standing it is placed on the wall by the refrigerator, handy for ice and such also makes good use of wasted wall space. I think I may have posted pictures of it but don't remember. We make good use of it.
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anthem, storage