Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-10-2014, 11:49 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Winegard Dish Setup Problems

I can hook up the Shaw satellite receiver to the bedroom TV and get picture but not sound. What are the proper connections for coax and HDMI for the bedroom TV? The TV in the bedroom only has 2 HDMI connections which are both being used by the Blueray and the Input From Sat Receiver.

At the main TV I cannot get a signal at the satellite receiver at all despite being locked to both satellites ( 111 and 107) on the Winegard box. What are the proper connections at the main TV for coax and HDMI?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2014, 03:15 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Don

I had similar issues with swapping my factory DirectTV Travlr into a Dish.

First question: Was your system built for a Shaw network system from Entegra. I'm not sure but I think that you would have a Shaw metal reflector and Shaw feed arms.

If so, is the Winegard control box configured for receiving Shaw. You have to configure the control box via menu.

When my RV was delivered I changed all the above the last step was to disconnect the parts that make the cabling work for SWM type DirectTV receivers. My sat receiver would identify the proper satellites but my cable box would not pickup the valid satellites. In the storage bay near the water pump is where the cabling is routed from the roof and distributed. I disconnected the power injector (a black box connected to a 110v plug and has cable connections in/out) and use a coupling. This way the sat signal comes straight from the roof to your main TV box. Unfortunately if Shaw is like Dish there is not a second cable run from the dish to the back TV.

As far as no sound but with a good picture my suggestion is play around with the Bose Soundbar setup.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:53 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
Don

I had similar issues with swapping my factory DirectTV Travlr into a Dish.

First question: Was your system built for a Shaw network system from Entegra. I'm not sure but I think that you would have a Shaw metal reflector and Shaw feed arms.

If so, is the Winegard control box configured for receiving Shaw. You have to configure the control box via menu.

When my RV was delivered I changed all the above the last step was to disconnect the parts that make the cabling work for SWM type DirectTV receivers. My sat receiver would identify the proper satellites but my cable box would not pickup the valid satellites. In the storage bay near the water pump is where the cabling is routed from the roof and distributed. I disconnected the power injector (a black box connected to a 110v plug and has cable connections in/out) and use a coupling. This way the sat signal comes straight from the roof to your main TV box. Unfortunately if Shaw is like Dish there is not a second cable run from the dish to the back TV.

As far as no sound but with a good picture my suggestion is play around with the Bose Soundbar setup.
Dave:

Yes factory Shaw set up. Winegard box is all configured and receiving satellites.

After chasing down coax cables all day yesterday I found that there was no signal running to the main TV. Wiring in basement was wrong. For those that have two receivers with their traveller dish how many coax cables are connected at the dish? My installation instructions say one for each receiver but they only ran one coax down from the dish....hmmmm. Entegra coax drawings show 2 coax from dish, one to main TV and one to the bedroom TV.

How do you get HDMI from the rear satellite receiver to the TV if all the ports are already used?

Confused!!!

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:45 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 757driver View Post
Dave:

How do you get HDMI from the rear satellite receiver to the TV if all the ports are already used?

Confused!!!
I got a switch at Radio Shack. Two HDMI's in and one out. Essentially a splitter for input vice output
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:19 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
FWIW, when they installed my Traveller, we used the two cables coming off the In Motion Dish and ran them back to the Traveller (for Dish)...so yes, two receivers, two cables down, no change to the internal receiver wiring. Only difference, ran a new power cables to the Traveller dish controller.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:53 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
My antenna has only one RG-6 cable running to the roof because that is all that is required for a DirectTV setup. Any other type of SAT system will need additional cables if multiple receivers are desired.

When I ordered my RV I tried to pay to get an extra cable run to each receiver and the Entegra production people said no. I sent a long email explanning how this issue would arise later with customers and the cost was very low (under $50). As this occurs more often perhaps Entegra will reconsider this decision.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:14 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
On my 2014 Aspire, I only had the in motion dome. There is 1 coax hookup for the in motion dome at each tv. There is also 1 extra coax behind the satellite plate on each tv that runs to the basement. It was behind the wall where the plate for the satellite hookup comes in at each tv. There were also 3 more coax run from roof for the Traveler pre-wire that run to the same place in basement beside the inverter. When I installed my Traveler it made the wiring pretty painless once I found the extra coaxes.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:20 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Glad I have DirecTV as the coach wiring system is set up for it and installing my 2 DTV receivers was a snap.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:17 AM   #9

I'm in the process of having a Winegard Traveler and Shaw Direct set up installed. I was told if you had any issues with the Shaw set up while in the States you would not get any support.

Let us know what happens if you do end up calling them please.

Cheers,
Dan
Old 06-13-2014, 06:58 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Glad I have DirecTV as the coach wiring system is set up for it and installing my 2 DTV receivers was a snap.
What are the issues we'll have with Direct when we are in Canada later this summer? I know you've been there so maybe you can give me a head's up or just tell me to forget TV while we're there.

Thanks
Old 06-13-2014, 07:46 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltydog44 View Post
What are the issues we'll have with Direct when we are in Canada later this summer? I know you've been there so maybe you can give me a head's up or just tell me to forget TV while we're there.

Thanks
Unless things have changed in the past couple years, you will get Direct TV in the Southern part of Canada but once your 3 or 4 hours North no more signal.
Old 06-13-2014, 02:56 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
X2 but that was several years ago.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 11:16 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
My advice when buying a new Entegra. Accept the dome from the factory and get a real good satellite guy to install your Winegard Travlr from Dish or Shaw afterwards!!!
Old 06-14-2014, 09:24 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanInAlberta View Post
Unless things have changed in the past couple years, you will get Direct TV in the Southern part of Canada but once your 3 or 4 hours North no more signal.
Sounds like Jasper is out of the question, but we hope to be so enthralled that we won't even think of the TV!

Thanks for the feedback.

Tags
dish