Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2016, 04:16 AM   #15

I think the OP'S main concern is that the in Motion dish will work with Bell but not with Shaw as a service provider. He, like me, is a Canadian. If you are a Bell subscriber in Canada when you cross the border to the US you lose your service. He needs I think to do what we did which is switch to the Canadian Trav'ler. Then his service will work, at least till they change things, both in Canada and the US. We had our 2012 conversion done a couple years ago at a Camping World in Maine at reasonable cost. No issues and everything works fine. If you are Canadian and buying new you would likely order the Canadian Trav'ler option up front. Some of these cross border issues cause us frustration in what one would think would be a fairly easy problem to resolve.
bill2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2016, 07:31 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Flora

Does the Entegra supplied "In Motion" dome work with Dish service or does it need to be modified?

For some reason I thought the Dome was only for Direct.

With Dish and the Dome do you get HD?

Thanks

Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora View Post
We still have the In Motion on our Anthem. We figured we'd upgrade to a Traveler if we had problems. We never did, even on the road for 6 months. We don't have young kids and don't use the In Motion (although we did once just to try it out, and it worked great) but why pay extra for something if you don't have to? We use Dish both at home and on the road, and the setup gives us a great picture. No complaints here.
MoHoGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 08:15 AM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHoGo View Post
Does the Entegra supplied "In Motion" dome work with Dish service or does it need to be modified?

The dome comes from Entegra set for Direct. Flip 1 or 2 DIP switches at the dome to set it for Dish.

Direct in SD only but you get Dish in HD. That was the deciding factor for us to go with Dish. Our next coach will have a Traveler but we will likely stay with Dish.

Vance & Robin
Dexter and Winston - Old English Sheepdog Security Service
2014 Entegra Anthem 42DEQ
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 08:48 AM   #18

Quote:

Jim,

If the in motion dome Entegra used is the RoadTrip Mission, here are the instructions http://www.winegard.com/help/images/0/02/2452219.pdf Note that if you're in an area that doesn't receive Dish sat 129, you'd apparently need to get up on the roof and set the switches for "Dish Hybrid".

If on the new coaches Entegra is using the new RoadTrip T-4 (which apparently came out this year), here are those instructions http://www.winegard.com/help/images/c/cd/2452356.pdf As you'll see, there's no "Dish Hybrid" setting on this one.

One thing I'm seeing in both these manuals is that they show no Dish 110 or 119 coverage in the far north (like Maine where we often go). From experience I know we can get 110 and 119 on both our Trav'ler and our portable dish/tripod (129 is too low on the horizon), but you'd almost swear the dish is pointed horizontally. I'm guessing the reflector/LNB inside the dome can't mechanically achieve a low enough angle to work at those northern locations.

I don't know which model(s) of Winegard in motion dishes are/were used on which year Entegras, but the T4 being a 2016 release is possibly only on the 2017's.

Michelle
spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 12:24 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Michelle / Vance

Thanks for the info. Trying to decide if I want to just stay with the In Motion or upgrade to the Traveler. Not sure which In Motion Entegra is furnishing with the 2017's so I will ask the question.

I also believe that the Traveler option is set up for the Direct and not Dish so I will need to find out how easily this can be changed.

Thanks again for the info

Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by spuds View Post
Jim,

If the in motion dome Entegra used is the RoadTrip Mission, here are the instructions http://www.winegard.com/help/images/0/02/2452219.pdf Note that if you're in an area that doesn't receive Dish sat 129, you'd apparently need to get up on the roof and set the switches for "Dish Hybrid".

If on the new coaches Entegra is using the new RoadTrip T-4 (which apparently came out this year), here are those instructions http://www.winegard.com/help/images/c/cd/2452356.pdf As you'll see, there's no "Dish Hybrid" setting on this one.

One thing I'm seeing in both these manuals is that they show no Dish 110 or 119 coverage in the far north (like Maine where we often go). From experience I know we can get 110 and 119 on both our Trav'ler and our portable dish/tripod (129 is too low on the horizon), but you'd almost swear the dish is pointed horizontally. I'm guessing the reflector/LNB inside the dome can't mechanically achieve a low enough angle to work at those northern locations.

I don't know which model(s) of Winegard in motion dishes are/were used on which year Entegras, but the T4 being a 2016 release is possibly only on the 2017's.

Michelle
MoHoGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 02:15 PM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
If your order your coach you can specify Dish, Direct or Shaw for the Traveler.

Vance & Robin
Dexter and Winston - Old English Sheepdog Security Service
2014 Entegra Anthem 42DEQ
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 02:20 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:

Thanks

Jim
Jim,

Some have already answered your question, but I will verify that our In Motion on our 2016 Anthem does work with the Dish service simply by flipping some dip switches as described in one of the links above. Have to get up on the roof to do it. Yes, you get HD with Dish and the dome. Great picture. We do not use pay as you go program as we have Dish in our house and it only costs us an additional $7/month for the receiver in our coach. Actually cheaper considering how much we are in the coach. No problem changing service address when we are on the road for local programming. We are firm believers in not fixing what ain't broke! Until this doesn't get the signal, we are sticking with it. It does make some noise when rotating to get a signal, but stops when it has locked onto the signal unless we are moving. No complaints at all here.
Flora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 08:37 PM   #22

Gary, thanks I will check that out
Rollin Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 08:41 PM   #23

Bill thanks that does sum it up well. I'm gonna speak with Shaw and see what they say. The Shaw traveler is the most expensive roof mount
. WOODY,S RV WANT ABOUT 2500 can $
Rollin Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 11:37 PM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora View Post
Jim,

Some have already answered your question, but I will verify that our In Motion on our 2016 Anthem does work with the Dish service simply by flipping some dip switches as described in one of the links above. Have to get up on the roof to do it. Yes, you get HD with Dish and the dome. Great picture. We do not use pay as you go program as we have Dish in our house and it only costs us an additional $7/month for the receiver in our coach. Actually cheaper considering how much we are in the coach. No problem changing service address when we are on the road for local programming. We are firm believers in not fixing what ain't broke! Until this doesn't get the signal, we are sticking with it. It does make some noise when rotating to get a signal, but stops when it has locked onto the signal unless we are moving. No complaints at all here.
Agree. The main reason we switched to the Trav'ler was so we could use a multi-tuner DVR (Hopper/Joey). DVR's generally want to have reception from all sats at the same time and that doesn't happen with a dome. If you don't care about having a DVR - or are OK with a single tuner DVR - the dome will do fine.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 11:53 PM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spuds View Post
Jim,

Michelle
Hey a little off topic but try this. If you are anywhere from RI north and you can't get 129 where all the HD is (especially locals), manually tune your DISH Trav'ler to eastern arc 61.5 and then do a check switch. On my Trav'ler I will almost always get 61.5 AND 72 which provides everything in HD! This has worked for us repeatedly in RI and at several points along the Maine coast including the Bar Harbor area.

72 will be weaker than normal but 99% of the time it works fine and provides all locals in HD (61.5) and everything else in HD (72) without any LNB mods. My theory is that at those latitudes the skew is almost zero and the geometry of the western arc (110/119/129) LNB must be close enough to allow a lock onto the eastern arc 61.5 and 72 at the same time.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 03:35 AM   #26

National RV Owners Club
And you can get the music channels on the in-motion antenna. Now I don't have to get satellite radio installed for those parts of the country where I could not get either radio or wireless service.
jpm777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 06:33 AM   #27

This is off topic but related.....

Just got back from a long trip to west coast and needed to reactivate my home DISH sat service and started talking to tech service about any upgrades of equipment available, and they have apparently just recently introduced a Hopper-III which has 17 tuners in one box which means you can record or watch 17 different channels simultaneously !!!! I said install it and it was installed two days ago, and what a beast of a box it is..... Amazing!! It records all major networks every night during prime time whether you want it or not and then will record or let you record and watch a total of 17 channels at your pleasure. We often seemed to have two channels recording and wanting to watch a third channel in real time, which the old boxes would not do.

I doubt that I will ever need that, but they moved from 3 tuners to 17 tuners and the operation of the system is "SWEET" !!!! Just FYI.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 10:51 AM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
Flora,
Did you have to purchase extra equipment for Dish? I ordered the in motion Winegard and I'm thinking I must need some type of receiver in the coach? Dish is no help. Is the "Wally" the right unit? I'm picking up our new coach in about 10 days and want to be sure to bring the right equipment for the TV.
Thanks in advance
BBelanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems