Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-06-2019, 08:18 AM   #15

When you get tired of messing with it replace it with the RFMogul Eagle and you’ll have a much more harmonious outcome.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2019, 12:30 PM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
DW thinks I'm crazy, but I would love to ditch our Travel'r for the Wingard in-motion that was on our Allegro Bus. Sure, it wasn't as sensitive as the Travel'r due to the smaller dish under the plastic dome, but when it could see the sky, it was bulletproof. Needless to say, I've already pointed out to DW how one of the 2020 changes is that the Travel'r is now standard equipment and the in-motion has become the option while thumping my chest .
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 12:38 PM   #17

Take the traveler loose from the roof and turn it over. There will be a short coax from the outside to the control board. Good chances that is your problem. That coax is prone to corrosion on the ends.
Old 04-06-2019, 08:40 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWat View Post
DW thinks I'm crazy, but I would love to ditch our Travel'r for the Wingard in-motion that was on our Allegro Bus. Sure, it wasn't as sensitive as the Travel'r due to the smaller dish under the plastic dome, but when it could see the sky, it was bulletproof. Needless to say, I've already pointed out to DW how one of the 2020 changes is that the Travel'r is now standard equipment and the in-motion has become the option while thumping my chest .
There are some issues with the any of the dome antennas versus the Travler. Besides the weak signal problems from the small dish caused by frost, rain, etc. The dome will not receive any HD signals for Directv. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think I heard that Directv is doing away with all the SD channels in the near future making it useless for Direct. The other issue is it only receives one satellite at a time where the Travler is receiving 3. So if you are watching on more than one TV they both have to be watching something from the same satellite. That also includes if you are trying to record a channel on one satellite and watch another channel on a different satellite. There are also some compatibility problems with some of the receivers also. I have had both and would never even consider going back to a dome. It was the first addition I made after I picked up my coach. JMHO
Hopefully the OPs problem is something simple like a bad coax or corroded connection.