Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2019, 06:37 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RusLwt001 View Post
Start looking st streaming options. We did from the date of purchase. Our unit came with the DTV winegard and it has never been activated. We stream everything and have hundreds of channel, movie and show options. Streaming is the future. Embrace it it now. We have no regrets.
I would do that if I always had cell service but I don't. Example Yellowstone area, no cell, no antenna signals, Outside of DVD's, what do you do?
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2019, 06:50 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
I have had two Winegard Travelers for DISH without a problem. We just ordered a new coach and ordered it without a Traveler and had an RF Mogul installed yesterday because of posts on the forum with the Traveler problems. If I was changing over an existing Traveler, I would go the $300. route. The first sign of problems, if any, I would change to an RF Mogul. JMO. Cost for an RF Mogul installed was $2,200 with pre-wiring in place.
Old 01-27-2019, 10:54 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I would do that if I always had cell service but I don't. Example Yellowstone area, no cell, no antenna signals, Outside of DVD's, what do you do?
Read books, play music, converse...

I might be the only owner I know that has never used his TV. I Don't have any satellite contract. I don't even know how to use the AV system - the dealer never covered it when I got the coach.
Old 01-28-2019, 08:05 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:

Grizzly in West Yellowstone or the KOA there. No problem with cell in either one. But I would be like DeeGee. When Rick is not around the TV never gets turned on.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 06:17 AM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgoldie View Post
Grizzly in West Yellowstone or the KOA there. No problem with cell in either one. But I would be like DeeGee. When Rick is not around the TV never gets turned on.
Just used that as an example as the park has no service. Last stay for 2 weeks with no services was Kamp Klamath on the Klamath river in No CA for 2 week salmon fishing. Up on the highway cell service, but not at the MH also no locals and the Sat didn't work in the trees. But I went there to fish, and visit with a life long friend so it didn't bother me. However the wine consumption tripled. But what a great area to resupply.

I guess I am the football type and computer research more so than a book reader, but that is just me. Nothing wrong with those that get away to get caught up on reading.

I spent the extra money for a better Sat system, Karen loads many new books in her tablet before every trip. She is probably the smarter one.
Old 01-29-2019, 07:30 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Forgot to mention, I asked the RF Mogul installer what the Direct to DISH changer over would be on a Traveler. He was kind of noncommittal, but I gathered about $300 to $400 done by a dealer or professional. Maybe less by a mobile tech.
Old 01-29-2019, 08:18 AM   #21

Quote:
Forgot to mention, I asked the RF Mogul installer what the Direct to DISH changer over would be on a Traveler. He was kind of noncommittal, but I gathered about $300 to $400 done by a dealer or professional. Maybe less by a mobile tech.
Chuck, on the Mogul I think all you have to do is change the LNB and use a stick to reprogram the control unit. Well the LNB and arm assy from Mogul is $475 otherwise the software is down loaded from their website.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 09:16 AM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Sorry I should have been more clear. I was referring to the OP on labor charges to make their Traveler switch over.

I chose the RF Mogul because of the easy change over if I wanted or the next owner.
Old 04-04-2019, 01:37 PM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneknight View Post
I've had 2 Trav'lers, one I installed on my Monaco in 2010, and the one that came on our Aspire. Zero problems.

As was said, a no brainer. You'll need a 7/16 socket wrench and a ladder. 10 minutes, under $300.

Dish LNB
Dish reflector
Do you have to change the arm assembly also or just the reflector and LNB?
jherrin99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
directv, dish