RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2020, 03:27 PM   #1

Winnebago Industries Temporarily Suspending Production

See this thread over on the Newmar forum regarding a temporary suspension of production at all Winnebago Industries business units. I suspect other RV companies in the area (including Jayco) won’t be far behind.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/wel...en-482487.html

Below is a PDF copy of the press release Winnebago issued earlier today (3/23/2020).
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2020, 04:08 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Yeah, no real surprise. I’m sure the rest will soon follow. Just hope everything recovers quickly and it won’t be as bad as it looks right now for new RV sales.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 09:10 PM   #3

I'll second that motion Gary.
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 08:49 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
The most telling part is the anticipated change in demand. Most retired folks have lost a ton of money in their mutuals the last two weeks and won't be buying new RV's for a long while. Of course this happened in 2008, many smaller manufactures when out of business or were acquired by the big guys. But in the long run the industry seems to have come out stronger. Let's hope that happens again.
2003 Alegro Bus (sold)
garysfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 10:51 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Just received word on the production of our new coach. It looks like Entegra is also closed now. Our production has been delayed.

A quick update: Our governor has declared a Public Health State of Emergency for Indiana. For the next couple of weeks I will be working remotely…, that is, from home.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 07:50 AM   #6

Chuck

I was wondering what might happen to your coach, and my best guess is that it was going to be delayed coming down the line. Sorry to hear, although with so many parks closing down and not operating, you may not have had anywhere to do anyhow except to one of the local big box stores to do some boondocking.

Kinda thought that the RV manufacturing business would need to slow down or close. Your and my buddy said he had 18 coaches either in his hands or some of them already there and the rest soon to arrive and with FMCA cancelled, wondering.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5Fi
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 08:52 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

RV manufacturers are classed as an Essential Business by the governor. This means they don't have to shut down. But each manufacturer needs to use common sense, which is why most are shut down - at least for a while. Having spent time at the Entegra factory during our coach build I can see why social distancing just isn't going to be possible on an RV production line. There's a lot of team work that just isn't going to happen if everyone is spaced 6' apart. Looking at the big picture it's best to be shut down at this time so that everyone is good to go in the near future when things ramp up again. The employees are used to cyclical layoffs so that's nothing new to them. The biggest hit is going to be people who have a coach on order that is halted mid-production. It can get hard to wait when it gets that close.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 08:55 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
I was expecting the closure of Entegra. After I received the email, I Googled the cases and closure of Indiana. I was surprised that sparsely populated Indiana had 365 cases of CV-19 so the Governor close the entire state. We had not scheduled an trips not knowing when the coach would be delivered, turned out to be a good thing.

We paid a fair amount of cancellation fees last year when we had to cancel our trip, I wasn't going to do that this year before any delivery date was given. It turned out for the best. Learn another lesson: ask what the cancellation fees are before booking. Shocking what some charge, especially when there is a waiting list for seasonal stays.
The downturn in the market is going to hurt sales badly. Unless it comes back as fast as it tanked. The crash would hit at the beginning of season, and that is going to hurt.
Old 03-25-2020, 12:46 PM   #9

I have been told that new and used coach prices have fallen 15% based on the COVID-19 problem. My guess is that all of our coaches are taking a beating on value right now.

My hope is that beating is temporary and will rebound, but I think that has a LOT to do with what the market does over the next 6 months. Luckily, I pulled everything I had out of the market as soon as my losses in 2008 managed to get back to even around 2010 and have never invested after that..... missed the big ride up, but now quietly very happy that I also missed the big ride down ....

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5Fi
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 02:55 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Location: Currently in the PNW, heading south and back to TX in October.
Chuck, don't know if your coach has been started but if it has I would be very conscious of build issues when the line opens again. You don't know what crews will come back and at what skill level.

I'm not trying to be an alarmist, but if mine was on the line I would try to find out what happens when it starts up again. Maybe they will issue some extra warranty or PDI to help out.
Johnontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 03:20 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

I've seen their quality control department at work. Personally, I wouldn't be concerned. I think that if anything isn't right it'll get taken care of before it leaves. A whole different procedure than what Chuck experienced on his earlier Anthem.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 04:29 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnontheroad View Post
Chuck, don't know if your coach has been started but if it has I would be very conscious of build issues when the line opens again. You don't know what crews will come back and at what skill level.

I'm not trying to be an alarmist, but if mine was on the line I would try to find out what happens when it starts up again. Maybe they will issue some extra warranty or PDI to help out.
It may look like Johnny Cash’s car!😳😳
Old 03-25-2020, 08:53 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnontheroad View Post
Thank you for the concern. After having gone through the plant shut downs with a winter of 33 below zero and the 2014 I received. At least I know who to call, and as Mark said, thank goodness they have a QC department now. In 14 they looked out of a window and waved good-by.
A call will be made at start up and see where it stands in production.

Tags
winnebago