Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-03-2018, 08:15 AM   #1

Winshield replacement for 2016 Cornerstone

Well after picking up my rig from NIRVC Dallas after 6 weeks and driving home, I come out the next morning to load and leave and my windshield has what looks like a frame movement stress crack.
Lower corner on door side starts under molding, no sign of contact anywhere. Runs vertical about 2.5 ft now.
Any suggestions on replacement companies? I have Progressive so will check my policy on glass. TIA
DavidH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2018, 08:24 AM   #2

I have been told (dont know if it is accurate) that only one company makes that windshield. Now, even if true, that doesn't mean only one company sells them. Luckily, have never had to have one replaced, so keep all of us informed about what you find out.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 09:00 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
David, we have the same problem on our 2015 Cornerstone. Heading to S & S auto in Wakarusa Ind next week to get it replaced. They are suppose to be the best. Check with NIRVC, I'm sure there are others closer, Mike.
JMD VENTURES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 12:15 PM   #4

I've got a 2012 Cornerstone and have replaced the front window 3 times. Factory replaced once also. Finally discovered the issue. The window and frames in the Cornerstone are very tight tolerances. If the coach is on a non-level surface and you leave it dropped down all the way (bleed air out) the fiberglass front cap frame actually bends and if left any amount of time will stress crack the window just as you have experienced. Mine has always been the lower bottom corner of the drivers side. Last and most recent replacement was at my lot at Motorcoach Country Club in Indio and the repair shop came right to the lot. They were the most knowledgable guys yet on this coach. Says they replace more Cornerstone windshields than any other coach. They also replaced the gasket with a new better one from what the factory uses and indicated it should give the glass to frame tolerance a bit more wiggle room, but other than the one steel arch frame over top of the front cap, there is little else holding the fiberglass to the chassis and so it moves, twists and bends when out of kilter. Entegra was aware of this issue when they bought Travel Supreme and added this steel hoop to try and minimize the issue. they may need to upgrade the steel hoop but they tried. Hope this helps. It is still a great coach. Luck to all on yours.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Cornerstone front Steel hoop.pdf (685.7 KB, 27 views)
sjshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 01:12 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Shoes, did this happen while stored on the jacks? I had a TS and as you said, it didn't take much to pop a windshield if not stored level. Old habits are hard to break and one reason I still store with the jacks down.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 07:33 AM   #6

Thanks for the info- installer name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshoes View Post
I've got a 2012 Cornerstone and have replaced the front window 3 times. Factory replaced once also. Finally discovered the issue. The window and frames in the Cornerstone are very tight tolerances. If the coach is on a non-level surface and you leave it dropped down all the way (bleed air out) the fiberglass front cap frame actually bends and if left any amount of time will stress crack the window just as you have experienced. Mine has always been the lower bottom corner of the drivers side. Last and most recent replacement was at my lot at Motorcoach Country Club in Indio and the repair shop came right to the lot. They were the most knowledgable guys yet on this coach. Says they replace more Cornerstone windshields than any other coach. They also replaced the gasket with a new better one from what the factory uses and indicated it should give the glass to frame tolerance a bit more wiggle room, but other than the one steel arch frame over top of the front cap, there is little else holding the fiberglass to the chassis and so it moves, twists and bends when out of kilter. Entegra was aware of this issue when they bought Travel Supreme and added this steel hoop to try and minimize the issue. they may need to upgrade the steel hoop but they tried. Hope this helps. It is still a great coach. Luck to all on yours.
Shoes- thanks for that info, very helpful. Was your most recent install by a national glass company? I would like to get the better gasket too if possible
DavidH2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace, replacement