Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-21-2022, 12:10 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Wiper Failure

15CS. Went back into search mode and found people referred to a fuse in the front DS bay…so I went there. Found the notation inside the fuse box cover, but it refers in the listing of position to “Relay 5” and not fuse. Interestingly. in the diagram next to the listing, there is no Relay 5 on the position picture. Any thoughts? What am I missing?

BTW, wipers don’t move; not a spindle failure, to avoid thread drift to the other common issue.

Thx
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2022, 02:20 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
15CS. Went back into search mode and found people referred to a fuse in the front DS bay…so I went there. Found the notation inside the fuse box cover, but it refers in the listing of position to “Relay 5” and not fuse. Interestingly. in the diagram next to the listing, there is no Relay 5 on the position picture. Any thoughts? What am I missing?

BTW, wipers don’t move; not a spindle failure, to avoid thread drift to the other common issue.

Thx
Hi Dave,

I am not sure about the fuses. Question, are the other functions working on your smart wheel controls? Cruise, high beams, marker flashers, volume controls... I did hear that the control module does loose communications but its been rare. I think that control module is behind the drivers left interior panel...
Magic-carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 02:55 PM   #3

I was also wondering what else is working from the steering controls. There is probably not a fuse for the wipers. Unless it’s in the bay under a he drivers window behind the lower panel. The SCM will supply the power.
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 03:12 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Bobby, the lowest fuse/relay box in the DS front bay says Relay 5 for wipers. All the controls on the steering wheel on the right side (where the wipers are) work, although sometimes when you hit the toggle to change the volume it also changes the radio station.

Magic, I was going by the input from a search on the bar up at the top from several years ago about the fuse. It is also not clear who to call, Entegra or Spartan.
Old 08-22-2022, 07:13 AM   #5

Quote:
Bobby, the lowest fuse/relay box in the DS front bay says Relay 5 for wipers. All the controls on the steering wheel on the right side (where the wipers are) work, although sometimes when you hit the toggle to change the volume it also changes the radio station.

Magic, I was going by the input from a search on the bar up at the top from several years ago about the fuse. It is also not clear who to call, Entegra or Spartan.

From other previous threads on this issue it looks like you aren't the only one that is missing Relay #5. Even though Entegra installs the wipers, I'd probably start with Spartan. Shane would probably be able to point you in the right direction rather quickly.
Old 09-03-2022, 11:10 AM   #6

Dave, did you ever get this issue resolved?
Old 09-04-2022, 04:45 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
I haven’t tried the Spartan rec yet which was a process they gave of basically doing a reset of the SCM…first shutting down the chassis batteries, the going underneath the front, finding the SCM, removing the leads for several minutes, the plugging back in and turning back on in reverse order. Too hot right now…and no longer on the move through the rain. Fortunately, the big windshield clears itself pretty well in the rain.
Old 09-05-2022, 07:06 AM   #8

Quote:
I haven’t tried the Spartan rec yet which was a process they gave of basically doing a reset of the SCM…first shutting down the chassis batteries, the going underneath the front, finding the SCM, removing the leads for several minutes, the plugging back in and turning back on in reverse order. Too hot right now…and no longer on the move through the rain. Fortunately, the big windshield clears itself pretty well in the rain.
Thanks for the update...!