Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2021, 08:34 AM   #1

Wood Design RV Interiors

We've decided to remodel our coach and keep what we have. Our old classic is getting closer to be paid off and it's been reliable. Our 2015 Aspire is a little bit of a freak anyway because it accidentally got built with a 12.5 kw generator instead of the 10 kw. I guess I like the novelty of a unique coach.

After talking with a few of the other Entegra owners we stopped at Wood Design RV Interiors. For about 20k I can remodel our coach with new furniture, counter tops and rearrange everything to fit our needs. TV will be moved to a televater, theater seating, new pantry, new expandable dinning table/desk, and wine cabinet. Ginny will end up with a custom cabinet designed for books and quilting. Our new floor plan will be very different.

The new coaches are very nice but none of the floor plans really hit us without modifications. 2 years away from retirement, I struggle with the thought of starting over again with a new coach that we'd modify anyway.

Once this part is done, I'll seriously look at the "Active air" suspension and upgrading our pilot and co-pilot seats next year.

If anyone is considering new options, I really can't say enough about "Wood Design RV interiors". They're located in Nappanee Indiana. It took a while to get the quote but they're very friendly and know RVs. I believe they started out doing work for Newmar and expanded from there.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2021, 08:50 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave&ginny View Post
We've decided to remodel our coach and keep what we have. Our old classic is getting closer to be paid off and it's been reliable. Our 2015 Aspire is a little bit of a freak anyway because it accidentally got built with a 12.5 kw generator instead of the 10 kw. I guess I like the novelty of a unique coach.

After talking with a few of the other Entegra owners we stopped at Wood Design RV Interiors. For about 20k I can remodel our coach with new furniture, counter tops and rearrange everything to fit our needs. TV will be moved to a televater, theater seating, new pantry, new expandable dinning table/desk, and wine cabinet. Ginny will end up with a custom cabinet designed for books and quilting. Our new floor plan will be very different.

The new coaches are very nice but none of the floor plans really hit us without modifications. 2 years away from retirement, I struggle with the thought of starting over again with a new coach that we'd modify anyway.

Once this part is done, I'll seriously look at the "Active air" suspension and upgrading our pilot and co-pilot seats next year.

If anyone is considering new options, I really can't say enough about "Wood Design RV interiors". They're located in Nappanee Indiana. It took a while to get the quote but they're very friendly and know RVs. I believe they started out doing work for Newmar and expanded from there.

Wood Designs put in a televator, tv and did some cabinet work for us. They did an outstanding job. Can’t say enough about their work.

2016 DSDP 4369, Freightliner Chassis, AF One brake system, 2016 Chevy Equinox
Tigerfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 09:33 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Dave, nice move. A free and clear MH is the best kind. The remodel sounds fantastic.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 10:10 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
I did something similar on my Classic Entegra. Classic Coach in Ormond Beach FL did a great job. You can't tell the new cabinets from the original. New Televator TV, new Lambright reclining coach and side chair. The whole thing cost me about what the sales tax would have been on a trade-in.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 10:27 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
I did something similar on my Classic Entegra. Classic Coach in Ormond Beach FL did a great job. You can't tell the new cabinets from the original. New Televator TV, new Lambright reclining coach and side chair. The whole thing cost me about what the sales tax would have been on a trade-in.

Good point on the sales tax.

We've weighed the difference between a new coach, a newer coach or remodeling the current coach for the past couple of years. I guess looking at money spent and what we get in return while watching the depreciation has guided our decision. No matter how we figured it, we'd be into another $100-$150,000 with a different coach.

Besides the fact that we really don't want all of the newer electronics. I really miss the old fashion wall switches.
Old 06-22-2021, 10:52 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
I agree with you 100%. I had Wood Design put in a bathroom medicine cabinet and bought their steering wheel cover back in 2019, Lambright reclining sofa in 2018 and a few other modifications. Going to have them do the table so I can seat 4 comfortably and possibly the fireplace storage area this fall. They are not cheap, but everything isn't cheaply made either, quite the craftsman.

Yes, I too like my classic Anthem. I've also got the whole house automatic water softner and HWH AA .... just had NIRVC put ProTeng throughout the coach, so planning on keeping this one for the duration of my motorhoming days.

Congratulations on your decision to keep your classic!
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 11:43 AM   #7

Refurbish older coach

This is a terrific idea and not an unreasonable amount of money. I am 68 and maybe have 10 or 12 years of driving a 45' MH left in me. As I read the daily onslaught of failed DEF heads, macerator fiascos, iPad controls for heating, cooling, lights, shades etc, I am finding the simplicity and dependability of my old 2014 Anthem to be quite appealing. I think the running gear will last longer than me. A full blown refurbishment perhaps with new television, dash radio,
residential refridgerator, dishwasher, microwave and W/D would pretty much do it
along with the cosmetics of countertops and furniture.
Guernsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 02:25 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
This is a terrific idea and not an unreasonable amount of money. I am 68 and maybe have 10 or 12 years of driving a 45' MH left in me. As I read the daily onslaught of failed DEF heads, macerator fiascos, iPad controls for heating, cooling, lights, shades etc, I am finding the simplicity and dependability of my old 2014 Anthem to be quite appealing. I think the running gear will last longer than me. A full blown refurbishment perhaps with new television, dash radio,
residential refridgerator, dishwasher, microwave and W/D would pretty much do it
along with the cosmetics of countertops and furniture.

Jim,
it's really hard to buy another coach that has the same engine and frame, yet worry if it's going to be a problem down the road. If I was having problems with mine, we would look at it differently.

I realize that soon there's some awnings and tires coming close to being replaced since they're 7 years old but they're fairly easy to budget.
Old 06-22-2021, 03:13 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
I agree, build it to your specs! I’ve had 5 Entegras starting with a 2011! ALL of them were constructed the exact same way! Exactly the same box construction, same slides and construction, same chassis, same engine, for 13 years! At some point I feel like they are just putting lipstick on a beautiful but aging model and calling it done!
Much better off updating what you have to your taste rather than buying and fixing what they think is trendy! I guess I’m off the carousel and I am modifying my 2019 to fit my wants! When there really is something new, maybe....
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 05:43 AM   #10

X2. Well said!
Old 06-23-2021, 07:33 AM   #11

I love it, I have a 2018 Aspire paid for and was thinking about upgrading since the anthem and Cornerstone offer a bunkbed for plan now….. The reason for me thinking that way is of the added power I would gain with the bigger engine the safety of the bigger steer tires and the driving assistance to help with driver fatigue. Can anybody talk to me about those items and then their opinion would it be worth it ? Is this driver assistance all that much easier to drive? Does it really help that much on Driver fatigue?
buck58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 07:52 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by buck58 View Post
I love it, I have a 2018 Aspire paid for and was thinking about upgrading since the anthem and Cornerstone offer a bunkbed for plan now….. The reason for me thinking that way is of the added power I would gain with the bigger engine the safety of the bigger steer tires and the driving assistance to help with driver fatigue. Can anybody talk to me about those items and then their opinion would it be worth it ? Is this driver assistance all that much easier to drive? Does it really help that much on Driver fatigue?

Only you can make that decision. It’s going to be expensive. If that’s not your biggest concern then you should! The bigger engine and steering improvements are worth it.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 09:11 AM   #13

This is a great thread so I hope OP shares photos of what was done or add to Mods Stickie.
We’ve discussed remodeling the coach if we don’t downsize. Most of the “new” things EC added don’t interest me and our floor plan suits us well.
When you factor in trade, sales tax, depreciation, etc. as others say, the cost of remodeling looks much more reasonable.
2017 Jeep JKU
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 09:14 AM   #14

The steering improvements ( Driver fatigue & safety)would be the only thing that would make me buy a new rig instead of remodel, and I agree very interested in the pictures and the continuation of this thread…. I’m gonna drive a newer model and see if there’s that much difference in the steering assist… As stated I’ve got a 2018 Aspire paid for
buck58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
interior