Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2020, 10:11 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Cool Xcite issues

Well, I'm sure I'm the first person to ever have a problem with the Xcite system....NOT!

Mine has starting rebooting itself. No consistency in how it occurs. Yesterday, while driving it rebooted itself about every 2 minute or less...sometimes no more than 30 seconds.

It actually doesn't reboot...it just goes dead and the navigation and cameras go away. It doesn't come back on it's own. I have to turn it off and back on to get it to work again.

I've tried everything I can think of to keep it running.

Any thoughts on this one ??
2016 Jeep Cherokee
Dr. Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2020, 10:22 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I guess my first thought, because it's something that I might be able to solve, is to check electrical connections. I'd pull the display unit and examine/re-seat the various connections.

Beyond that, I'd probably suspect some sort of "infant mortality" and give Entegra Customer Service a call.

Good luck!

Take care,
Stu
Old 05-21-2020, 10:30 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 Driver View Post
I guess my first thought, because it's something that I might be able to solve, is to check electrical connections. I'd pull the display unit and examine/re-seat the various connections.

Beyond that, I'd probably suspect some sort of "infant mortality" and give Entegra Customer Service a call.

Good luck!

Take care,
Stu
Yeah, the Tech's at NIRVC did remove the dash and check all the connections. I have talked to Entegra Customer Service and RiverPark about the issues. They have no solutions, at this point, either. I thought it might be the SD card, so I removed that fro the unit and it still when belly-up. Ironically, when I am sitting still, the unit works flawlessly. I've had it on all morning and no crashes.

I agree, that it seems to be a connection issue, but I, along with the techs would not make it reboot by jiggling cables, both behind the dash and at the head unit.

RiverPark and Entegra will not send a new unit until they can diagnose this one for the cause....
2016 Jeep Cherokee
Dr. Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 10:39 AM   #4

The loose connection might be internal to the unit, and that makes it a whole lot more difficult to make them happy.

Has it ever worked consistently? Is this a new development?

What do they propose as a solution that makes them happy?

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 10:44 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
One other point of connection that you didn't mention is the four switches on the smartwheel that control the various modes. It might be possible that there's something going on with one of those. The connections would be subject to moving as you're driving and NOT while you're parked.

Just a guess.

Intermittent failure can be a bugger to figure out. The easiest electronic failures to troubleshoot are the ones where you witness the "magic smoke" escaping. Swap the box from which the smoke escaped and you're good to go...most of the time, anyway.

Good luck.

Take care,
Stu
Old 05-24-2020, 10:15 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Q View Post
Any thoughts on this one ??
Mine seems to do it when it's hot out. I'm pretty sure (in my case) it's overheating. Mine rebooted by itself a couple of times, then quit altogether.

I know that overheating is a common issue--I've got a muffin fan on order to help keep it cool.

It first started happening when we were driving through the desert a few days ago in New Mexico. YMMV...
bsaldeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 10:48 AM   #7

Bob,

I don’t have the problem you mention with overheating, but a friend of mine did. After replacing the Riverpark head unit several times a fan was installed similar to what your going to do. He also took down the front over head TV and drilled some holes in the side of the cabinet to allow the fan to pull in fresh air. With TV back up you can’t see holes.

Another thing he did was to install an on off switch on the unit to turn it off when they would sit for long periods. All has been good for him, 2 1/2 yrs now, since he’s done this mod....
Glider114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 10:54 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
that's a good idea about drilling a few holes in the back---otherwise you're just pushing hot air around...thanks for the tip!
bsaldeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 11:07 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
I had this problem and found it was caused by a loose connection under the dash access panel.

KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 11:19 AM   #10

I can't find the thread relating to this issue but I do remember it was a similar problem and they discovered a loose ground connection on a ground buss or bar on the firewall under the dash. They found it "finger tight" if I remember correctly.
Magic-carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 01:11 PM   #11

Quote:
One other point of connection that you didn't mention is the four switches on the smartwheel that control the various modes. It might be possible that there's something going on with one of those. The connections would be subject to moving as you're driving and NOT while you're parked.

Just a guess.

Intermittent failure can be a bugger to figure out. The easiest electronic failures to troubleshoot are the ones where you witness the "magic smoke" escaping. Swap the box from which the smoke escaped and you're good to go...most of the time, anyway.

Good luck.

Take care,
Stu
Stu, the 2020s only have three switches. Left switch controls wheel tilt, upper right is wheel extend/retract, bottom right switch extend/retract the petals.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 03:44 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
Stu, the 2020s only have three switches. Left switch controls wheel tilt, upper right is wheel extend/retract, bottom right switch extend/retract the petals.
Oops! Shows how ancient my '18 is, I guess.

So, is there any remote control for the Excite (volume, mode, etc.)?

Take care,
Stu
Old 05-24-2020, 04:36 PM   #13

Quote:
Oops! Shows how ancient my '18 is, I guess.

So, is there any remote control for the Excite (volume, mode, etc.)?

Take care,
Stu
Nope, at least not on the wheel. Funny thing this is just my second trip in the 2020 after sitting for 7 months. I kept pushing and pulling the upper switch on the steering wheel, telling my wife this damn control for the radio isn’t working. Finally held the switch down and the steering wheel ran into my knees. Then started playing with bottom sw. and discovered the pedals moving. So I just rediscovered that those switches do not control the radio like on our 2017!
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote