Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-16-2016, 09:05 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
You picked a fine time to leave me, Lucille!

Coldest forecast of our trip and the remote temp sensor in the basement went nuts! Changed batteries in everything and it still reads a couple degrees below outside temp. Don't have any choice but to assume if we are warm in the coach the basement is warm also.

Vance & Robin
Dexter and Winston - Old English Sheepdog Security Service
2014 Entegra Anthem 42DEQ
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-16-2016, 09:45 PM   #2

Don't feel like the lone Ranger:-) Must be sunspots or something because mine went south also. Something about below zero weather I guess!! Fortunately coach is in the driveway plugged in so I can keep track of things with manual thermometers. I put several slightly filled water bottles in strategic areas in basement to look at occasionally to see if anything is freezing.

Got all the temp bugs in now replacing batteries and rebooting.
Old 12-16-2016, 11:24 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Checked the weather forecast and it will get down to 5 or 6 degrees in town, and where you are (Horseshoe Bend?) It will most likely be a little colder. Hope that heater in the basement is working.
Ready2Travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 05:31 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Walmart for a new one? I hate that feeling of not knowing when it's that cold. I put a 100w drop light in the wet bay just in case when it's not even that cold.
Hope everything went will last night Vance. Watching the weather, we saw what it's like, we feel for all of you in the path of the arctic blast.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 05:32 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Fine Time to Leave me, Lucille

We will not make it to Florida until after Christmas from Massachusetts. My coach is here at our home, plugged in, but I have remote temp sensors scattered, also. This is a first with a coach not winterized with low temperatures in the single digits. Nervous, but things look fine so far. The aqua hot is working as designed, but I did put a couple of bottles of water around to check for freezing. This SOB on the "dark side" feels your concern. Cannot head South fast enough.

Fred

SOB
Car1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 05:43 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
4 degrees at my home this AM, hope things are cozy in your MH. Just checked and it's above 40 in my garage, even at the front by the large garage door (it's insulated) but left the floor heat on 1 at 9PM last night (electric heat only) just be be sure it did not freeze. Just cheched and basement heat is 61, coach is 55 to 57. Was 51 last night before turning it on in the coach.
Ready2Travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 06:24 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
The basement AH really works! That is a great report for us warm weather coach owners.
Old 12-17-2016, 10:11 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Brobox: You gave me a good laugh with that post.

PS: Use a lot of sunscreen so you don't burn your skin there in the Ft Myers area !
two-niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 10:20 AM   #9

Even cold in California last night. Twenty degrees this morning when I got up. Aquahot on in the driveway!
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 10:39 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Bedroom was nice all night, even a little too warm when I finally woke up. DW said the salon was a little cooler than normal but the fireplace brought it up quickly. All our water worked fine so our basement is warm regardless of what the remote sensor says. The Camco heated hose is supposed to be good to -20, I know it is good to near 0!

Sunday is forecast to be the cold night!

Vance & Robin
Dexter and Winston - Old English Sheepdog Security Service
2014 Entegra Anthem 42DEQ
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 11:12 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by two-niner View Post
Brobox: You gave me a good laugh with that post.

PS: Use a lot of sunscreen so you don't burn your skin there in the Ft Myers area !
We are wishing it would cool off a bit, currently 83.3 degrees and humid. Doesn't even feel like Christmas.
Old 12-17-2016, 06:23 PM   #12

Chuck, now you are just rubbing it in.

We finally warmed up to 30, just in time for a nice ice storm today into tonight. Then it heads back to minus zero for tomorrow night.

Snow doesn't bother me. I actually like it, if its not too windy. However, I hate ICE !

Hopefully after the holidays a window will open for a run toward the south.

Steve
Old 12-18-2016, 08:16 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
I know I might be in the minority, but I don't ever turn on my basement heat except occasionally for a few minutes to exercise the system. My basement stays plenty warm without it. I keep a remote thermometer in the wet bay to monitor. I have not been in cold enough temperatures to need the basement heat yet. I know some of you are in cold enough temps to need it, but hopefully I will never NEED it. I am impressed on how warm the basement stays without it. It was 13 this morning in the DFW area and my wet bay never got below 45. I guess my basement gets enough heat from the floor, coach and aquahot unit to keep it warm.