Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2020, 05:00 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Zone 2 A/C

Greetings all,

I am sure this is normal, but wanted to reach out to see if anyone is experiencing the same issue.

I do believe that the AC's cycle between each other, Zone 1 and Zone 3 are fine, but the temperature on Zone 2 reflects 80 degrees even though I have it down to 73 degrees. So should I adjust the temperature on Zone 2 to like 75?

The air coming out is not cold at all.

thanks
sdesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2020, 07:06 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdesha View Post
Greetings all,

I am sure this is normal, but wanted to reach out to see if anyone is experiencing the same issue.

I do believe that the AC's cycle between each other, Zone 1 and Zone 3 are fine, but the temperature on Zone 2 reflects 80 degrees even though I have it down to 73 degrees. So should I adjust the temperature on Zone 2 to like 75?

The air coming out is not cold at all.

thanks
Zone 2 A/C unit probably isn’t working. If it’s not putting out cold air when set on 73 I doubt turning it up to 75 will produce cold air.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 07:09 PM   #3

Thermostats are ON/OFF devices. If the "measured temp" is higher than the "Set temp", the unit will cool.

There is no "less cool" or "more cool" If the measured temp is 84, a setting of 83 is just as cold as 73 or even 63.

Make sure the unit is in COOL/AUTO.
Look for the snowflake icon = cool
Listen to it. One fan will start.... there is a programmable delay that could be as long as a couple minutes, then you will hear the second fan start. At that same time, you should hear the compressor kick in. The compressor is loud, BaWOOOOO... it'll get your attention if you're listening. Without the compressor, there is only air, no cold.
oneknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 07:10 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
I completely agree with Rollin. Unfortunately, it sounds like your AC has malfunctioned. Easy enough to confirm by turning the other two off one night or early in the morning (before the heat of the day so you don't have to fight to get the coach cool again) and feeling the air coming out of the vents. If you have a temperature gun, there should be close to a 10 degree difference between the air going into your returns and the air coming out of the vents when the compressor is on.
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 08:30 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
The 14 were the first year of the new Coleman Mach lll AC's. Bad part, they were the learning year with a few problems. Many of us with 14's had to replace units.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 03:28 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Did theses have Mach III or the 8?

My 13 has the Mach 8 units (15,000)
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 03:50 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwoodofd View Post
Did theses have Mach III or the 8?

My 13 has the Mach 8 units (15,000)
You're right the 8's . The very late 13's and 14's had the first with a few problems.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 03:58 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I don't know if I'm much help, but I had a similar issue on our coach trying to use the Auto feature with a given "set point". I gave up and manually set it to cool, and fan to auto. Set the desired temp to 65 if you'd like. If it's still blowing warmer than expected air, make sure your filters are clean. If filters are clean, I'd have it checked.

Cheers!
R
HarleySG is offline   Reply With Quote