Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Sprinter Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-03-2017, 07:05 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsMan View Post
There are a bunch of us in a small email group for prism owners. We share mods,fixes, ideas. Can add you to our email list if you wish. PM me.

Cheers

Mars
Am I added?
AudiDudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2017, 05:26 PM   #16

I have a 2015 Prism and I found out why it takes about one hour to fill the water tank. The water fill is at the bottom of the tank therefore it has to push against all the water in the tank to fill against gravity. What I did was to remove the thin plywood wall at the back of the Prism storage bin so that I could look at the water tank. I cut out a strip so I could at least see the actual water level. I am considering trying to re-route the full pipe from the bottom to the top of the tank. There is a threaded port near the top.
dhowsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 07:56 PM   #17

dhowsf - which Prism do you have? I have a 2015 24J, with NO issue filling the tank. Whether the fill is at the top or bottom makes no issue - you have 30 psi or more coming in from the city fill - a 14" water column of resistance against that won't be an issue. ST

2005-2015 Roadtrek 190P, 1993-2005 Northstar Soft-Side TC, 1989-1993 Tents!
Loggenrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 08:24 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhowsf View Post
I have a 2015 Prism and I found out why it takes about one hour to fill the water tank. The water fill is at the bottom of the tank therefore it has to push against all the water in the tank to fill against gravity. What I did was to remove the thin plywood wall at the back of the Prism storage bin so that I could look at the water tank. I cut out a strip so I could at least see the actual water level. I am considering trying to re-route the full pipe from the bottom to the top of the tank. There is a threaded port near the top.
Did you see the pic I posted where under the shower the water pipe was kinked? After unkinking, I can fill the tank in less than 10 minutes.

On my '15 24G, you can remove the panel below the fridge and get to the water tank or you can remove the slotted panel below the stove (where the low point drains are) and have access to the tank as well. Removing the drawers under the stove also yields access to the tank and the water pump. My pump is quite noisy so I am looking to remove it and put some rubber mounts under it. Maybe this winter as we head south in about 3 weeks.
Old 08-31-2017, 09:51 AM   #19

Hi Guys, I really thought that it was the position of the fill but now I think I may have a kinked hose like you had. I did not know that there was a crimping tool that can remove the hose clamps! I had a hell of a time cutting two off when I had a leak under the bathroom sink. I have a 2015 Prism 2150. I now will remove some panels to see if I have a kink. It takes about one hour to fill the 50gal tank!!
Old 08-31-2017, 10:35 AM   #20

Hi Audidudi, I can access the back of the water tank from the rear storage. The tank is under the bed next to the shower. I don't think I have the same access that you have because i cannot get the same view as in your photo. I may have to take the outside water fill door off to get access? I really think that we have a very similar problem that you had. I am in Southern Cal in Orange County.. where are you?
Old 08-31-2017, 10:38 AM   #21

I looked at your photo of your 24G and it looks like the shower is on the other side. YOu have a 30gal tank? WE have a 50gal.
Old 08-31-2017, 10:54 AM   #22

hi Marsman, would you please add me to your Prism group?

thanks!
Old 08-31-2017, 08:31 PM   #23

Quote:
I looked at your photo of your 24G and it looks like the shower is on the other side. YOu have a 30gal tank? WE have a 50gal.

Yeah -our tank is a 30 gal. Shower is on the road side and the outside fill connection is located under the shower. The water tank is located under the fridge on the curb side. It would seem our floor plans are way different.

I'm in western Montana.
Old 08-31-2017, 08:36 PM   #24

Quote:
Hi Audidudi, I can access the back of the water tank from the rear storage. The tank is under the bed next to the shower. I don't think I have the same access that you have because i cannot get the same view as in your photo. I may have to take the outside water fill door off to get access? I really think that we have a very similar problem that you had. I am in Southern Cal in Orange County.. where are you?
On mine, there would be no way to get the outside fill door/compartment off without loosening the conections on the inside. There must be some panel you can remove to access the inside of the fill connection. I thought mine was much more forward in the coach than it is - I finally measured the distance from the back of side slide to fill and then used that inside to determine where it had to be.

Good luck!! I'm in western Montana for a few more week before we head to AZ for the winter.
Old 09-01-2017, 12:01 AM   #25

Hi Audi, my water fill is next to the shower. The water tank is on the opposite side of the shower from the fill. I cannot see any kinked hoses bu the line disappears under the shower. I hope to figure something out but for now I am stumped.
Old 09-01-2017, 10:18 PM   #26

Quote:
Hi Audi, my water fill is next to the shower. The water tank is on the opposite side of the shower from the fill. I cannot see any kinked hoses bu the line disappears under the shower. I hope to figure something out but for now I am stumped.
On mine there is an access panel with two screws that allow one to see under the shower and the backside of the water fill port. My water tank is also on the opposite side from the shower.
Old 05-25-2018, 01:26 PM   #27

Nlh

We had the same problem. Turned out a fresh water valve, hidden behind a wall was turned in the wrong direction
Houlton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, tank, water